garyharbird

Who has a vigil

I wanted one, really bad I wanted one. I could not fine one to buy with money in hand! I per ordered when they first came out ($800) I think. I wound up having to buy a Cypress2. They had all the adds in Parachutist, they were the talk around the DZ. @ years and I have never seen one. SO....Who has one?

I wanted one, really bad I wanted one. I could not fine one to buy with money in hand! I per ordered when they first came out ($800) I think. I wound up having to buy a Cypress2.

cypres is more expensive than vigil... how did you manage that?
i was wondering the same thing. luckly i don't have to make the decision yet so i have time to see. they sound promising though and i'm glad ssk has some real competition... maybe their price tag will come down too!?
check out the vigil website and do a search on here.... this has been covered a few times and there's a lot of good info about vigil vs. cypres in previous threads. here's a few recent ones:
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1392968;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=1332568;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=1438419;search_string=vigil;#1438419
and http://www.vigil.aero
good luck... heidi
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

I have one and have had it for the past 500 or so jumps. I've only had one real issue is when I got one, it wouldn't go through the CTRL check and it wouldn't turn on. It did exactly what it's supposed to do in the event of an error. I had a new unit two days later, even before I had pulled out the bad unit. (thanks Kim).

I will definitely buy another one , especially when they come out with the waterproof model.

Pros, - it's less expensive; the multi mode (I'll put my current into my student rig when the waterproof one comes out); if you have an issue, they will fix it or get you a new unit in a hurry (go Kim); The offset is pretty easy to use.

Cons - it's still fairly new on the market, the turn on is slightly different than the cypres, (hit the button twice instead of once to get it to the three flash start..[:/].)

Cost $1050, now they're $1150 (due to the Euro conversion) where I got mine.

I have had one relatively early since their release, maybe two hundred jumps or so on it so far on two units and never had a problem. I like the extra information it can display, like number of jumps on the unit, temperature and air pressure (although there is probably no real practical use to it). For me it is just like the Cypres I had before with a slightly better price, functionality and look (but last one is pretty irrelevant for an AAD).

Hi Garry,
My name is "T-Bone" and I am the Sales Manager for Vigil Europe.
For all the details you need about Vigil, please check out www.vigil.aero and for dealers and prices in the US, please contact Kim at [email protected]
You can ask all your questions on [email protected]
I hope you'll find what you need, otherwise contact me at [email protected]
Blue Skies, Happy Landings
T-Bone