grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Great matchups tonight...

the aforementioned Flyers/Pens, also Oilers/Flames Chicago/Colorado and HABS/Leafs.

Go Habs!!!!
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

That was pretty funny! My bro and I were leaving a restaurant our friend works at the other day, and on the way out we looking into the local ice rink next door and there was some hockey going. Basically no fans, but we hung out for a few and made a bunch of noise when there was a goal. The players looked at us weird. Hahahaha.

Hope you guys get to catch the Sharks opener, at noon tomorrow (today.... aka friday). We are playing overseas!

I am not about to predict the cup returning to Edmonton, but damn that game was fun last night. First over-all pick Taylor Hall was put on a line with 2008 first rounder Jordan Eberle in both of their first NHL games. The speed and finesse of Hall was on display all night but it was Eberle who potted his first and second goals. Watching those two break out was giving folks flashbacks of a couple of wizz kids in the eighties. B| The team still has a long way to go but it will be entertaining to watch.
Watching Macintyre knock Ivanans out cold was pretty sweet too.

Me too! Looking forward to see how the Red Wings do, this year. I'm hoping, their goal-tending is better this year. I'm anxious also, to see how the new young guys they acquired do. I love this time of year!

Chuck

I'm anxious to see how the old guy (Modano) they acquired does also. B|

GO WINGS!

aloha.

Me too! Looking forward to see how the Red Wings do, this year. I'm hoping, their goal-tending is better this year. I'm anxious also, to see how the new young guys they acquired do. I love this time of year!

Chuck

GO WINGS!

It seems weird, rooting for Modano now, after so many years of his being with Dallas. I think, he'll be a good addition to the Wings. He definately brings a lot of experience to help the new young guys.

Chuck

Chuck

GO WINGS!

It seems weird, rooting for Modano now, after so many years of his being with Dallas. I think, he'll be a good addition to the Wings. He definately brings a lot of experience to help the new young guys.

Chuck

Modano looked pretty good, last night! Scored a goal in just a little over 5-min. into the game. Howard gets his 4th. career shut-out. Yee-haaaaaa...
Wings at Chicago, tonight!

edit to add: Modano definately, looks better in a Red Wings sweater!

Chuck

I am not about to predict the cup returning to Edmonton, but damn that game was fun last night. First over-all pick Taylor Hall was put on a line with 2008 first rounder Jordan Eberle in both of their first NHL games. The speed and finesse of Hall was on display all night but it was Eberle who potted his first and second goals. Watching those two break out was giving folks flashbacks of a couple of wizz kids in the eighties. B| The team still has a long way to go but it will be entertaining to watch.

Those two kids will be superstars soon!

Those two kids will be superstars soon!

I just saw one of Eberle's goals on replay last night...sick moves! The kid has the knack. If he keeps his ability to score big goals like he did in Junior hockey he will do great things in the NHL.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Wings and Avalanche tonight.

Man, what a way to lose........six rounds in the shootout, and we couldn't even score once ?

Just how wide IS that crossbar ? >:(

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Wings and Avalanche tonight.

Man, what a way to lose........six rounds in the shootout, and we couldn't even score once ?

Just how wide IS that crossbar ? >:(

Don

I know what you mean! For one thing, I HATE the shoot-out! Let the two teams play 2-full (20-min.), over-time periods. If, after that, they are still tied, show it as such in the stats. Give each team a point for the tie. Leave the shoot-out to the skills game.
I know, they used to count the 'tie' but Buttman in his infinite wisdom wanted the shoot-out to quicken the time for each game and add excitement. For me, I've had all the excitement I can handle!

Chuck