grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

The Wings have until noon today to know if they have Nabakov or not. All the other teams have until then to make-up their minds. I think, the Wings will get him. I haven't read or heard where any other team is scrambling for him. The deal is, the Wings can't keep using their goalies in Grand Rapids without bringing them up 'full-time' or losing one to waivers. The Wings are also trying to get Jimmy Howard some relief. Ozzie will be out till some time in March. All the injuries the Wings are going through right now (7-players) they're in a bind and need to win some games. I really don't think, Nabakov is the answer. We'll see...

Chuck

Nope ;)

N...Y.....Islanders...........

:P

I heard that! I was watching the Red Wings game and Mickey Redmond made the announcement. I agree with Chris Osgood... "Why would they (Islanders) do that?" The Islanders are the 3rd worst team in the league. Nabakov only had a .888 save % with the KHL. He was dropped less than a year into a four year contract. The Red Wings are in a bind now. Not to mention, they're losing to Chicago, after 2-periods. [:/]

Chuck

Looks like 'Nabby' is a 'hold-out'! He hung-up when Garth Snow, the Islanders GM called! He wants to go to Detroit and cannot see why the Islanders want want him with no chance of making the play-offs. 'If' he does not show-up at the Islanders, they can keep him from playing in the NHL next season. This could get interesting.

Chuck

Detroit's biggest problem is with their defence. Also, the fact they do too much passing the puck and not taking shots. Drives me nuts! They'll pass-up a good chance to shoot and pass the puck, usually ending in a turn-over.

Chuck

I agree and feel your frustration. Despite that, they are still 4th in the NHL standings as of this morning. :)
GO WINGS!

aloha.

Detroit's biggest problem is with their defence. Also, the fact they do too much passing the puck and not taking shots. Drives me nuts! They'll pass-up a good chance to shoot and pass the puck, usually ending in a turn-over.

Chuck

I agree and feel your frustration. Despite that, they are still 4th in the NHL standings as of this morning. :)
GO WINGS!

The fact too, that they are down 7-key players hasn't helped matters.

Chuck

Kovalev is great fun to watch. I wish we would have picked up Penner, he's killing it right now with the Kings.

So speaking of the LA Kings. Last Saturday night my fire department team took on the LA Kings alumni team. What a great time. Their line up was; Luc Robitaille, Marty McSorley, Valeri Bure, Ian Turnbull, Mark Hardy and his son, Nelson Emerson, Craig Johnson, Brandon Convrey and some guy in goal that parctices with the NHL teams when they are in town.
We lost something like 17-13, but no one cared. It was a great time and the 2,500+ fans loved it. All of the NHLers were great sportsmen and true gentlemen.
I asked Luc if i should have the ref measure Marty's stick. He said it would probably be better if I just left that one alone.:PB|:ph34r:
Ian Turnbull is hilarious. He still goes pretty good for an oldtimer too. But hell, I was the third oldest guy on the ice.:S
They want to play us every year now. Excellent!!!B|