wayneflorida

75-year-old pilot explains encounter with F-16s

She's busted for sure.:D
Watch these TFRs boys and girls.

From article.
Rose, a Republican who said she did not vote for Obama, joked about mailing the president a note for his birthday.

"Oh, dear, maybe I should send him a belated birthday card and say, 'You should have stayed home and Michelle baked you a birthday cake.'"

Rose said she does have a bone to pick with NORAD, or whoever released the information about her close encounter with the jets.

"The worst part is they put my age in there," she said. "I don't think that was nice."

http://news.yahoo.com/75-old-pilot-explains-encounter-f-16s-181854047.html

When I read the report all I could think about was those f-16 pilots must have had everything and the kitchen sink hanging out to slow down enough to pace a Kitfox.

Even then, probably more like slow flybys.

Elvisio "negative ghostrider, the pattern is 73 years old" rodriguez

I over flew what was supposed to be a closed Navy training base in southern Mississippi once in a C-172. Was intercepted by a couple Navy training jets. T-3's I think. When I finally got the base commander on the phone, longest 3 hrs of my life, I was told we were not in trouble. That was just a heads up because many people didn't know the base was reopened.

F-16 pilots always slow down to check out other "cute" aircraft don't they? I actually think I saw these pilots at the Wendy's drive through last week, must have gotten hungry.:P

Then there's the joke about the F-16 pilot and the C-5 pilot. F-16 pilot's all cocky and macho and radios to the C-5 pilot, "betcha can't do this!" and launches into a few bad-ass moves. So the C-5 pilot radios back, "okay watch this"....

Nothing happened for a while so the F-16 radios back, "I didn't see anything, what did you do?"

"I got up to go to the bathroom in the back."

:D

or something like that. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

F-16 pilots always slow down to check out other "cute" aircraft don't they? I actually think I saw these pilots at the Wendy's drive through last week, must have gotten hungry.:P

Then there's the joke about the F-16 pilot and the C-5 pilot. F-16 pilot's all cocky and macho and radios to the C-5 pilot, "betcha can't do this!" and launches into a few bad-ass moves. So the C-5 pilot radios back, "okay watch this"....

Nothing happened for a while so the F-16 radios back, "I didn't see anything, what did you do?"

"I got up to go to the bathroom in the back."

:D

or something like that. :P

A very similar one from the Viet Nam era:

An F-4 Phantom is flying alongside a B-52 Stratofortress. The F-4 does a few rolls and such around the B-52.

The B-52 pilot radios:"Well, that was pretty good, but I bet you can't top this."

The F-4 pilot watches for a minute or two, and then radios:"What are you going to do?"

The B-52 responds:"I just shut down 3 engines. Your turn."
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

I wouldn't say they always do, but it can happen. One of my coolest flying experiences happened on a cross country in a Spartan Executive that took us through a MOA. When we called for clearance to fly through, we were approved, but told to be on the lookout for a few military aircraft working low level. About half way across the MOA, two A-10s came up in formation with us. They flew along side for a few minutes, gave us a thumbs up and went on their way.

IMO, these 30 nautical mile TFR's, temporary flight restrictions, are a little ridiculous. They throw a huge wrench in many aviators' ability to fly when they like. I've sat grounded at my DZ on a beautiful sunny day because the Prez was in Seattle, giving some speech, 28 miles away!:S Is that much "protection" really necessary?:|

IMO, these 30 nautical mile TFR's, temporary flight restrictions, are a little ridiculous. They throw a huge wrench in many aviators' ability to fly when they like. I've sat grounded at my DZ on a beautiful sunny day because the Prez was in Seattle, giving some speech, 28 miles away!:S Is that much "protection" really necessary?:|

You never went tu Russia and the local Pres was in town.... [:/]
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

100km radius...
When I went to St-Petersburg, Vladimir Poutine decided to visit at the same time[:/]
That, plus some weather, some military wanting more money and stuff... [:/]
Gave more time to visit the local beauties :)

scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM