warpedskydiver

Amy Winehouse was found dead

>No one wants to be mentally ill any more than anyone wants to have Cancer.

True. But mental illness is often more survivable than cancer, since it is the effects of mental illness, and not the disease itself, which is usually what's fatal.

Something I recall from when I was doing classes in psychology, it was quite some time ago.

It is the conglomerate of all mental health issues from depression to eating disorders to severe stress, etc,

If you took all the incidence rates and complied them the results became pretty staggering.

I do not know of anyone that has not had an issue at some point in their lives, it does not have to be permanent or long lasting but the results are not to be dismissed.

Only 27... Shame...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Gotta admit, I was thinking the same damn thing when I read the paper. I was a young kid back in 1970. That was a bad year.[:/]

Poor Amy. She had a lot of talent and artistry for the world, but she didn't learn how to tame her demons. To all those who want to live fast, die young and leave a pretty corpse, you're cheating yourself out of some really good times. Growing older can be really good.

True. But mental illness is often more survivable than cancer, since it is the effects of mental illness, and not the disease itself, which is usually what's fatal.

I would have guessed the opposite. There is no physical test for mental illness, unlike cancer, which makes it harder to identify. There is more of a stigma in mental illness than cancer, which means fewer people will seek treatment. Cause of death is always listed as the physical cause, and not the underlying mental cause (i.e. suicide, overdose, exposure, etc), but death from cancer is always listed as cancer. I doubt that the statistics for mental illness are anywhere near accurate, because society overshadows the cause with the effects.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD

Congratulations to Amy for being sober and drug free for six days now...

Stolen from a friend on facebook:D

way to stay classy.. [:/]

WTF would you know about class:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Give me a break - she was no saint and no one forced her to live the life she did.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Give me a break - she was no saint and no one forced her to live the life she did.

No, but she was still a person. She probably had people who loved her who were torn apart by what she was doing and did to herself, and miss her and mourn her deeply. (yes, a very run-on sentence)

She was given the opportunity to get help. For whatever reason she chose not to accept that help.

And now she's dead.

A sad, sad story that has been told before and will be told again. About people both famous and not.

Maybe, just maybe, someone will hear the story, look at their own life and get some help. For the ends are always the same - Jails, Institutions and Death.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

WTF would you care!?
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

WTF would you care!?
I dont care, not one little bit,
I just LOVE the hypocrisy:ph34r::ph34r:

and Joe nice use of the 12 quote;)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My favorite parts have been the comparisons to Joplin, Hendrix, Morrison, Cobain...as if, lol.

All you have to do is listen to her records. There are only two. You'll find there AW was gifted and why she was so admired.

The tabloid-chronicled decline is what happened to her, not who she was.

And her descent and demise was not entirely of her own doing, IMO. Enablers, leeches and ghouls dragged her down.
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73