shermanator

who's going to cancel netflix?

I'm currently on the $20 rate, so mine will only go up to $24. This doesn't seem like a big deal to me. However, I rarely use the "instant" watch, so I'll probably cancel that part and end up paying less.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Netflix is separating their streaming from their movie rental completely. Instead of $10, it will be more like $16.

Who's going to cancel their service?

Not me.

They dropped my price from $64.99 to $60.98 and if I was on one of their lower priced plans it would still be piles cheaper than the cable/satellite package I'd need to replace it with to have something worth watching waiting for me when I wanted.

I'm a 1 blu-ray/dvd with streaming subscriber paying $11.99 a month. Really, I've grown impatient waiting for the movies in mail. So I cancelled the mail service and kept the streaming service. They pretty much lost me to Redbox, love paying $1.

Mike

While I am somewhat annoyed at the increase. NetFlix and Hulu Plus is still under $30 a month total so far less than satellite/cable.

I may drop their streaming as I haven't been watching it lately. All the really good stuff still seems to be DVD/BluRay.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

nope... just back it down to streaming only... if the selection gets to the point I'm not watching it then will see...

I see new releases in the theater if I'm interested, so if it wasnt interesting enough to see in the theater I dont care when it reaches DVD. Other than that I use it to watch TV shows long past their original air times. it gets annoying when I 'catch up' but atm I have other series to watch while I wait for the next season to appear.

I don't know...I may.
My problem is the quality of movies they have for streaming. It's as if they asked the worst movie nerd ont he planet what they wanted and well that's what they have!
It's as if they looked the best of the worst of the 80's and said "Here you go!"
Though I have to admit what they lack in main stream movies they make up in independent films.
So I don't know. Maybe.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I'm currently on the $9.99 one DVD plus unlimited streaming plan. I'll probably just drop instant streaming and go with the $7.99 one DVD plan. It'll have the best selection and ration how many movies I watch.

Streaming has been pretty good to me though, I know I've seen a lot of good/classic movies and TV shows that I wouldn't have otherwise seen because they were instantly available. And, I've got nothing to lose if I don't like the movie and don't watch the whole thing.

So, I've got about two months to make up my mind.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

They dropped my price from $64.99 to $60.98 . . .

I didn't know they had any rates that high. What all does that include???

8 DVDs or Bluray discs out at once plus streaming.

8 discs means that we almost always have something good on hand that we'd want to watch -

- A few decent TV shows on disc like House, M.D. which don't take much attention and are fine for half an hour before bed-time

- Longer movies for when we have a couple hours over the weekend with recent highlights including _Taxi Driver_ and _The Forbidden Planet_.

- Things I want to watch which my wife doesn't, like _The West Wing_ which reminds her too much of the real world.

- Films which my wife has enough estrogen to enjoy.

Streaming takes care of us when that's not enough.

Current queue lengths are 466 for discs and 311 for streaming.

I did.

I also cancelled Hulu+ when they had shows to watch only for Hulu+ and when I signed up they took it off air. Their ads are also becoming more pervasive, don't tease me for two years and then change your attitude Hulu, I don't take your shit.

I have like 40 books I need to read anyways....

---------------------------------------------
As jy dom is moet jy bloei!

We quit Netflix several months ago. Wasn't renting enough movies to make the monthly fee worthwhile.

Have been using Redbox. Its only a dollar a night. If you know you want to watch a movie that night, rent it and watch it, then drop it off the next day. Easy as pie.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Funny, two days ago, I was thinking of dropping Netflix. Now I'm thinking about increasing my service. After looking at alternatives, looking at the various plans Netflix offers, and reading your post, I'm thinking... well, if we're going to pay $16 for one dvd plus streaming, it's not that much more to pay $20 for two dvd's plus streaming. Most of the tv shows I'd like to watch (Californication, Breaking Bad) only seem to be on dvd, so I never get them because I'd rather get a movie. But if I could just have the tv show disc here to watch when I feel like it, that would be much better.

Hmm, was this part of their sneaky plan?

First, I'm not a NetFlix subscriber. Second, check out the numbers.

-NetFlix had an estimated 23,000,000 subscribers. At $10 per subscriber they were earning $230,000,000 per month.

-NetFlix estimates 30,000 will unsubscribe leaving an estimated 22,970,000 subscribers. At $16 per subscriber they will be earning $367,520,000 per month.

-That's a difference of $137,520,000 per month ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Netflix is separating their streaming from their movie rental completely. Instead of $10, it will be more like $16.

Who's going to cancel their service?

Can't cancel what i don't have.

Whats netflix:|

$10 to $16/yr :S The gov't says there's no inflation Thats a significant price increase. Like 60%:)
I'm old etc.

We got a thread going in the histoy and trivia forum "Who remembers their free lottery number" if you remember yours check it out.B|

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

$10 to $16/yr

I want that plan. Can you give me more information please?

Sure I can:)

Plesse get a money order for $45 I'll send one of my people to pick it up at yoour HOUSE to deposit in my acct in nigeria.

This is a limited one time offer just for you. Especially if your a spelling grammer nazi:)
So what is net flicks?
One Jump Wonder

I already did. And I got Amazon Prime and a Roku box. Thanks AggieDave and Eener for the suggestions.

Hi R

Sound like I don't need to figure out what net flix is since it sooo retro.:)
Can you PM me or direct me to the info you got from Aggie Dave and Eener on the latest and the greatest: Roku box, and Amazon prime. the start up costs to buy the box's and annaul/monthly costs involved.:)
R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

Can you PM me or direct me to the info you got from Aggie Dave and Eener on the latest and the greatest: Roku box, and Amazon prime. the start up costs to buy the box's and annaul/monthly costs involved.

It's not too far down the page, another thread started by Shotgun.

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4149731
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Blame it on the big 6 studios, their last deal was 25 million per year and the latest deal jumped to 300 million so Netflix had to separate business to protect the other side if this new pricing kills it.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."