Hair drug tests

I am having a pre-employment hair drug test for an awesome job. However, I used some drugs in the week after my father's death a couple months ago (no drugs since or planned in the future) so I don't see how I can pass the test. Anyone here have any luck with passing the test? Shampoos, etc?
Looks like a death sandwich without the bread - Steve Deadman Morrell, BASE 174

1/2 inch on my head but I am balding so hair growth is really, really slow. I've already removed all body hair and I'm trying to get the offer set off by 3 weeks while growing a beard.

I think people go bald because hair dies/falls out more quickly than before, not because it grows slowly. Maybe it does also grow more slowly, but just saying...
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Before my last hair drug test I heard they can only test the most recent 90 days (the part closest to your head). I hadn't used in a long time but also had REALLY long hair, surely some of that length dated back to my college days (at the time). I came through clean.

Elvisio "and now keeping it that way" Rodriguez

I am having a pre-employment hair drug test for an awesome job. However, I used some drugs in the week after my father's death a couple months ago (no drugs since or planned in the future) so I don't see how I can pass the test. Anyone here have any luck with passing the test? Shampoos, etc?

http://www.ipassedmydrugtest.com/hair_drug_test_FAQ.aspPretty sad this is what it's come to. You wanna take a puff in the evening to unwind and relax after a hard days work and it could cost your job and freedom. Let's get drunk instead. Yeah, that's the ticket.
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

1/2 inch on my head but I am balding so hair growth is really, really slow. I've already removed all body hair and I'm trying to get the offer set off by 3 weeks while growing a beard.

All body hair? Hmm, manscaping taken to extremes :$;)

Does body hair grow at the same rate as head hair? Can it even be used for this purpose?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

That old "drug test" excuse. Really, they just want a hair so they can use it in Polyjuice potion, turn into a look-alike of you, and sleep with your wife. OK, I admit, I like Harry Potter fiction :$

And I don't use drugs, so if you send me a stamped envelope, I will send you some hair. You can shave your head and make a wig. Or you can shave your entire body, and tell them they'll have to pluck the hairs from your nose. You'll need an anal bleach, too (ouch).

Seriously, I have no idea how to handle that. But it sounds like it was long enough ago that it shouldn't be a problem? If it was me, I would tell them I'll give them a hair sample when they let me hold the CEO's weenie while he pees into a cup. I haven't met a CEO yet that didn't snort a little coke now and then.

Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

man, what is strange is that indiscretion of drug use after my father's death may prevent me from a high level science job (no clearance issues, national security issues, dangerous work, etc.). my gosh, why would people be scrutinized to this level, especially for doctoral level scientists? i was laid off many months ago after taking so much time off to deal the parental health problems. poo... I'm nearly hairless now, looking to take some super testron male supplements to promote body hair growth, and wait.

Hi 460

Sorry to hear about your parents.[:/]

Have you considered taking a sample of your hair to a lab and paying for a test yourself. your money, your test, hippa :ph34r:

If it comes back clean than maybe your good to go for the real one. Do some research on that one.

OTOH if the test comes back dirty cut off the head or hair, or try the slick willy line. I didn't inhale or incidental contact.

If your that good and the results are below reliable detection limits who knows what they will decide.

It's hard to find a virgin these days, could you send in a different head for the test?

R.I.P.

One Jump Wonder

I took one a few months ago for GM They check off where the hair came from . Head ,arm pit , other etc. So shaving might only postpone your test and your career. Go for it and hope for the best. Ican talk to the people at the clinic about it but not until Monday. Good luck

And I don't use drugs, so if you send me a stamped envelope, I will send you some hair.

Now this hair won't be bright blue, will it?:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

And I don't use drugs, so if you send me a stamped envelope, I will send you some hair.

Now this hair won't be bright blue, will it?:D

I can confirm at this time the hair on his head is that of a natural color :D. I had the honor of meeting up with him for dinner last weekend ;)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Total manscaping time....say its a fashion statement

RID.

It's a product to kill head and pubic lice.

It will be the only thing they can detect. I heard about this years ago, but never needed to try it, so take this advice with a grain of salt.

OR maybe google "beating a hair drug test"... you may have other options ;)

I don't want to make all the decisions because if I screw up, then I can't blame it on you...

I've googled "beat a hair test" and everything that is sold is an overpriced strong shampoo. Reviews indicate that most people fail their test using these shampoos, particularly with the pschemedics hair test.

That test is so sensitive that even handling an illegal drug without properly ingesting the substance can cause a positive test result. For example, cops have failed the test for coke since they have to handle bags of coke often.

I've removed most of the hair on my body and I've cut my nails down. I'm going to tell the nurse that my gay lovers prefer me to be hairless and sexual orientiation should not be a reason for disqualification from the job.

I'm growing a beard in the meantime since it grows rapidly. So does my chest hair so their may be hope.

I've even looked at how the hair test is done on a chemical level. A DMSO wash followed by a methanol wash might be able to clean the hair but it would take many hours, along with the harmful exposure to hazardous solvents. The chemicals (at the lab for the hair) now used to extract the substances from the hair cause 3rd degree burns.

It's interesting that at least one state, Iowa, has made pre-employment hair tests illegal. And the federal government also has some laws regarding discrimination related to pre-employment hair tests.

What sucks is that I could have used drugs legally in some other country months before a job offer. It seems to me that a urine test should be done for pre-employment. I can easily avoid drugs from here on.

That test is so sensitive that even handling an illegal drug without properly ingesting the substance can cause a positive test result. For example, cops have failed the test for coke since they have to handle bags of coke often.

I call B.S. on that. Your hair follicles need to respond to something that's in your bloodstream, which means you snorted it, ingested it , or shot it up.

OK, I'm sure there has never been a police officer that has ever used cocaine. Saying that you were "handling" the drug is a really lame excuse, and probably an easy pass in the "good ol' boy" network of LEOs.

Now this hair won't be bright blue, will it?

Geez, you dye your hair blue eight or nine times, dye your hair red five or six times, bleach your hair ten or twelve times, spanning the course of several years, and you're stigmatized forever :P

lol.

I miss my blue hair. Even the red hair was fun.

Now this hair won't be bright blue, will it?

Geez, you dye your hair blue eight or nine times, dye your hair red five or six times, bleach your hair ten or twelve times, spanning the course of several years, and you're stigmatized forever :P

lol.

I miss my blue hair. Even the red hair was fun.

Admit. You just liked the chicks it attracted.B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

While there is a certain logic to posing this question in a skydivers' website, there's no substitute for more traditional research methods - as some of the more speculative posts in this thread demonstrate. Like books, or scientific studies. This might get you started:

http://books.google.com/books?id=IBBq180lUEAC&pg=PA305#v=onepage&q&f=false

I call B.S. on that. Your hair follicles need to respond to something that's in your bloodstream, which means you snorted it, ingested it , or shot it up.

OK, I'm sure there has never been a police officer that has ever used cocaine. Saying that you were "handling" the drug is a really lame excuse, and probably an easy pass in the "good ol' boy" network of LEOs.

As an example, an old drug dealer friend failed his drug test even though he doesn't do drugs. Just handling coke caused him to fail the psychemedics test.

As an example, an old drug dealer friend failed his drug test even though he doesn't do drugs. Just handling coke caused him to fail the psychemedics test.

It's a safe bet that most prospective employers don't want to hire active drug dealers.

It's a safe bet that most prospective employers don't want to hire active drug dealers.

Then you have places like CVS, Walgreens, Walmart... all hiring active drug dealers!:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message