Ft. Benning pics from my nephew

My nephew is a rigger at Ft. Benning and attached to an Airborne group. He tries to make at least one jump per month. Turns out he's a pretty good photographer.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

I looked a a hundred or so of his pics today. Quite a few were scary looking. One guy landed right on his butt with legs straight out horizontal to the ground - he walked away. Lots of entanglements. I liked the series where the canopy went over the pickup truck; when it was all over, the truck was perfectly covered like a car cover had been put on. Another pic attached - reserve fire...

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

So that's a hand deploy reserve with a pilot chute ?
Things have changed since 30 years ago I guess.

I guess they have. The one hand deploy reserve ride i have (30+yrs ago) there was no p.c. just reach in and throw it in the directon of the spin.

These are some cool pics B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Reminds me of my first jumps in 2001. Not with the army, with a civil parachuting sports club here in town.
The canopy (3rd pic) is an RS 4/3c which is steerable (though it turns pretty slowly).
The rigs (2nd pic) were uncomfortable but at least we could sit in that old fashioned AN-2 (1st pic) ;-)
After 5 jumps with tough landings I decided to change to the dark side of skydiving (and hence to the other parachuting sports club I hadn't known before) and give "them dangerous square thingies" a try :P

The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks