malorie721811

What would you do protect your knees when you land?

With 2 jumps, figure out how to be descending as slowly as possible (ask your instructor what "finish your flare" means). Consider wearing kneepads so that you're not trying to protect them as much from banging, and you can focus on landing. Prepare to roll when landing, unless your instructor has you standing up.

Ask your instructor how to practice landings on the ground, then practice.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Learn how to do a proper PLF and keep it in your back pocket for when you really *need it. Find the grey haired guy or girl on your dz that has been jumping since round parachutes were the norm, and ask them to teach you. I'm sure they'd be happy to pass on their knowledge.

malorie721811

hi, I want to know people use what posture when you land.

Could you describe some moments when you want to keep your knees have right posture.

or who has wear the knee braces when you land experiences.

Do you have your own landing style?

If you have weak knees and someone tells you that you want to downsize your canopy, you need to really make that decision for yourself.
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

malorie721811

Could you describe some moments when you want to keep your knees have right posture.

Feet and knees together.

Flare all the way and hold it.

Be prepared to PLF as soon as you land.

All first jump course stuff taught to EVERY student.

What are you really asking and why? Because you sound suspiciously like a lawyer.

PLF.

And learn to fly your canopy well.

Do you really only have 2 jumps? Do you have bad knees? What do your instructors tell you?

I've seen many women leave the sport due to worrying about their landings. Men seem to be more accepting of rough landings and a little bruising. Maybe it's our general background in contact sports and rough lifestyles.

malorie721811

We are talking about Tandemjumps?
(seeing your Instagram Pics, you did two tandemjumps at Skydive Surf City Santa Cruz?)
so if you want to know how you should hold your knees during a tandem landing, follow your instructors advice.
If you have weak knees, maybe a standup-landing is not so suitable for you. Tell him about that and he might go for a sit-landing where that should not be a problem.
But as there are also hiking and travelling pics, I guess the knees should be no major issue ;-)
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

Hajo

***hi, I want to know people use what posture when you land.

We are talking about Tandemjumps?
(seeing your Instagram Pics, you did two tandemjumps at Skydive Surf City Santa Cruz?)
so if you want to know how you should hold your knees during a tandem landing, follow your instructors advice.
If you have weak knees, maybe a standup-landing is not so suitable for you. Tell him about that and he might go for a sit-landing where that should not be a problem.
But as there are also hiking and travelling pics, I guess the knees should be no major issue ;-)

Cyber-stalk much?

Hajo

***hi, I want to.......
If you have weak knees, .....

...............................................................................................

If you have weak knees, the best way to strengthen them is walking or running on rough trails. The repetitive impact of running triggers your bones to grow denser, while all those steps trigger ligaments and tendons and muscles to "toughen up!"

For example, yesterday, I hiked the "500 Stairs" trail up Burnaby
Mountain. It is rumoured that local para-gliders and speed-fliers like to launch from the top of the "500 Steps Trail." ....... Either that, or I am trying to join young BASE jumpers ..... or ...... I enjoy watching the sunset from the top of he Mountain???????

councilman24

Standing.:S

Do really have a clue what your asking. Go watch people land. Don't do what 3/4 of them do.;)

Terry, you are getting old. You are starting to repeat yourself.

Terry, you are getting old. You are starting to repeat yourself. :P
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

rmarshall234

Learn how to do a proper PLF and keep it in your back pocket for when you really *need it. Find the grey haired guy or girl on your dz that has been jumping since round parachutes were the norm, and ask them to teach you. I'm sure they'd be happy to pass on their knowledge.

I resemble that remark. :S
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

As a student (tandem, aff, static line, or IAD): listen to your instructors, not the internet.

If you have knee issues, talk about it with your instructors before you jump. In first jump courses we ask "do you have any medical issues or injuries that may prevent you from jumping" at the beginning... no one says anything... but knee braces and ankle braces show up when it's time to gear up. If you want to wear a brace or knee pads, you have an issue you should discuss with your instructor so they can help you avoid injury.

After you've been taught to PLF properly, practice until you can comfortably PLF from 3-4' up (stairs or the back of a pickup truck), rolling to each side and backwards too. Then you'll know you'll be fine and you can relax and listen to your instructors for the rest of landing info. Start practicing from 1 step or a short step stool and work your way up in height. If it hurts to PLF you're either doing it wrong (get more coaching and more practice) or skydiving might not be for you at this time/fitness level.

mjosparky

***Standing.:S

Do really have a clue what your asking. Go watch people land. Don't do what 3/4 of them do.;)

Terry, you are getting old. You are starting to repeat yourself.

Terry, you are getting old. You are starting to repeat yourself. :P

I have to repeat myself, I can't remember I said it the first time.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

RopeaDope

Cyber-stalk much?

Nope, just 1-click-research before giving advice about how to flare a canopy or something like that...
--------------------------------------------------

With sufficient thrust,
pigs just fly well

malorie721811

Malorie, do you have some more clarification after these responses? Do you have an existing injury or condition with your knees? To give you an honest answer you may not want to pursue this sport if that's the case. Some people may give you the advice that you should learn to slide in your landings, however that places the impact into the very short range that your spine can absorb.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

mjosparky

***Learn how to do a proper PLF and keep it in your back pocket for when you really *need it. Find the grey haired guy or girl on your dz that has been jumping since round parachutes were the norm, and ask them to teach you. I'm sure they'd be happy to pass on their knowledge.

I resemble that remark. :S

I know, right? :(:)
Glad to see you back, Mike
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.