skymama

Do vacations make you happier?

Hopefully soon after will be going there and NOT coming back ;)

You will be notifying all your stalkers of the change-of-address, right?:|

Already have it. Cameras are due to be installed shortly. :P

I am sure there will be a couple of people around tech savvy enough to hose up your cameras ;)

If the cameras are already active, he's gonna get more than a eyeful of someone else he probably wouldnt want to get an eye full of! lmao!!!!
Remster

Hopefully soon after will be going there and NOT coming back ;)

You will be notifying all your stalkers of the change-of-address, right?:|

Already have it. Cameras are due to be installed shortly. :P

I am sure there will be a couple of people around tech savvy enough to hose up your cameras ;)

If the cameras are already active, he's gonna get more than a eyeful of someone else he probably wouldnt want to get an eye full of! lmao!!!!

Don't worry, I have a girl monitoring the feed, who will then record only the portions of eeneR and send them to me via carrier pigeon
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

hells yes it does! I love the feeling before I trip ON ACID! I'm going to Maine in a month & I can't freakin' wait! I'm so excited about it, that even my busted up leg from this weekend isnt bringing me down. I just keep reminding myself that it'll be all healed before my awesome vacay so I shouldnt worry about it. B|

Fixed it for ya

Coming home, unpacking and slipping back between those familiar sheets is a whole 'nother kind of happy.

I just tried a trick a friend told me - put fresh sheets on the bed before leaving for vacation. Makes the return that much sweeter. It sure was nice to come home from LP to nice, clean sheets!

yep, I clean the entire house before we leave. also, pay for the vacation up front. it sucks to come home, and then have to pay the bill.

Don't worry, I have a girl monitoring the feed, who will then record only the portions of eeneR and send them to me via carrier pigeon

Lemme get this straight;
You have a girl, and can't think of anything else for her to do but engage in stalking for you?:S
[facepalm]:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Are you saying she's been crossing state lines for immoral purposes???:o
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

:o I would never do such a thing! :)
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Darn.[:/]
If you change your mind, you lemme know; M'kay?>:(
I'll even put new sheets in the guest bedroom.:)

New sheets? What did the old ones have a hole in them? :ph34r:
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

New sheets? What did the old ones have a hole in them? :ph34r:

One was left shredded after a recent overnight guest left.:|

Stop picking up strays. :|

Well, it was either let them in, or listen to them whimper outside the door all night.[:/]

my vacations don’t make me "happier"
I enjoy them immensely and sometimes the anticipation is huge.
Like this years visit to the states is for tunnel time. that has both anxiety and trepidation attached to it. I have spent a very large (for me) sum of money on it and one fear is that it wont be value for money at the end.

I try to limit my expectations for outcomes as much as possible and just go with the flow when travelling, however i don’t always succeed in that.:ph34r:

Having said that, most of my vacations involve travel, and I LOVE World Travel:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

According to this article in the NY Times, the anticipation of the trip might positively affect your level of happiness more than the actual trip itself. I found this to be interesting and true on some level. On some trips, I wish I hadn't gone at all! Thoughts from anyone else? Do you find this to be true?

I haven't had a chance to read the article, but it is an interesting concept. I would think that level of happiness may be influenced by emotional affect resulting from anticipating a vacation. We react naturally thanks to the pleasure-pain system wired in our brains first and pleasure = no work = vacation. That is at least a natural instinct, before we start consciously think about it (e.g. stress from planning a vacation).

Personally, a vacation is a happy/memorable one depending on the company you're with. A simple day of driving to a neighboring city and spending time with the right person can easily become a vacation for me. :)

Damn, wonder where he found this one? Sheesh...

I may be a little slow on the take, but it sounds like two of you owe pimp fees! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Damn, wonder where he found this one? Sheesh...

I may be a little slow on the take, but it sounds like two of you owe pimp fees! ;)

It was the guest bedroom, not the master bedroom.
That's my story, and I'm sticking with it.;)

According to this article in the NY Times, the anticipation of the trip might positively affect your level of happiness more than the actual trip itself.

Absolutely true for me. The longer that I have to anticipate the vacation, the better. I've never understood spontaneity.

What is equally enjoyable is the remembering afterwards. The actual vacation is my least favorite part.
What do you call a beautiful, sunny day that comes after two cloudy, rainy
ones? -- Monday.

According to this article in the NY Times, the anticipation of the trip might positively affect your level of happiness more than the actual trip itself.

Absolutely true for me. The longer that I have to anticipate the vacation, the better. I've never understood spontaneity.

What is equally enjoyable is the remembering afterwards. The actual vacation is my least favorite part.

didnt you anticipate your vacation for like 20 years Jen :ph34r::ph34r:
Mrs Squeak says high too:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?