grimmie

The Official '10/'11 NHL Thread

Lots of heat and controversy tonight in Mtl as the habs force a game 7! Go Habs Go!

What happened? I missed all but the final 4 minutes.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

well price stands on his head, refs are brutal and mtl forces 7th heaven.....good game to watch

worse missed call ever that should have been the first goal.

now lets hope the pens dont fuck it up tomorrow haha
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

Hawks get a short-handed goal with just over a minute left to tie it up and send it to OT.

Crawford has been terrific in net for the Hawks. He made a series of 3 saves in the third that was incredible.

Luongo has played great...better than I expected so he has risen to the occasion under tremendous pressure.

Who is going to to be the winner? Vancouver has been the better team but the Hawks still live.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Is anybody watching the Chicago vs Vancouver game??????? WOW!!!!!!!
Vancouver scores super early in the 1st, and it stays that way until 3 minutes and change left in the game, when the BHs score short handed!!! Man, what a game.

It is the break before overtime, can't wait to see more of this game!

I never thought I would say this (being a Sharks fan) but, Go Chicago!

Commence heckling.

Is it heckling or is it gloating? Not sure.

Kinda bummed that Vancouver won. Last year the Sharks took out Detroit in the second round and lost to Chicago in the third. Would have been cool if they could have taken out Chicago in the second and Detroit in the third this year.

Oh well. It's still going to be one hell of a second round. B|

Lots of heat and controversy tonight in Mtl as the habs force a game 7! Go Habs Go!

What happened? I missed all but the final 4 minutes.

Early in the first ref made a bad call when he couldn't see the puck but it was loose and Gionta scored... after the whistle so no goal, sure enough a few minutes later 5 on 3 montreal 1-0 and later on in the game they scored on another 2 man advantage.

Refs felt so bad after that bad call there was no way Boston was winning that game, Lucic getting the boot for that hit? common!

Another nail biter between the Habs and Bruins tonight as P.K. comes up with a great shot late in the 3rd to send this one into OT

Habs were trailing by 2 goals in the first, what a game... what a series as the Bruins showed more lack of sportsmanship, I bet Ference and Bergeron are gonna get an earful between the 3rd and OT

Anybody wanna make some bets???

I'm your huckleberry.........same as last year ?

This has been the best first round I can remember. Seems like the hitting has been more intense than in years past....not many cheap shots, just a lot of good hard play.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Unfortunately, I had to miss last night's games. Sounds like Boston - Montreal was a classic....7th game in OT...can't have a closer series than that.

Time for the Bruins to avenge lat year's choke against the Flyers! Go Bruins!
--
Murray

Anybody wanna make some bets???

I'm your huckleberry.........same as last year ?

This has been the best first round I can remember. Seems like the hitting has been more intense than in years past....not many cheap shots, just a lot of good hard play.

Don

Last year, the Wings faced the Sharks, tired and beat-up. This year, they're facing the Sharks well rested and about 99% healed-up. I don't know how good that is. Every time the Wings get a long rest period, they slog out on the ice and play like it's the first time any of them even saw ice. About like the way they start each season. I'm just hoping, they can hit the ice like their tails are on fire and they play the way they are capable of and give a full 60-minutes. GO WINGS!

Chuck

Hey, he wore his Sharks victory image.

This year though, none of that BS sig line "Bla bla bla I hate the Sharks bla bla only a bet bla bla"

Loser gets to wear the other teams logo for a month, and the sig line reads "I love the *city, team name*" and that is IT.
Frequent posting required, no disappearing.

:)This is gunna be good.

Not biting on that, you still haven't paid up.

I have NEVER welched on a bet.......and I have no idea what bet I lost to you (which doesn't say much for my memory). :$ Want to enlighten me ?

Don
It's a free-for-all."

Loser gets to wear the other teams logo for a month, and the sig line reads "I love the *city, team name*" and that is IT.

Jeez......that's harsh, and cruel, and a pretty lengthy penalty.......and I accept. I don't know you, but I like the way you think.......nothing finer than making your victim humiliate himself. :)
I'll PM you a nice shiny Red Wings logo.

Don
It's a free-for-all."

and I have no idea what bet I lost to you (which doesn't say much for my memory).

I know.

Want to enlighten me ?

No. It's more fun to watch you squirm.

I'll be sure to post some of the pictures the s/o gets at the game tomorrow night, just for you. ;)

Want to enlighten me ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. It's more fun to watch you squirm.

You're going to watch me "rip your head off and puke into your dead skull ! " if you don't tell me, dammit....been racking my brain all day and don't have a clue. [:/]

Tell your SO to get close-ups, so I can see the tears in the SJ fans' eyes.

Don
It's a free-for-all."

Pavelski needs to show a little respect to a goalie. Howard just pointed that out. I'm sure, Niemi would've done the same thing in that situation.
A 'snow shower' on a goalie is just a sign of dis-respect. Good for Howard for standing-up for himself.

Chuck