shah269

She's a collector?

There are 15 dudes as her friends and she has two girl friends.
Any time we go out it's me her and 15 dudes.
She collects dudes.
What more do you want?

So she brings her own platoon of cock-blockers?:S

Bwahahahahaha...ok there went a kbd. :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Yeah, and then they wonder why they are not in a stable long term relationship.

Well, I've never had that happen, but if it did, I wouldn't waste any more time there.:S
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, I've never had that happen, but if it did, I wouldn't waste any more time there.:S

What if she were one of your friends and every time she invited you out to an event.....aka she had a date...you were dude #8.

I told my friend no. She's pissed as hell that I call her a collector but I think it's rude to her date.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

well, here's the thing. For me, I find my friends among those who share similar interests, or among those whom I am around most of the time.

I was in the military.

I skydive.

I play poker.

I play video games.

I follow baseball and football.

Sense a pattern here? That's right, mostly guys or "guy things". So most of my friends are guys. My best friend is a guy. I'm also happily married to one of those guys.

Things I'm NOT interested in are:

Shopping, makeup, TV, children (mine, yours, or anyone else's), beauty, children, children children. See, the trouble I'm finding with women my age and befriending them is that all most of them ever want to talk about is their kids, why i don't have kids, other people's kids, etc. If that makes me as stereotypical as Shah, so be it...it's my experience.

I have never been "girly", i've always been a tomboy. When the other girls were at the mall, I was over at my neighbor's house building things. So why would I force myself to befriend people with whom I have nothing in common? Gender doesn't really matter. I do have a couple of female friends who happen to be interested in similar things. They are like me, though, and also have a lot of guy friends.

I really had no idea of the perception Shah is talking about, though. And the fact that many of you agree is just as surprising. I guess my head has been in the sand. Or perhaps I'm secure enough in myself and my choices that perceptions don't faze me?
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

I grew up with 2 brothers and hung out with them and their friends. I'm comfortable with males, they're my buddies. As one male friend told me, "you're like a guy, but with a vagina". What's the big deal?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

>Yeah but if she has say 15 "close" guy friends and 2 female friends.....it's a little odd.

If she's a surgeon, competitive RW jumper or Alaskan bush pilot - not so odd at all. Indeed, if she put equal effort into making friends with both sexes that's what I would expect.

>Yeah but if she has say 15 "close" guy friends and 2 female friends.....it's a little odd.

If she's a surgeon, competitive RW jumper or Alaskan bush pilot - not so odd at all. Indeed, if she put equal effort into making friends with both sexes that's what I would expect.

Yes but let's not spin this.
Most girls are neither of those things.

However this may be an odd data set. After all how many girls are in skydiving? 5 girl for 100 guys +/-

So if you are a girl in this sport and most of your friends are in this sport than well yeah I guess 15 dudes and one girl friend sound about right?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

As one male friend told me, "you're like a guy, but with a vagina". What's the big deal?

He didn't mention the boobies???:o
Must have been gay.:|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

What if she were one of your friends and every time she invited you out to an event.....aka she had a date...you were dude #8.

I told my friend no. She's pissed as hell that I call her a collector but I think it's rude to her date.

Well instead of giving her a name, you should have just told her that you thought it was rude towards her date. ;) That in and of itself is a very fair thing. When people first start dating there shouldn't be that much excess baggage hanging around all the time....:D Ok, with the exception if you are going out on group outings with friends.

I am willing to bet had you not "labeled her" and just told her that you thought it was rude it may have played out differently.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Lable? As in calling her a "collector"
That came second. First was the *shah looks around* "Darling, why is it every time we go out it's me, 15 dudes, and your date....this is a bit odd. I don't like it."
A few days later it hit me....she's a collector.

To make it easy, let's call it 10-1
10 guy friends per every girl friend.

To make it easy, let's call it 10-1
10 guy friends per every girl friend.

I don't know, shah. It's starting to sound like, whoever this woman is, you're just pissed off because she hangs out with lots of dudes and you're not getting laid. Stop hanging out with her.

I'm done here. :ph34r:

He didn't mention the boobies???

I have an athletic build. My boobies are unremarkable. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

He didn't mention the boobies???

I have an athletic build. My boobies are unremarkable. :ph34r:

We'll be the judge of that.

Everyone in unison now, [chanting]Pic-tures! Pic-tures! Pic-tures![/chanting];)
What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

I've been on dates with girls who after dinner we go out and she asks if she can invite friends...i say sure and here come the cocks.

We've gotta start going on double dates. I love it when I go on a date and all of a sudden, here come the cocks.

I've been on dates with girls who after dinner we go out and she asks if she can invite friends...i say sure and here come the cocks.

That totally means you're not getting laid, fer sher. I'd be outta there too. :D

You know how this reads? It reads like you are pissed that womens world doesn't revolve around you. Sorry dude but this whole thread reads like an insecure girly thread[:/]

I really used to think that you were a wind-up artist and deliberately bated the chicks on here (and did a masterful job of it). Stop obsessing over gender and start having fun.

If you must have the attention of women get your tandem rating and pull your passengers:P. Otherwise just go gay - I think you'll find less to bitch about:S
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

>However this may be an odd data set. After all how many girls are in skydiving? 5 girl
>for 100 guys . . .

Here it's closer to 25 for every 100 guys, but that may be a southern california thing.

>So if you are a girl in this sport and most of your friends are in this sport than well >yeah I guess 15 dudes and one girl friend sound about right?

Uh, sure. Again, I don't think there's any "right" or "wrong" number. I probably have about an equal number of skydiving friends who are men vs women, but that's likely because I do video for an all-woman's 8 way team, we tend to hang out with other couples etc.

You realize you responded to JohnMitchell, right?:D

Sure - If JM goes gay it leaves his other half available and you are complaining?

Rub a lamp, buddy, and keep wishin'. No way am I goin' gay with Vskydiver by my side. :P

BTW, I already HAVE a tandem rating and the chicks still aren't impressed. :D