kansasskydiver

Skydiving Dream

hey guys how's it going? i've had this reocurring dream lately when i'm skydiving, i fall, i'd say it's probably a hop n pop or something, always from some odd type of platform or open aired aircraft. i exit, get stable and then try to pull, my right hand won't move fast and i struggle to pull the PC. when i finally pull, the canopy starts to inflate and i find myself hitting the ground, not injured but in shock. the dream doesn't awake me like i hit or anything, but i have had this dream where i pull too low and find myself landing on my stomach right as it deploys. has anyone else had some weird dreams about skydiving? i generally am not a low puller, in the saddle latest by 2 grand or just in a long snivle as my protrack flat lines at 2200. it's just weird and i'm just curious of anyone else having dreams

blue skies

Chris aka Flash

I had one just the other night..... I had chopped from a streamer and my right arm wasn't long enough to reach across and grab the reserve handle. I was shifting the harness all around with my left hand trying to get the reserve handle closer to my right hand (remember it's a dream..I never thought to pull with my left hand). Anyway, I floated ever so slowly into the parking lot of a local convienience store, all the while in a panic because I couldn't get to the handle. Guess I've watched Breakaway about 100 more times than I should have;)

My dream that Ive had 100 times is I deploy, but Im not falling fast enough to inflate my canopy, so I pull it out and hold it into the wind to help it, then I hit the ground, and take my rig off and start kicking it and calling it a peice of $hit! Wonder what a dream anyliser will think of that one.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Lets see how well I'm prepared for my psychology midterm tomorrow;)

Dreams arise from your brain reorganizing it's memory structure. The more prominent memories float up to the surface, but without any coherence to them, so you get this surreal weird sh*t. I would say that you have a minor paranoia about your main, first of all, and that it is fairly persistent on your mind. You probably think about it a couple of times a day. The exact thing is, of course, an improper deployment and an inability to properly handle the situation. The speed with which things happen is also on your mind. You also do not really believe that you can die from jumping. Your concious brain understands and accepts the risks, but your subconcious believes that even impacting the ground without a good canopy will not really kill you. To be honest, my brain acts similarly. I understand that it's dangerous, but the back of my head doesn't.

How is that? :)

-- Toggle Whippin' Yahoo
Skydiving is easy. All you have to do is relax while plummetting at 120 mph from 10,000' with nothing but some nylon and webbing to save you.

See if anyone can figure this one out.B|

2 people exit a cessna from what looked like below 2000. They stay connected all the way to the ground. Impact, no parachutes. I'm the first on the scene, only they aren't wearing parachutes, they are wearing scuba gear. Next weird thing is the DZ is not a DZ. It is in a field behind where I used to live.

If anyone can tell me what this means wins the prize.:)

See if anyone can figure this one out.B|

2 people exit a cessna from what looked like below 2000. They stay connected all the way to the ground. Impact, no parachutes. I'm the first on the scene, only they aren't wearing parachutes, they are wearing scuba gear. Next weird thing is the DZ is not a DZ. It is in a field behind where I used to live.

If anyone can tell me what this means wins the prize.:)

Someone moved the pool away from that field. :P

I often try to force myself to have a lucid dream where I'm in freefall and having sex....My "main" does not have time to inflate before pull time so no sex for me.
Maybe I need a "fluffer"on the ride up :D

Better you than me

hey guys how's it going? i've had this reocurring dream lately when i'm skydiving

I sincerely hope you keep waking up before pull time!
B|

Me? I had a horrible and frightening dream about Billvon, coming after me with a bat, shouting that we should not post the talk back stuff here ... anyone knows what that means?
:)

"Whoever in discussion adduces authority uses not intellect but memory." - Leonardo da Vinci
A thousand words...

here's mine....i have only jumped at the DZ where i started in KY, so i dont know what any other terrain looks like in freefall, so here goes....it starts with me under a just-inflated red canopy. we dont have red canopies at our DZ anyway. but its like i wake up under canopy and i try to figure out how i got there. i look around me and see the red canopy perfectly inflated above me, then look around to see where i am. i seem to be in a beautiful very very hige snowcovered ountain range. I'm flying close to the sides of the mountains on purpose, admiring the beauty of the contrasting snow and rocks. my canopy then collapses and i begin to fall. i just faintly panic then it catches air and reinflates. this happens once more before i come in for a landing. I then land in a flat grassy area with a few friends, some of whom i only see a few times a year, and none of whom are skydivers. my two buddies who promise to go this year with me waited on the ground for me, they werent diving......
ever since, ,i have been determined to dive over the rockies this year. the collapsing chute seems to me to be a manifestation of my only real fear of skydiving. i once had one collapse on me due to a huge crosswind from my left, but fortunately, i was only 5 feet off the ground anyway. collapsing is the only thing i really consciously worry about each time....dream away!

doug
hey, i was stupid before stupid was cool!

when i finally pull, the canopy starts to inflate and i find myself hitting the ground, not injured but in shock. the dream doesn't awake me like i hit or anything, but i have had this dream where i pull too low and find myself landing on my stomach right as it deploys. has anyone else had some weird dreams about skydiving? it's just weird and i'm just curious of anyone else having dreams

DUDE!!!!!! I have that dream ALL THE TIME!!!! I'm actually really glad that someone else has it too!!! I dream of a really great jump and then deploy and land just as the PC comes out. I never get hurt though, but I never have a canopy ride in my dreams...

Thanks for sharing!

I have had a similar dream once. Typically, HOWEVER, such as early this morning AGAIN, I am either dirt-diving or hurrying to the DZ, in each case hoping that I make the load or that the approaching clouds don't ruin our day. As to the other jumper's story including the red canopy in the Rockies, my old rig's reserve was pure red, so I am wondering if he could have come late into his own dream, after having had a chop;).

It comes from a deep-seated desire to not miss a jump when I want to jump.

I don't drink during the day, so I don't know what it is about this airline. I keep falling out the door of the plane.

Harry, FB #4143

I love talking about skydiving dreams! Lately, I have regularly been having malfunction dreams. It seems like my reserve always opens a quarter of a second before I flare(I'm a kick ass swooper in my dreams, even on a last second reserve opening). One time recently I had this dream where my reserve opened with one of the risers disconnected. Luckily, I was able to grab it before it got away and still make a killer swoop. How bout dem apples?;)

"How do you like my groin to your foot style?"

I used to have one back when I had about 500 jumps.

I am in freefall, and I got o deploy my main. It opens with a mal, basicly a big ball of shit.

I reach for the cut away and reserve.

Pull the cut away,and pull the reserve.

I see the reserve starting to come out......I see the ground, then everything goes black.

I had a friend of mine that had a joke hell dream he always talked about...

He shows up on the weekend for a boogie....The Main aircraft has broken and all they have is a 182. He waits all day, and finaly they manifest a hop n pop. The plane climbs SLOW AS HELL. It takes 30 min, and they only get 1,800 feet. The door opens, and it is cold as hell!. He and his buddy climb out and try to launch a 2 way...It funnels, and they are all over the sky. He tracks to deploy his main, and it mals. He cuts away and deploys the reserve...IT mals. He slams into the ground feeling all of the pain of hitting, but with no real damage.....As he gets up....He is on a 5 min call, and still has to pack.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

I never had a skydiving dream that I can remember before reading this thread the other day? (wierd)

But LAST NIGHT! ... I dreamt that manifest was telling me, "Sorry, all we have is the 182!!" I was Pissed because I could see the super otter hot on the apron with room on the load!? I kept arguing that I want on that load but [my ex-girlfriend] who was running manifest kept insisting there was no otter; only a 182!!! UGH!!

So I run out on to the apron and everybody starts cheering!! (Sooo weird) but the problem was that I had to push start the plane to get it rolling and jump in just as it starts to lift off. Very Vivid.

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

when i finally pull, the canopy starts to inflate and i find myself hitting the ground, not injured but in shock. the dream doesn't awake me like i hit or anything, but i have had this dream where i pull too low and find myself landing on my stomach right as it deploys. has anyone else had some weird dreams about skydiving? it's just weird and i'm just curious of anyone else having dreams

DUDE!!!!!! I have that dream ALL THE TIME!!!! I'm actually really glad that someone else has it too!!! I dream of a really great jump and then deploy and land just as the PC comes out. I never get hurt though, but I never have a canopy ride in my dreams...

Thanks for sharing!

VERY SIMILAR DREAM here. Throw out, canopy snivels until impact. First there is panic and then I am overwhelmed with a sense that everything is going to be alright, and of course it is. I land softly.

Hello,

My husband and I recently started jumping. I had my first skydive dream after our second jump. We were both in the plane and I jumped out. My husband jumped right after me, but he didn't have a parachute. He grabbed ahold of me and down we went. I never pulled my canopy and, needless to say, the ground came up pretty fast. We literally HIT the ground, stood up (yes, we somehow survived) and started fighting because he made me fail the jump. I remember being really pissed at him.

Another one I had was that we were at some sort of theme park with our instructors. There was an indoor mountain that you could skydive from. You had to run off the ledge and go deep into a dark valley between two mountains. It was beautiful...all lit up with red lights. There was a viewing balcony where I was standing while my husband took his jump. I was so terrified that I told my instructor that I just couldn't do it and I ran off crying. A while later I decided I wanted to take the jump and I had to search the park for my instructor and beg her to take me. I found her on a roller coaster. When we returned to the mountain we were informed that the attraction was closed. I begged and pleaded with the operator to let me take the jump and he finally gave in. I took the jump and it was as incredible as my first jump.

We haven't been jumping lately (it's too cold) and I haven't had anymore dreams. However, I'm sure they'll start again once we take our next jump.

The way I figure it, these dreams just allow me to take more jumps (free of charge) and I can get that amazing feeling even while I sleep. As long as we keep landing safely in my dreams, I'll keep jumping.

Sincerely,
Teri Bryan

I've had malfunction dreams with ground rush.

When I was very young (8 years old or so), I had these dreams where I would jump off a cliff and would never hit the ground, I would just track forever. When I went through AFF and started tracking that view of the earth reminded me of those dreams. Perhaps base jumping is in my future.

I'm pretty sure I know what this mean but please feel free to post your thoughts.

I am in the Cessna and the whole ride up I am sitting in the crouch postion, In my mind eveyone else is doing the same thing but I see everyone just going crazy. People singing with the spotlight on them, another eating at a banquet, you get the idea. Come time for the skydive, it's like everything is going at warp speed and it takes no time at all.

Then........ I wake up:o
Wierd

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." Napoleon Bonaparte