shah269

Ever want to just shoot your IT guys in the eye?

However the fucking idiots...I mean Board of Directors for the company I work for decided it would be just peachy to shitcan all the IT people and sousource to India. I personally cant wait to hear about how Rajnesh from Delhi is going to help Billy Bob from BFE in Lousiana.

My previous employer outsourced the hell out of everything starting in 2000 and it worked out *great* for them: Sun Microsystems. Oh, wait, bad example.:$
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Local, it's a weather thing. When it rains the servers go down. It's cool.

Oh, well, then obviously it's your IT guys fault that they can't fucking control the weather.

And nah I went into google and tried to get rid of the filter but....nah no go.

Wouldn't be a very useful filter if an engineer could figure his way out of it, would it?

IT guys are like Cops.
You know you need them but you can't help but get pissed at them from time to time.

"You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!";)

The filters aren't the IT guy's idea 90% of the time. They come from the head shed who wants to know why they can't get on the video teleconference and the IT guy has to tell them its because 90% of the traffic is going to youtube and facebook.

Howabout you just give them a fucking break and let them figure out/fix the issue? I'm sorry you can't get your emails from adultfriendfinder or your craigslist ad searching for the perfect woman, perhaps you should invest in a smart phone and have your emails sent there instead?

I have a bit over 10 years in the industry, I've done everything from being the user, network admin, systems admin, software engineer, VOIP tech, cable dog, satellite systems team chief and now am a transmissions engineer for the DoD. I can honestly tell you, almost every single IT guy/girl I've ever worked with has wanted to keep their services up. Nothing fucks our day up faster than having the phone ring off the hook asking if the servers are down.

You probably don't even think to talk to the IT guys unless there is something broken. Guess what? It's a thankless job, nobody has ever come up to me and said "Hey, the services have been 100% for the past 3 months with no unscheduled downtime, great job ski!" but I can't fucking count how many times I've heard "Is the shot down?? fix it now!"

I suspect you have no fucking clue what goes on at the other end of that wire, and how much work is involved in keeping a system running. Ask any IT guy, it's not all fun and games when your company reputation is on the line, and it's much worse when I know that if I don't have the services at 100%, my friends could DIE. Shit breaks, nothing we can do about that other than try to prevent it and plan a redundancy.

Get the fuck over yourself, you're not gods gift to anything, and you don't need to treat everyone that isn't what you want them to be like shit, saying they smell and talking about the food they eat.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

yeah yeah yeah....so can i have my ability to search for usleless crap back!

and duuuhhh! you think engineers ever get thanked for what they do? nope!
No thank you, not here is an nexta bit of cash. Nope. Nada.

Yeah it sucks but what are you going to do? Google "bitches be crazy"

Wait you can't!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

yeah yeah yeah....so can i have my ability to search for usleless crap back!

and duuuhhh! you think engineers ever get thanked for what they do? nope!
No thank you, not here is an nexta bit of cash. Nope. Nada.

Yeah it sucks but what are you going to do? Google "bitches be crazy"

Wait you can't!

I can. ;)

You're not being productive if you're searching for useless crap, so why would I allow it. If I were YOUR admin, I would restrict YOU to sites that are only directly involved in your work.

The company internet isn't there for you to use for personal reasons, it's for official use... It's no different than using your office copy machine for a personal project. They can restrict and limit how they please, and for whatever reason they want.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Bla bla bla bla.....I would google some dumb picture but i can't.....darn it!
Wait, i forogot IT guys like Futurama!
http://g.mycommentspace.com/msgfx/221/22113.jpg
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

Are you the only one having email issues or is it global?

Local, it's a weather thing. When it rains the servers go down. It's cool.
And nah I went into google and tried to get rid of the filter but....nah no go.
Such is life. Got to do what you got to do.
But it's allso good to vent a little.
IT guys are like Cops.
You know you need them but you can't help but get pissed at them from time to time.

That's the URL filter disallowing a change to the safe search. It's set that way from the factory. The email servers aren't going down either. For whatever reason, the connection to them is. That does not mean the servers are down, they’re just not reachable. T o you they are down, the rest of the people using that email service, it’s working fine.

I'm not like a cop but some things I'm not allowed to bypass.

I can't fix a problem when it's not mine either. If the connection goes down due to weather, it's generally up to the ISP to sort it out.

Your relationship with the IT folks may suck or they really do think they’re hot shit. You may also consider that looking up crazy bitches so you can post it on a website is wasting valuable company time, and searching for naked skinny girls is also wasting company time. That’s the reason the URL filter is left as is. :)
Good luck and remember to flare at the correct altitude.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

However the fucking idiots...I mean Board of Directors for the company I work for decided it would be just peachy to shitcan all the IT people and sousource to India. I personally cant wait to hear about how Rajnesh from Delhi is going to help Billy Bob from BFE in Lousiana.

My previous employer outsourced the hell out of everything starting in 2000 and it worked out *great* for them: Sun Microsystems. Oh, wait, bad example.:$

Yeah.... try using the followon to SunSolve.... My Oracle BLOWS HUGE CHUNKS:S:S:S

If I were YOUR admin, I would restrict YOU to sites that are only directly involved in your work.

If I was his admin, I would set up a URL redirector, so no matter where he tried to go, it would send him to a BBW site.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

If I were YOUR admin, I would restrict YOU to sites that are only directly involved in your work.

If I was his admin, I would set up a URL redirector, so no matter where he tried to go, it would send him to a BBW site.:P

ykiokbinmk
Remster

ykiokbinmk

Don't worry, Remi; I'm sure there will some latex on a few of those sites.:P

SEXY!
http://www.clubbounce.net/photos.htm
There be some real hotness going on in that place!

As an IT guy, I'd say my life is pretty damn good. Except when I have to deal with some of the more stupid users.....;)

If there were no such thing as stupid users, there would be no need for IT people!! :D:D

ETA: I've always had a great relationship with the IT dudes (and dudettes!) - they are absolute lifesavers :)
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Years ago we had a major PITA loser ... errr user.

It was daily fun to cause grief to this person.

Flipping mouse config to left handed, inverting the desktop image, a switch wired into the ethernet cabling - bored? flip the switch on PITA User, launching the ENTIRE boot drive in winblows startup....anything and everything to drive this person insane.

Karma. She IS a bitch.

First it's women and now it's IT guys. What's your rant going to be about next week? How about old people? They're so boring with their stories about how they almost died in the war! And how about those pesky kittens? Enough with the purring and meowing already. Sheez! :S

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What are you talking bout with respect to women?
Oh yeah....ok ok ok....Yeah I'm to look past looks and find her personality attractive...yeah yeah yeah....sure. Ladies you lower your standards first, if it works for you I may try it out.
:P

But for now it's IT....darn IT guys! can't even google TITS! Or BOOBIES! Or HOOTERS!

What are you talking bout with respect to women?
Oh yeah....ok ok ok....Yeah I'm to look past looks and find her personality attractive...yeah yeah yeah....sure. Ladies you lower your standards first, if it works for you I may try it out.
:P

But for now it's IT....darn IT guys! can't even google TITS! Or BOOBIES! Or HOOTERS!

Sorry most have been doing just that.. for thousands of years

can't even google TITS! Or BOOBIES! Or HOOTERS!

I can. Sucks to be you. :P

Could be worse. At least the email is up and I can get some work done.

First it's women and now it's IT guys. What's your rant going to be about next week? How about old people? They're so boring with their stories about how they almost died in the war! And how about those pesky kittens? Enough with the purring and meowing already. Sheez! :S

And how about bald people?
Sheesh!
Get a rug or a transplant already!:P