k-dubjumps

The Indestructibles on Nat Geo

Just watched an episode where they investigate Michael Holmes of New Zealand surviving a double mal. They did a really good job of demonstrating why a PLF (referred to as a 5 point landing) is so effective, but not sure it was necessary to show Jan Davis' fatal BASE jump from El Cap. I clearly remember my dad telling me about her fatality many years ago :(. The show will be investigating another skydiver surviving a mal followed by landing in power wires next week.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/indestructibles/7003/Overview#tab-Overview
Adrenaline is my crack

DPH #3
D.S. #16 FAG #12 Muff Brother #4406

but not sure it was necessary to show Jan Davis' fatal BASE jump from El Cap.

<<>> I know ! I know ! For the same reason they advertised the show as "surviving a 15000 ft freefall".

Glad Michael survived. And that looks like a beautiful place to jump.

Don
"When in doubt I whip it out,
I got me a rock-and-roll band.
It's a free-for-all."

Just watched an episode where they investigate Michael Holmes of New Zealand surviving a double mal. They did a really good job of demonstrating why a PLF (referred to as a 5 point landing) is so effective, but not sure it was necessary to show Jan Davis' fatal BASE jump from El Cap.

I was glad to see he was all right in the end. But I thought it was a terrible show, They said both his reserve lines and main lines were tangled while still in the container and the jump was doomed from the start. I don't think you can PLF at 60MPH under a spinning canopy and what was up with the guy with the jacket in the tunnel trying to simulate being under two wrapped canopies?

Every time I hear that a skydiver survived a 15,000 ft freefall, I just laugh.

There was no reason to show the base fatality

Just watched an episode where they investigate Michael Holmes of New Zealand surviving a double mal. They did a really good job of demonstrating why a PLF (referred to as a 5 point landing) is so effective, but not sure it was necessary to show Jan Davis' fatal BASE jump from El Cap.

I was glad to see he was all right in the end. But I thought it was a terrible show, They said both his reserve lines and main lines were tangled while still in the container and the jump was doomed from the start. I don't think you can P at 60MPH under a spinning canopy and what was up with the guy with the jacket in the tunnel trying to simulate being under two wrapped canopies?

I turned it off because it was that bad.

I was glad to see he was all right in the end. But I thought it was a terrible show, They said both his reserve lines and main lines were tangled while still in the container and the jump was doomed from the start. I don't think you can P at 60MPH under a spinning canopy and what was up with the guy with the jacket in the tunnel trying to simulate being under two wrapped canopies?

I turned it off because it was that bad.

+1:S Very poor show at least what I watched. I switched back and forth hoping it would get better but the tunnel was stupid and there was no need to show Jan going in.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Wow that was one very lame show!

WTF were they talking about from the moment go?
Lines twisted up? Hu? What? (can any one tell the noob what went wrong there other than one hell of an EPIC line over?0

Jacket in a tunnel? WTF?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Lines twisted up? Hu? What? (can any one tell the noob what went wrong there other than one hell of an EPIC line over?

His main lines got snagged on his container and he was unable to cutaway completely. It went downhill from there.

It happened back in 2006, here is the incidents thread about it http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2569712#2569712

Just watched an episode where they investigate Michael Holmes of New Zealand surviving a double mal. They did a really good job of demonstrating why a PLF (referred to as a 5 point landing) is so effective, but not sure it was necessary to show Jan Davis' fatal BASE jump from El Cap. I clearly remember my dad telling me about her fatality many years ago :(. The show will be investigating another skydiver surviving a mal followed by landing in power wires next week.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/indestructibles/7003/Overview#tab-Overview

Gratuitous pain and death is why, it is TV and the masses want their entertainment.

They would watch babies being skinned if the TV had that on.[:/]

Before a news skydiver can skydive solo, they must complete 10 to 15 tandem jumps with an instructor. Some student may require many more.

Read more: http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/indestructibles/7003/Overview#tab-facts#ixzz1SW3R1ynu

aye rite
Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again