FlyingFrank

Favorite beer?

a couple of years ago i went on a 2 year beer sampling kick tried a different beer every week. i like too many to really have a favorite, but:

if i'm at the grocery store i mainly buy something from shiner, saint arnolds, or new belgium.

if i'm at the liquor store where they have a wider variety, i mainly go with a left hand, brooklyn, or avery offering.

i also like Jager, crown, stoli, & casa nobel

St.Arnold's huh? H-town? I love their Elissa IPA, but I haven't tried a beer of their's that I didn't like.
Some people spend their whole lives afraid to die that they never truly live.

I liked the beer you were passing out at the DZ. Yummy, and you made it yourself with your very own hands:ph34r:

May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Saw Tooth Ale (Left Hand Brewery).

They know about our local beers in Texas???:o

Yup. Then again I went to Longmont for Swoopweek twice, brought some back each time. Then Specs (HUGE liquor store chain in the greater Houston area) started carrying it. Even HEB will have it sometimes!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

its just beer for fucks sake, you frat boy douche bags

Douche bag, probably...but you don't know me bud

Frat boy...never

Maybe if you took the time to try some of the beers in this thread you would understand just being beer isn't such silly thing to discuss.

Have a very hoppy day!
Peace, love and hoppiness

Aaaah, beer! I don't drink right now, so I'm drinking various non alcoholic ones. There is a northern norwegian brewery that makes a great non alcoholic brew called "Freeze", and another norwegian brand called Aass that makes one called "Uten". But good old Clausthaler is good too.

If it's with alcohol, I love Coronas, and norwegian Mack. Mack is best in Tromsø, directly from the cask. It's so fresh and nice and easy to drink, you forget that it's alcoholic, which can lead to surprises. :D

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Huge fan of Porters lately.

Stone makes one I drank alot of in Florida (was on tap)

really enjoy Kona's Pipeline Porter (yet to have it from the tap)

otherwise I tend to drink Kona Firerock and Stone Arrogant Bastard

Left Hand makes a Milk stout the roommate and I fight over on occasion as well.

You guys are to damn picky I just want mine cold!

you wouldn't like that one then
www.brasseriebfm.ch/en/products#8

La Dragonne (7.0%)
La Dragonne, bière noire à boire chaude, 7% vol. est une somme de surprises , servie à plus de 50°C, elle n’a plus ni bulle, ni mousse, mais exhale des arômes très intenses d’épices de Noël et de miel. En bouche, c’est un festival de douceurs et d’épices avec toutefois une finale amère et très bière.

you should serve it at 50degrees C (122F) :P
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

I'd really like to try some of this --> http://www.brewdog.com/sink_the_bismark.php

"Sink the Bismarck is a quadruple IPA that contains four times the hops, four times the bitterness and frozen four times to create at a staggering 41% ABV.

This is IPA amplified, the most evocative style of the craft beer resistance with the volume cranked off the scale. Kettle hopped, dry hopped then freeze hopped for a deep fruit, resinous and spicy aroma. A full out attack on your taste-buds ensues as the incredibly smooth liquid delivers a crescendo of malt, sweet honey, hop oils and a torpedo of hop bitterness which lasts and lasts.
"

I keep a keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale on tap, then I will bring home a random six pack to mix it up every once in a while.

Don't Pull Low... Unless You ARE!!!
The pessimist says, "It can't get any worse than this." The optimist says, "Sure, it can."
Be fun, have safe.

The Alesmith Nut Brown is probably at the top of my list. Their Speedway stout is a close second - they make really great full-bodied beers. The Chimay Grand Reseve is also a favorite.

Telegraph's porter is nice and Meantime's coffee porter is good too. YUM!

Now I want to be sitting by myself outside in the sun enjoying a good burger and a cold 750. :|

Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

My favorite beer... my next one.

Yuengling or Shiner.........

Actually, I’m not a big fan of Yuengling but I am going to take the factory tour in Pottsville, PA next week just for the hell of it. Should be a nice ride and an interesting tour.

My favorite beer... my next one.

Yuengling or Shiner.........

Actually, I’m not a big fan of Yuengling but I am going to take the factory tour in Pottsville, PA next week just for the hell of it. Should be a nice ride and an interesting tour.

Take the factory tour of St. Arnold's if you are ever in Houston. It's basically an excuse to get free/cheap fresh beer. You can bring lunch, too, and make an afternoon of it.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
~Leonardo da Vinci~

>How long do you think the last 3 cases of Lang Creek that I have will last
>in my beer fridge . . . .

Low alcohol lighter beer (i.e. Blonde) stored at 35F in the dark can last a year or so without too much change in taste. Unfortunately they start to taste off after that. Enemies there are temperature changes and light, even fluorescent light. Which is why display cases in stores are deadly.

High gravity darker beers (i.e. stouts) can actually improve with age if stored right. A very high gravity barleywine can last 20 years if cellared the right way.

The last batch of Skydiver Blonde I made (SB3) took a bit of a turn towards pale ales (even though the ingredients were exactly the same as John's.) I entered it in a local competition and it scored pretty well on taste, but it was dinged because it was in the wrong category. I entered it in 6B (Blonde) but it probably belonged in 10A (American pales.) On the plus side it was high enough in alcohol, and dark enough, that it will probably last longer than the Blondes.

>How long do you think the last 3 cases of Lang Creek that I have will last
>in my beer fridge . . . .

Low alcohol lighter beer (i.e. Blonde) stored at 35F in the dark can last a year or so without too much change in taste. Unfortunately they start to taste off after that. Enemies there are temperature changes and light, even fluorescent light. Which is why display cases in stores are deadly.

High gravity darker beers (i.e. stouts) can actually improve with age if stored right. A very high gravity barleywine can last 20 years if cellared the right way.

The last batch of Skydiver Blonde I made (SB3) took a bit of a turn towards pale ales (even though the ingredients were exactly the same as John's.) I entered it in a local competition and it scored pretty well on taste, but it was dinged because it was in the wrong category. I entered it in 6B (Blonde) but it probably belonged in 10A (American pales.) On the plus side it was high enough in alcohol, and dark enough, that it will probably last longer than the Blondes.

I still have Huck and Honey, Mandarin, and Tri Motor.... with but a six pack of SB

So far... I have not noted any deterioration.. the fridge only gets opened about once a week... so I should be good :)