sdctlc

Wings Issue Repaired

Sunrise builds some nice rigs, period.

Agreed!

My point is that virtually every manufacture has some problems, some bigger some smaller.

Too true.

That's why I'm all for jumpers taking a greater interest in their gear.....:)
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I noticed this on my Wings but thought nothing of it. I am in NZ so if I wanted to get a fix it would be better to get a rigger here to fix it. My rigger would want instructions from Sunrise. Is that the right way to get this safety precaution fix? If so would I send them the pic you included and ask them for an instruction for a rigger to fix it?

I just wanted to add my experience to this. After reading the thread, I checked my rig right after I got it back from a repack anyway.

I jump a W-13 wings, with a PDR 176, and a hornet 170 main. The reserve pack is pretty dang tight at that volume and the Wings containers do have deep pocketed corners on the reserve, with a freebag whose shape is perpendicular to the reserve container. For these reasons, I was eager to find if the catch existed, because my reserve volume above such a catch would be very firm.

Upon examining my rig, I did not find this condition at all. The left corner comes completely to a flush seam into the packtray. The right corner recedes a very slight bit, maybe 1/4", and gradually. Therefore, both my rigger and I think the possibility of anything catching is none existent.

Whether this speak to the difference between cut in lateral (which I do not have) or simply rig variation, I have no idea. Just wanted to share that my wings does not exhibit this at all.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.