Remster

Le Tour 2011

And what about that stupid spectator....

Bonus points should be awarded for taking out spectators that get in the road.
Also a colored jersey for the rider who has bagged the most spectators.

An excellent example of how to take out a spectator w/o crashing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK3LqhnUnj8B|
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Talk about an eventful first day! One of the favorite has really to push hard now...

Massive result. Hopefully it could mean we'll see some big attacks early on in the mountains to regain the time/pile on the pressure, not the constant shadow boxing of last year.

Puts huge pressure on the TTT for that team tomorrow as well! (Not sure which of the big GC teams are stronger?)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The team TT is pretty short... I dont expect a lot of time differences between Leopard, Saxo, Shack, and BMC... But yeah, the race is already very different. It'll be 3 weeks of aggression I think! All those EPO vials would have been useful! lol
Remster

run him into the barriers on a decent.

I dont know what you are talking about... The only event I saw was when he did a light headbutt on a rider (I think Thor) on the run up to the mid stage sprint to stay behind the wheel of the guy in front..

If you gonna be stupid, better not get caught on camera.
Remster

run him into the barriers on a decent.

I dont know what you are talking about... The only event I saw was when he did a light headbutt on a rider (I think Thor) on the run up to the mid stage sprint to stay behind the wheel of the guy in front..

If you gonna be stupid, better not get caught on camera.

Ah...I didn't see that one. The only thing I saw was when he got separated from his team on a decent and another rider started squeezing him toward a barrier on the side of the road. He leaned over on the other rider, but there was no head but.

YEah. It definitely was the mini head butt. Both cav and Thor lost their sprint points for the mid point sprint for yesterday.

Today was nice finish... Gotta love to see a fat guy (ok, maybe not fat, but Spartacus isnt small either lol) lead out for his team on a climb for a while...
Remster

Today was nice finish... Gotta love to see a fat guy (ok, maybe not fat, but Spartacus isnt small either lol) lead out for his team on a climb for a while...

Fat lad performance of the day definitely goes to Thor. You could see how much the finish was hurting Contador and Evans, so god only knows how Hushovd managed to carry an extra 15 or 20 kilos up there and finish in the same time! I guess it's not often in a career you get the chance to wear a yellow jersey with rainbow stripes on it, maybe it's a bit of a motivator:P

YEah. It definitely was the mini head butt. Both cav and Thor lost their sprint points for the mid point sprint for yesterday.

He weighs the same as me.>:(
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Another active day so far. Crashes galore, more intermediate sprint controversy, Garmin-Cervelo pushing a huge pace on the front (those boys'll be knackered come the mountains) and heavy crosswinds expected when they hit the coast.

Could see more time splits.

Breaking news: Contador has been disqualified for Le Tour due to the use of illegal equipment this morning. As he lined up for the start of the stage today, the Saxo team mechanics had added some illegal parts to his bike following the issues he had yesterday: Photos here
Remster

Dauphine winner Brad Wiggins out with a broken collar bone:(

As a brit, absolutely gutted. He's the first podium contender we've had for about 25 years and a great GC result (to add to Cav's stage wins and Team Sky's presence) would have been a huge boost for the profile of road cycling in the UK.

That was a tough tough stage for both Sky And the Shack... Wow... Shame to lose both riders on the same crash... The interview of Horner as he was carted away at the finish was pretty scary.

But today, again, that fat Norwegian did pretty damm good! Tomorrow has something like 8 rated climbs... That might be it (tho it should have been it a couple days ago already, so you never know!)
Remster

Agree, awesome job from Thor yesterday, especially with the speed the GC guys were pushing up the final climb.

And today, yet more carnage! Some nasty injuries early on, and that crash with the press car ploughing into the breakaway was one of the most outrageous things I've ever seen. What on earth did the driver think he was doing?:S Hoogerland was in pieces on the KoM podium, poor guy's won the jersey but with his injuries he might not get the chance to actually ride with it.