DiverStump

I cant believe skydivers aren't being more supportive

If everyone on dropzone .come votes they will win!
Jamie & Drew, mediocre skydivers great people! They need all of the skydiver support they can get, because some whuffos are kickin their asses in a contest ( by 1000 votes so far). they need your help. Both of them are based at Lincoln Sport Parachute Club in Nebraska. She (slackerchic) has a previous thread about a wedding contest, but it is Round 2 NOW!, so time for a new posting. they could win a $20,000+ wedding from our local newspaper. All they need is you to vote, it takes a couple of min to register and only a couple of seconds to vote. So when your slacking at work or checking your email, please help them out.

http://journalstar.upickem.net/engine/Registration.aspx?contestid=32974

To vote, go to this site and click the register tab. Create a username, verify by email. Then go to the vote tab, and click vote under Bruce-Smith. Then click SAVE VOTE at the bottom of the page. Then you are done. You are able to vote everyday.

Some of you probably think this is stupid but it would help greatly to have support from our skydiving community and so we dont let no stinkin whuffo win :) If your still reading this and you don't care, I'm sorry but if they win I will get tons of free drinks at said wedding

Jamie and Drew thank you and so do I.
P.S. check out www.skydiveradio.com
If your not here you can't jump

I too am a mediocre skydiver. If all the mediocre jumpers here on dz.com would vote, it would be a shoe-in. The skygods can vote for this couple too if they want. They certainly seem deserving. They're going to get married anyway. The only question is: who pays for the wedding?

I don't think it's stupid at all, but I'm finding the us-and-them 'stinkin whuffo'-bashing in both threads kind of off-putting.

Can't we just vote for them because they're a nice, deserving couple?

+1

Also don't really appreciate someone telling me I should do something, and then telling me I'm a poo-poo-head for not doing it.

I voted, but the tone of the request is/was irritating. Just sayin'.
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I don't think it's stupid at all, but I'm finding the us-and-them 'stinkin whuffo'-bashing in both threads kind of off-putting.

+1

Also don't really appreciate someone telling me I should do something, and then telling me I'm a poo-poo-head for not doing it.

I voted, but the tone of the request is/was irritating. Just sayin'.

I was going to say annoying but irritating will do nicely. Other than that you are dead on.

The only question is: who pays for the wedding?

it will be nice if they win, but... i paid for my wedding, kept it small... just family and a few skydivers in the plane. so, they can do the same. just sayin.

It was not ment to be off-putting, I was just trying to get support from skydivers. And thought a little spark to light the fire would draw more interest than just saying, go do this.
Vote or not is up to you, just asking for support from fellow jumpers :)

I paid for my wedding too. but all these flower shops, tux rental, limo services are getting advertisement for sponsoring the contest, the sponsors of the contest are giving it away even if Jamie and Drew don't win.

I paid for my skydiving gear, so does that mean nobody should win some kick ass gear at a boogie?

Just saying

I was trying to be funny. "mediocre skydivers great people." Also I never toldanyone to go vote I asked please go vote. And I never called anyone a poo head for not doing it. I agree registaring may put some spam in ur e mail. if you dont want to vote thats fine. I love wuffos most of my Family are wuffos. most pilots I know are wuffos. But They ARE nice, great deserving people and SKYDIVERS to boot. Nothing like a little competition.