shropshire

Has Spielberg completely lost it?

Just watched 'Falling skiesShite' ... W.T.F over?

THE END.

I've only seen bits and pieces. I need to see the beginning through the end of the first season to make an honest assessment...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I understand credits confuse people, but Spielberg is listed as the Executive Producer. I don't believe he writes, directs or actually does anything on the show more creative than being the parent organization that puts up money, admin and legal team.

I'm sure he was pitched the idea and gave Rodat a sack full of cash to make it. He may have has some smallish input and ideas, people like that always do, but I seriously doubt he's involved day-to-day.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Well I just watched Capt America :D remember being a teenager and a sex scene came on tv when your parents were in the room? Well it was as embarrassing as that just watching it.:$:$:$ Awful.

When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

it's been screening here for about a month, on Foxtel.
I wont watch it. The pre-season constant ads and bombardment we got was enough to tell me it's shite.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm not trying to be defensive. Lots of of American TV and movies suck. I've seen a lot of British shows though, and it doesn't come across well. Maybe it's just me........I do love old Benny Hill shows though...;).....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weijnvNCxqY&NR=1........or........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPwhY5RzeGk&NR=1.........[:/]...............That was "Family Guy", of course, not Benny Hill.

Life is short ... jump often.

I'm not trying to be defensive. Lots of of American TV and movies suck. I've seen a lot of British shows though,

It IS just you
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That's fine... To each his own.

But you're wrong of course:P:P:P:P
If Benny Hill is the pinnacle of humour then I guess that, Monty Python, Black Adder, the Young Ones, Fools and Horses, Dad's Army, Vicar of Dibly, Fawlty Towers (or flower twats), Yes Minister (and prime minister), Red Dwarf, 'Ello ' Ello , The Office, Phoenix Nights etc.... etc... just went WOOOSH - but that's O.K ... sad but O.K:)

But we're Way Off topic..... Falling Skies , IMHO is not good enough to be aired.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

That's fine... To each his own.

But you're wrong of course:P:P:P:P
If Benny Hill is the pinnacle of humour then I guess that, Monty Python, Black Adder, the Young Ones, Fools and Horses, Dad's Army, Vicar of Dibly, Fawlty Towers (or flower twats), Yes Minister (and prime minister), Red Dwarf, 'Ello ' Ello , The Office, Phoenix Nights etc.... etc... just went WOOOSH - but that's O.K ... sad but O.K:)

But we're Way Off topic..... Falling Skies , IMHO is not good enough to be aired.

I have to agree with you! My wife loves the show and I think it's predictable and just plain trash. It reminds me of the old 1950's sci-fi films that I watched as a kid. You know... the girl is being chased by the space alien and has to stop and look back and gets snuffed. We'd be in the theater and yell at the screen for hr not to stop... just run!:D I read a good book while my wife watches 'Falling Skies'. I give it 2-thumbs down.

Chuck

No, it isn't just him. British TV has always been wanting. I like UK, & the British people. W/precious few exceptions, your TV has always been pretty bad stuff, though. FWIW, you've always had very good musicians, though.

No, it isn't just him. British TV has always been wanting. I like UK, & the British people. W/precious few exceptions, your TV has always been pretty bad stuff, though. FWIW, you've always had very good musicians, though.

You can say that again! Those folks gave the world... The Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, The rolling Stones, The Beatles and so-on.:)

Chuck

You can say that again! Those folks gave the world... The Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, The rolling Stones, The Beatles and so-on.:)

None of which exist without the American music that came before them. Chuck Berry, Little Richie, Elvis, Richie Valens, The Big Bopper, Buddy Holly . . .
quade -

None of which exist without the American music that came before them. Chuck Berry, Little Richie, Elvis, Richie Valens, The Big Bopper, Buddy Holly . . .

Which probably would never have existed with Africa:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Righty-o, which never would have happened if folks from England hadn't been so all fired hot on the idea of slavery. ;)

Next?
quade -

Righty-o, which never would have happened if folks from England hadn't been so all fired hot on the idea of slavery. ;)

Next?

No next, you've just proved our point. England is responsible for all great music, end of discussion;)

(And our TV comedy knocks the bollocks out of yours!)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Next?

No next, you've just proved our point. England is responsible for all great music, end of discussion;)
(And our TV comedy knocks the bollocks out of yours!)

Ok, I'll agree that TV show where members of Parliament get to take the piss out of the PM is pretty f'in' funny.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah . . . ";)
quade -

you're saying Yank YV is better when compared to Brit TV..

Well, end of argument.
You prove my point that Yank TV panders to non thinking morons
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"You prove my point that Yank TV panders to non thinking morons"

That may well be true. I haven't been a TV watcher in 15+yrs. While TV nowadays is crap. When I've sampled UK TV over the years. It has been crap2. We weren't arguing. We were having a fun exchange. Then, you threw in an insult. Right back at you, sunshine...

Edit to add: The BSG series a few years back rocked!! Caprica showed promise until it was wrongly canceled as well. I'm not sure how much of those were Canadian, though.