yoink

San Diego restaurant recommendation help

I'm coming up on an anniversary for me and the missus and I'd like to take her somewhere that does really good food in San Diego.

Price isn't an issue and I don't mind it being dressy - we tend to be quite casual so a suited-and-booted evening might be quite a change.

Any help from locals for something romantic and good would be really appreciated!

Mr. A's in Little Italy is really nice. It's in the penthouse of one of the older buildings and was a speakeasy during Prohibition. It was remodeled to look the same way that it did back then. Pretty cool place and the food is good too. Here's a link

http://www.bertrandatmisteras.com/
Life is short, eat more bacon, have more sex and jump anytime you can!!

Nine Ten in La Jolla (amazing food)
George's in La Jolla (very good food, best view in La Jolla)
Bertrand's (at Mr A's) (good food, great view, you can watch the airplanes land at Lindbergh)
Wine Sellar (excellent wine store, very fancy restaurant, great food, but not great location)

I second all above recommendations and adding 2 options that are downtown:

Bice on 5th and K
Cafe chloe (my long time favorite till I ate at Bice) on 9th and F.

If you do go to Georges, make SURE you have a reservation. Also, make sure you are there a full hour before sunset and not after dark.

Edited to add: If you want dressy, go to Mr. A's it's the only truly dressy option in San Diego.

George's. The Braised Lamb is quite good according to my sister (I don't do Lamb), as is the Maine Lobster Seafood Stew (My fave). As said earlier, make reservations for about an hour before sunset, and enjoy the view!

G. Jones

"I've never been quarantined. But the more I look around, the more I think it might not be a bad idea."