shropshire

Has Spielberg completely lost it?

"You prove my point that Yank TV panders to non thinking morons"

That may well be true. I haven't been a TV watcher in 15+yrs. While TV nowadays is crap. When I've sampled UK TV over the years. It has been crap2. We weren't arguing. We were having a fun exchange. Then, you threw in an insult. Right back at you, sunshine...

Edit to add: The BSG series a few years back rocked!! Caprica showed promise until it was wrongly canceled as well. I'm not sure how much of those were Canadian, though.

The better shows that Yanks are putting out nowadays seem to be coming solely from places like HBO.

The main issue I have with most of the movie and TV productions from there is that they seem to feel it a requirement to treat the audience like idiots who don’t have the ability to reason or infer, therefore they dumb everything down to a point of mindless banality.

This is not true of most Brit productions,

Let’s not forget here, that I am neither Brit nor Yank. so I'm not flag waving here, I just truly believe that Yank TV and movie production houses treat their audiences like morons.

ETA.Oh and another thing,,, you lot dont know how to "Take the Piss":ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

You can say that again! Those folks gave the world... The Moody Blues, Led Zeppelin, The rolling Stones, The Beatles and so-on.:)

None of which exist without the American music that came before them. Chuck Berry, Little Richie, Elvis, Richie Valens, The Big Bopper, Buddy Holly . . .

That's a true story!
Muddy Waters after hearing The Rolling Stones said; "Those English boys got it down!" Chuck Berry, at one time, knocked Keith Richards on his butt, too. :D:D

Chuck

Falling skies?
Watched it last night, the 2 hour end of season thing...WOW WHAT A STEAMING PILE OF CRAP!
My god! The worlds worst special effects!
The worlds worst acting!
Plot...what freaking plot?
The idea sounded good but the execution is just a flaming pile of crap on a stick!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I dont' know man it was crap if you ask me!
Bad writing bad acting and really bad special effects.
Could have been so much better.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!