chaoskitty

The UN-Condolonces Thread

I'm tired of saying good things about people who can't read them anymore. There are a lot of awesome people in my life who may or may not know how truly awesome I think they are..

I have a long list but I'm going to start with my friend John Dean (towjumpr).. his damn drill weekends make him miss most of the good boogies.. but he's always *always* there for me and just seems to know whats going on in my head. He tries to be a smartass with me but I'm better at it.. :ph34r: Plus he's always up for a good STEAMROLLER!! Thanks for your awesomeness, Little Big John! :)

Know whatcha mean Kitty!

Done this a couple times... But I want to add you to the list! You are such a sweetheart and I'm glad we've had the chance to meet! Can't wait to see ya again - hopefully LP!!!!

Lots of love!
g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

There is just no way I could pick any one person. There are so many who have influenced my life, and a great number of them have just recently come to know me.

You know who you are. Youre the ones I call in the wee hours and Im slobbering drunk. You're the ones I cant wait to see every weekend. You're the ones that make me laugh, and for some odd reason I make you laugh. If you need a hug, I can help, if I need a hug I know where to get one. I never thought I would end up with so many people I consider close friends, so many that make an impact on my life.

You know who you are, and Im thankful to know you. :)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I'll start with Gary Shaffer (Gary73). He's been my main mentor since day 1 and continues to be. He shaped my skydiving outlook and it has served me extremely well.

Thank you, Gary.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

You were my very first :)(DZ.commer to meet) and I always look forward to seeing your warm, sweet smile.:)
I really enjoy chatting with you and you always give me good advice. Thanks for being you.:)
"I'm not a gynecologist but I will take a look at it"
RB #1295, Smokey Sister #1, HellFish #658, Dirty Sanchez #194, Muff Brothers #3834, POPS #9614, Orfun Foster-Parent?"

OK since Kitty started with me the least i can do is mention a few people i wanna say thanks to for being my friend.

Kitty of course, Alex, Bad Brad and Big John, My new friend Lauraliscious, (and ted i guess for not totaly ruining "The Plan") Sue, and all the peeps at SDAL Rhonda,Curley, Rusty, Eddie, Caroline, Frank, Eddie, Scottie 2 Hottie, and many many more.

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!:)

My first impression of the Kitty was that she was a little standoffish (she says the same thing about me, though, so maybe I was putting out nasty vibes or something that night.:D:D:D). Anyway, I'm super-glad I didn't let that get in the way because if I had, I would have missed the chance to have the great friend I have today. I've hung out with her at multiple dropzones in I think 5 states, but I'm still not sure we've flown together except in the tunnel! [I]Edited because JENNR8R reminded me that Kitty and I formed the world's first precision hop & pop team at the Farm's Christmas boogie. We even had matching "jumpsuits".:D

But we've had a lot of adventures. B|

Stay tuned and I'll post about some more of my favoritest people, but this one's all about Miss Kristi.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Girl.. you are totally on my list of favorite people.. I had forgotten about our "hop n pop team" haha.. :)

We talked about you and missed you at trivia tonight.. Will was giving away free stuff for people who knew the names of the cover bands again.. we needed you!! :)

Okay, another person who flies (no pun intended) a little more under the radar here at DZ.com but is one of my favorite reasons to go to NorCal is WeakMindedFool. I think I first met him at the 2005 Byron Boogie, but really got to know him at a few boogies last year in California and Oregon.

Jason is one of those folks who is always up for a fun jump, and he's challenged me and encouraged me to try some new stuff. He organized my first "sit camp" in Oregon with some of NorCal's best freefly talent (I just held my sit, tried to stay on heading, and had fun watching everyone dock on me).

Little did I know the next day he was going to turn my role in a hybrid jump upside down by putting me on as the hanger, not the base. Not only that, his infectious energy about the jump attracted others, and it turned into a two-way base with me as the hanger, with video/photos from MX, and four highly-experienced freeflyers around trying to sting on me, the clueless freefly noob.:D I could *not* stop smiling during that entire jump.

Not only that, he put together a phenomenal boogie video, gave me a copy, and wouldn't accept a dime for it. It's better quality than many boogie videos I've paid for! I've since done some more fun jumps with him and look forward to more opportunities.

At the same time, he's not above telling me or anyone else when they've screwed up (I might have dropped off just a little past our planned breakoff for the aforementioned hybrid:$), and I appreciate that I get called out and counseled on stuff like that. I don't want my friends giving me a free pass on mistakes just because we're friends, and I can count on Jason not to do that.

Jason, I'll see ya at the American Boogie, if not before. I've got freefly pants now, so I can even look like a real freeflyer this time.:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Great idea Kristi. I want to say thanks to Bobby Knappe for getting my sons and me into this sport. You are the BOMB. Brad Cole is the best, my mentor and rigger and all around skydiving sounding board. Miami Mike was one of my AFF instructors and has more ability to get a freaked out student jumper to relax than anyone else I have ever jumped with, Thanks Mike. Last but not least for now, Clay our pilot at Mile High, you just sit up there without complaining and hot load all day every day, up down up down while we have all the fun. Thanks for being such a skillful pilot! It has not gone un-noticed and is appreciated.

Just burning a hole in the sky.....

Yeah, AWESOME thread Kitty! I like your friend (and now mine) John Dean too. He gives awesome steamrollers, along with Bad Brad and Big John, and he made me laugh lots on Saturday night. :)
I wanna say thank you to Shane (2fat2fly) for being the best pseudo-husband ever. Shane, thanks for being a shoulder to cry on, for offering to take me up on an airplane ride, for taking us to dinner whenever you stop through Atlanta and calling to tell me I'm a QT when you're driving through town and not stopping. Thanks for being a friend.

Thank YOU, Kittylicious, for being honest with me, even when it's something I don't want to hear, and for always telling it like it is.

And Krisanne, thanks for being the anti-drama queen, and for all the things you pulled out of your ass at trivia. :D Can't wait to see you next week. (sorry, I can't find any pics of us on this computer!)

I'll have more thanks coming later...there are LOTS of people I haven't mentioned yet. :)
I love you guys.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I definitely agree with Kristi (chaoskitty)-- John Dean, whether you know him really well or not, is a friend who is always there for you. (Thanks, John, for all your diversionary tactics this past weekend!)

And, having known Kristi since her AFF days, she is definitely a really good friend to many people, too. Always someone you can count on for advice or to give you that "heads up" phone call... Thanks, Kristi!

Krisanne, you are so right about Jason. He and his wife are two of the coolest people ever, not to mention that Jason's an awesome skydiver.

I first met Jason on the airplane at Davis shortly after I got back to California from FL. He saw the dz.com sticker on my helmet and asked who I was on here. I told him and he immediately said "Holy crap! You're famous!" :ph34r: A few months later, after I'd moved up to NorCal, he found out that I didn't have a 'puter. So he built one for me.

I know that he knows I love him, but it's always good to say it again. Jason - I love you, man!

Someone else who "flies under the radar" here but is very important to me is NoPush (Jim). He's the best backup boyfriend a girl could ask for. When he messed his knee up last year and couldn't use his tickets to Alaska... he gave them to me. :o And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Jim's not only generous and caring, he gives good hug, makes excellent enchiladas, always has top shelf liquor in his cabinet, tells a story better than anybody I've ever met and is way fun to go pretty much anyplace with. I'm looking forward to introducing him to the joys of Lost Prairie this summer.

Jim - you already know this, but anyway... I love you!

I have more too... but I'll save them for later.