grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Habs/Bruins is the best first round match up by far. Bad blood, long rival history and, well, more bad blood!:P

I think the Canucks are a bit over rated. Look at who they play in their division. My beer league team could win a few of those games. The Kings have no offense now, so they will have to batter the Canucks with hits. They will soften them up, but lose in 5. The Canucks will limp into round 2.

San Jose looks good, but the hottest team in the NHL is the Mighty Quackers. The Preds might do some damage also, they have a good goalie and balanced line up.

The East is pretty open. The Caps are playing well, but I think they are the Sharks of the East, sorry SkyBytch.:P The Pens are my team, as you all know, but need Sid back soon to do some damage. Tampa has some great players.

The Rangers suck, truly. If it wasn't for goaltending, they would be golfing also. Boston is formidable and should crush Montreal. But we all know how that can go. Halak isn't there to lead the Habs to glory this year.

The Flyers face that age old problem of theirs, stopping the puck. They have a nice team, but...

So what do you guys think?

I'm still going with a Pens/Canucks finalB|

I think the Canucks are a bit over rated. Look at who they play in their division. My beer league team could win a few of those games. The Kings have no offense now, so they will have to batter the Canucks with hits. They will soften them up, but lose in 5. The Canucks will limp into round 2.

? Did you forget about the Blackhawks or dismiss them all together? Round 1, Nucks v. Blackhawks

geez, I am retarded. I was looking at a week old matchup "prelude" this morning.:S:PB|

Sharks will have to pound it out with the Kings. The Kings have no goal scoring. The Sharks will limp into rd. 2. Sharks in 5.

I think the Hawks could knock off the Canucks, but it will come down to goaltending. And the Hawks rely on their "D" way too much for scoring. I'm just not so sure the Canucks are as good as they look on paper. I know winning the President's Cup is usually the kiss of death for taking home Lord Stanley's Cup also.

The Caps are playing well, but I think they are the Sharks of the East, sorry SkyBytch.

:D

My hope is that the Sharks surprise some people this year. Unlike previous seasons, since the All Star break this year they've had consistent scoring from more than one line, a goalie that isn't streaky (thanks, Chicago!) and a focus on defense - even Thornton is playing defensively.

Sharks and some team from the East ;) in the final.

The Caps are playing well, but I think they are the Sharks of the East,

:D

Couldn't help but notice that you made no reference at all to my Wings, a team of veterans who know how to win championships, and will win another if Howard can right his ship.

Hoser. :P

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

I should have done a series by series discussion.
I didn't mention the Wings or Sabres. oops.B|

I think the Red Wings aren't consistent enough
this season. Their goalie Howard is OK, but how will he do in the playoffs? As you know, I would LOVE to see a Wings/Pens final! I just don't think they have enough this year, although Billy Jaffey on NHL Network is pegging them to win the Cup.

Poor Ryan Miller. he joins a long line of great goalies that play on mediocre teams and will never win a Cup.

All I know is it's playoff time starting Wednesday, don't call my house!!!!:ph34r:

I think the Flyers could go deep in the playoffs again. I hate them, despise them and pray for an early exit.

Put me down as a Canuck skeptic. Am not a believer in Luongo and don't know if they have the grit the playoffs require.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Put me down as a Canuck skeptic. Am not a believer in Luongo and don't know if they have the grit the playoffs require.

I'm a Hawks fan, and obviously hoping for the best. The Blackhawks have knocked the Nucks out of the playoffs the last two years, but the Hawks are definitely a different team this year. I'm ready for an exciting series.

My beer league team could win a few games in that division the Canucks play in.:P
Avs, Wild, Oilers, Flames=pitifull.

Will be interesting to see who Edmonton picks in the Entry Draft. They just won the draft lottery. 2nd year in a row they have 1st pick.

As for the MTL/BOS series, I know there's lot of bad blood between the 2 teams, but I think Montreal has to play a disciplined game. They can't afford too many penalty kills. They'll need as much 5 on 5 time they can get to try and get pucks past Thomas. He could be the real story of the playoffs...

And let's face it. It's playoff hockey. Fights really drop off at this point - but as I recall, there were still a few in last years playoffs. Finally, who the hell wants to go toe-to-toe with Chara? The man is a beast.

Seeing my team is out, I'll be cheering for the only 2 Canadian teams in the Playoffs. C'mon guys. PLEASE. Either of you - win the cup...It's been so long since a Canadian team won. I can't even remember the year. All I know is that it was 2 ex-wifes ago...

My beer league team could win a few games in that division the Canucks play in.:P
Avs, Wild, Oilers, Flames=pitifull.

Will be interesting to see who Edmonton picks in the Entry Draft. They just won the draft lottery. 2nd year in a row they have 1st pick.

As for the MTL/BOS series, I know there's lot of bad blood between the 2 teams, but I think Montreal has to play a disciplined game. They can't afford too many penalty kills. They'll need as much 5 on 5 time they can get to try and get pucks past Thomas. He could be the real story of the playoffs...

And let's face it. It's playoff hockey. Fights really drop off at this point - but as I recall, there were still a few in last years playoffs. Finally, who the hell wants to go toe-to-toe with Chara? The man is a beast.

Seeing my team is out, I'll be cheering for the only 2 Canadian teams in the Playoffs. C'mon guys. PLEASE. Either of you - win the cup...It's been so long since a Canadian team won. I can't even remember the year. All I know is that it was 2 ex-wifes ago...

Edmonton has the potential in the next few years to have a really solid contender....

Playoffs on the go, its been a good show thus far, my pens just outclassed tampa last night. fleury had a great game.

Watching the montreal game and the habs just seem to be skating harder then boston....hoping for a habs win!
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

B| Indeed! Habs win! Flyers lose!

Of all the teams in the Eastern Conference, I'd like to see the Canadiens go to the finals! I hope too, they take this win and build momentum and flat, knock-off the 'Broadstreet Bullies! Go Habs.
The Wings finally, showed-up for the second period! They'd better show some effort or they'll be watching the play-offs from the big screen on the 19-th. hole! Go Wings!

Chuck