skymama

Do vacations make you happier?

What's a vacation? :|:P

I'm not sure. I seem to remember something from several years ago but it's a little hazy. [:/]

EVERY 10 weeks i get a 2 week vacation B| PAIDB|B|B|

[PURPLE] MY LIFE ROCKS[/PURPLE]
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Absolutely true for me. The longer that I have to anticipate the vacation, the better. I've never understood spontaneity.

Me too! Give me a reason to make a list and I'm a happy girl. I love lists! :ph34r:

There's a relationship test I took once (one that counselor's use) that listed spontaneity as one of the things that kinda of rattles my type of personality. It's not that I won't go off on Saturday, if you tell me on Friday. But, my first reaction is going to be, "wait...we have to do this, and this, and this before we go", and the person who is suggesting the spontaneity might see that as me being negative or not wanting to go. The solution is to just let me think about it and rework things in my head, and then I'll be fine with it. It was one of those tests where you try to understand a person, not change them. Do you think you're that way?
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Absolutely... That's why we are good at our jobs. One of my boss' once said that everywhere I go order is created.

I'm rereading a book from 1993 that you might be interested in. It's called "Excess Baggage" Getting Out of Your Own Way; Overcoming the Blind Spots That Make Your Life Harder Than It Has to Be by Judith Sills, Ph.D. I thought it was worth a years worth of therapy the first time I read it.

Besides revealing my own blind spots, it lets me understand why people with other types of personalities do the things that they do. I highly recommend it.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

JerryBaumchen

PS) So are you an Aussie; I wouldn't want to be wrong? :):P

Yes Sir I am an AussieB|
Vader is just visiting, but apparently the girls like him so he wants to stay :ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?