warpedskydiver

Amy Winehouse was found dead

Not surprising but still sad [:/]

I remember when her Back to Black album came out... I was in my car driving home from work - her music really spoke to me. Only 27... Shame...

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Seems she should have said "yes, yes, yes".

Apparently she went to rehab several times. But treatment for drug addiction still has little efficacy, so it's not surprising that it didn't work for her. It's not exactly like breaking your leg and going to the doctor to get it fixed.

When I first saw this my reaction was 'and I should be surprised by this?' Then I started thinking about my own life.

In my 20's, if I'd have had access to all the money I could want, a ton of free time, and no one to tell me that it was a bad idea I might have ended up the same. I think many on here might be the same.

It was jumping that straightened my ass out. I was god's own recreational drug user until I started jumping. It became readily apparent that I would need to have a clear head to deal with an emergency.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Forcing an addict to go to rehab is not the same as one willing to actually stop the behavior and having the desire to stop.
A forced visit to rehab is a joke. Addicts are quite good at playing along.

I willing approach to rehab surely would have given her a better shot than to simply continue her lifestyle. Initial reports are ecstasy and alcohol.
:S
Anyone foolish enough to put designer drugs into their body deserves what they get.
:S

I'm happily surprised at the level of sympathy regarding someone (A.W.) with a severe mental health disease.

I can agree that mental health issues are often laughed at and or ridiculed, strange because 7 of 10 people will suffer some form of mental health issue at some point in their lives.[:/]

She suffered a great deal...

I'm happily surprised at the level of sympathy regarding someone (A.W.) with a severe mental health disease.

I can agree that mental health issues are often laughed at and or ridiculed, strange because 7 of 10 people will suffer some form of mental health issue at some point in their lives.[:/]

She suffered a great deal...

Just curious here, but where do you get the 7 out of 10 people stat?
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Anyone foolish enough to put designer drugs into their body deserves what they get.

This sounds like a whuffo commenting on a skydiving fatality. "Anyone foolish enough to jump out of a plane deserves what they get." Though I'll bet skydiving has a much higher fatality rate than designer drug use does. And the heavy drinking is generally more dangerous than ecstasy use. Well, except that with illegal drugs you run more of a risk of getting unpure substances.

Anyhow, I do have sympathy for anyone who is so addicted to alcohol and other drugs that they keep using even though they know they are killing themselves.

Forcing an addict to go to rehab is not the same as one willing to actually stop the behavior and having the desire to stop.
A forced visit to rehab is a joke. Addicts are quite good at playing along.

yep... "those convinced against their will, are of the same opinion still." you've got to want it, with all your heart and soul.

Seriously????

Skydiving, at least to me, is full of nothing BUT risk mitigation.

Mixing bathtub designed drugs with alcohol is SUICIDE.
Which would appear worked in this situation.

I have sympathy for addiction as well. To a point.

Her addictions seem to me to be but only a portion of her demons.

People mix alcohol and ecstasy all the time, and relatively few die or even end up in the hospital from it. I'm not condoning it; it is risky, but it's no more "suicide" than skydiving is.

However, it does sound like she was mixing a lot of drugs, and using heavily, and I would agree that that is basically suicide.

I had never heard of her until she started making news because of her problems. But I was blown away when I finally heard her music. Such an amazing voice.

I like her work, sad to see someone die like this.
No sympathy if she OD'd on anything though.
[:/]

She was mentally ill, and it was that which led to her death. No one wants to be mentally ill any more than anyone wants to have Cancer. Seeing as there is a link between obesity and many types of cancer. Do you have no sympathy for obese people who die of cancer? By your reasoning they brought it on themselves too.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

No one wants to be mentally ill any more than anyone wants to have Cancer. .

I'm mentally ill, just ask anyone that knows me..I fucking great with itB|B| and fuck anyone who is not Ok with me being a nut job:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

sad....

what a shame....

could it be??? that due to her poor physical condition, and dangerously LOW body weight...??? she may have been more vulnerable to the negative effects of "combining" alcohol and ANY "designer" drug????
photos seems to show that as of late, she was skinny as can be, Emaciated, actually.... AND so, NOT likely to resist the deadly combination(s),, as she may have done,,, in the past....
was there NO One in her inner circle... who could have seen this coming?????? I bet there WAS...:| yet , as is often the case, people hesitate to "speak up" and THAT too,,,,,, is sad....

never any easy answers...

I think people had tried to help her. It's like the old adage, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". If she didn't want to change her life, or didn't have the inner strenght to fight her demons, I don't think any amount of trips to rehab were going to help her.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I think people had tried to help her. It's like the old adage, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink". If she didn't want to change her life, or didn't have the inner strenght to fight her demons, I don't think any amount of trips to rehab were going to help her.

true enough.....:(
ReHab and ReLapse , too often, go hand in hand.....[:/]

what's Left then?????
Maybe real intervention,,,:o:|
like monitoring the Ill person 24 - 7 and then physically intervening.. when the bottle goes to the lips... or when the heavy duty, physically debilitating drugs are reached for...the backlash could be Bad...as the subject will sometimes fight for "their right" to do as they please.....But it could still be worth the chance,,in the hopes that they WOULD respond....

Recreational is one thing... but the grip of some intoxicants can be overwhelming....

Does treating the addict like a child, and denying them the use of such substances, work????
Could the accumulated wear and tear of hard partying have worn out her cardiac system???
It seems that details are only now, emerging....:|:(
maybe some answers will be found

j

No one wants to be mentally ill any more than anyone wants to have Cancer. .

I'm mentally ill, just ask anyone that knows me..I fucking great with itB|B| and fuck anyone who is not Ok with me being a nut job:P

You're a 'special' case mate ;)
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca