grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Habs win another at Boston. Chara out for the game made a big difference and the Habs played a smart, disciplined game.

Unfortunately the Flyers won.

Kings are taking it to the Sharks tonight, up 3-0 late in the second.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Go Wings!

After Game 2.....

Announcer : "I think Phoenix will be in a good mindset for Game 3.....they can build on the fact that they came back from a 4-0 deficit and made a game out of it."

Poor Red Wings.....all they have to build on is a win. :)

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Go Wings!

After Game 2.....

Announcer : "I think Phoenix will be in a good mindset for Game 3.....they can build on the fact that they came back from a 4-0 deficit and made a game out of it."

Don

I'd love to see the Coyotes upset the Wings. Do I think it is going to happen...no.

Do I think the Sharks may get upset by the Kings....if the Sharks don't play better than they did tonight...yes.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Now now, calm down. Sharks played like royal shit tonight, but they have never gotten their ass totally handed to them twice in a row this year.
Unfortunately I was at the game, wish they would have done a bit better.

Edit: P.S. Who was leaving the game in a red truck with a Skydiving sticker on it????? hahaha

Habs win another at Boston. Chara out for the game made a big difference and the Habs played a smart, disciplined game.

Unfortunately the Flyers won.

Kings are taking it to the Sharks tonight, up 3-0 late in the second.

Go Habs! I really do hope, they do good this year. They've worked hard to get where they are and I love the fact they are beating Boston. I just don't like Chara and co.
Sharks need to go down!
Wings came real close to blowing it! Did you happen to see the 'between the legs' goal Datsyuk got? That guy is a magician! It was a thing of absolute beauty!
Things here in West Texas have been fairly tense, with all the wildfires. I think, I'm easing-up a bit.

Chuck

Go Wings!

After Game 2.....

Don

Those announcers are goofy! Wings came close to blowing it. What did you think of that fancy little goal Pavel got? I had to watch that over and over and over... The guy is a wonder!
I just hope, the Wings can keep it up and stay healthy!

Chuck

I just don't like Chara and co.

You, me, and a few million people in Montreal....

Chara is just a bigger version of Pronger. Last year, during the regular season (2009 - 2010), Pavel Datsyuk caught Chara in a corner, slammed him so hard that Chara actually went down on the ice! :D I loved it! :D

Chuck

Just wait. I think the Sharks will come out in LA with a fire under their ass.

I'll be amazed if it happens. Joe Thornton just doesn't have the fire that the truly great ones have imo. There is no rising to the occasion with him.
--
Murray

Just wait. I think the Sharks will come out in LA with a fire under their ass.

I'll be amazed if it happens. Joe Thornton just doesn't have the fire that the truly great ones have imo. There is no rising to the occasion with him.

No Show Joe is living up to his moniker. Add Setoguchi to the contagion. The Sharks just have not taken it to the Kings like they were expected to. Why?

Drew Douty and the Kings defense just went nuts on the Sharks. Sure, the Kings don't have Kopi and the offense has stunk. But if recent history has shown, nothing builds confidence in the playoffs like a series against the Sharks.

If the kings keep playing defense as they did, they will be in every game. As the Sharks try to press they will either commit penalties or they will leave opportunities for quick strikes. And Quickie has been pretty good, too.

Go Kings Go!!!! And "Smile you son of a bitch!!!"

My wife is hotter than your wife.

In the first the Sharks looked DONE but have come back to tie it at 5, now in the third.

How about the licking the Hawks laid on the Canucks! If the Hawks win Game 5 I won't be surprised to see them pull off the upset.
--
Murray

It sure seems like the lighting is really awfully bad in the stadium for the Rangers game. Is that normal for them, maybe just bad camera settings? (doesn't seem likely).
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am