Skyper

Jumping with a cat

On the other hand, it does seems pretty cruel.

Yeah man that's just not right. [:/]
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

only time i think i have agreed with you, not at all cool :|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Seriously. and nothing to protect its eyes either. The cat must have been terrified.
That guy is a douche-bag

+1
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

...The cat seems more or less alright on the ride up, but as soon as they open the door the look on his face is priceless.

Kind of similar to the response by humans in the same situation.

The humans chose to be there, though.
__

My mighty steed

This is completely wrong!

First, the cat is supposed to be tossed out first, then the jumpers chase it.

Second, I'm pretty sure it is cheating to cover the cat's paws ...takes the sport out of it.

Agreed.
The Georgia Cat Chasing Championships was the definitive competition.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Second, I'm pretty sure it is cheating to cover the cat's paws ...takes the sport out of it.

Agreed.

Somebody's gotta say it! :D

I have that book hiding in my stuff somewhere, unfortunately it's all packed up on a moving van and AS WE SPEAK is probably somewhere in Arkansas or Texas.

Somebody else HAS to have the story, scan it in and post it!

Elvisio "back when I HAD to have EVERYTHING in Paragear" Rodriguez

I have that book hiding in my stuff somewhere, unfortunately it's all packed up on a moving van and AS WE SPEAK is probably somewhere in Arkansas or Texas.

Somebody else HAS to have the story, scan it in and post it!

Elvisio "back when I HAD to have EVERYTHING in Paragear" Rodriguez

I have the scans, but the damned thing is copyrighted, and last I checked, the author was not OK with having it posted online.

Edited to add:
Waddaya know!
http://books.google.com/books?id=uK5er9X9jXkC&pg=PA324&lpg=PA324&dq=somebody's+gotta+say+it+chasing+cats&source=bl&ots=2l19L7sPbv&sig=TdXIe5sFpqsTG8w-87QoEqUd8MM&hl=en&ei=TMwlTvvIHIWNsQKqwLHwCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=somebody's%20gotta%20say%20it%20chasing%20cats&f=false
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I agree with the second, but not the first. It doesn't cat as a cat-tandem, unless you give the cat a fighting chance.

Also, why are there so many people that think this is mean? Every time someone posts a dog-tandem video, everyone thinks it's cool. Who's to say that the dog likes it and the cat doesn't? Now personally, I don't think people should take unwilling participants of any species, but that's just me. I'm more interested in the cats-vs-dogs arguments.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Who's to say that the dog likes it and the cat doesn't?

I just don't think a cat would dig it. To my knowledge I've never met a cat that wanted to skydive.
I've met dogs that liked eating their own faeces though.

If cats wanted to jump they would be BASEing it anyway, at night.

I agree with the second, but not the first. It doesn't cat as a cat-tandem, unless you give the cat a fighting chance.

Also, why are there so many people that think this is mean? Every time someone posts a dog-tandem video, everyone thinks it's cool. Who's to say that the dog likes it and the cat doesn't? Now personally, I don't think people should take unwilling participants of any species, but that's just me. I'm more interested in the cats-vs-dogs arguments.

You don't have to agree or disagree. Those are the rules ....I didn't write them.

BTW - I heard the recording of the radio broadcast played over the PA system at Zhills in the early 90s. I'd love to get a copy somehow. The "event announcer" and the sound effects were hilarious.:D

I just don't think a cat would dig it. To my knowledge I've never met a cat that wanted to skydive.

I don't know about the skydiving, but I used to own a cat that loved to go motorcyling. She'd sit in my jacket and stick her head out, relaxed as could be. B| When she saw us preparing the bike, she'd jump up on the seat and get excited. I'm pretty sure that if she didn't like it, she'd have been nowhere to be seen. :P
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Agreed.

Does it count if you're the first skydiver that gets caught by the cat? It's not a pretty thought!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

I don't know about the skydiving, but I used to own a cat that loved to go motorcyling. She'd sit in my jacket and stick her head out, relaxed as could be. B| When she saw us preparing the bike, she'd jump up on the seat and get excited. I'm pretty sure that if she didn't like it, she'd have been nowhere to be seen. :P

The cat had you fooled into thinking that...

Agreed.

I've heard that cats will actually get stable, feet-down in freefall. Guess a tail really does help them land on their feet.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!