3fLiEr

Classic Whuffo Questions

But I have this big steel tank full of compressed air to breathe! What could possibly go wrong??

I tell tandem passengers who have scuba dived that our sport and theirs have the same concern . . . running out of air.:P

You know, I really don't mind dumb whuffo questions too much. I've taught for so many years I've heard almost all of them. Questions you can give answers to, even if you're stifling a chuckle at the same time. I do get tired of dumb whuffo statements about our sport, many of them as derogatory as they are ignorant.[:/]

I know this is an old thread but I had a couple more I wanted to add, I've not long had my A license and im already getting asked them,
1st one was from a guy at work after i told him about RAPS training and he asked do you have to do a reserve pull in the sky tell him no just need to know how, then hes say if he was doing it he would want to just to check it works??? lol didn't know what to say.

2nd was my dad today, at the moment im building my first rig up and was talking about the main canopy im buying, and hes comes back later and asks how do you know it works i say what do you mean, his reply how do you know that it will work, didn't know what to say but it will, he just shakes his head and walks off lol:ph34r:

Spank the

I got one of the surprisingly common ones last night from an old friend from graduate school that I see once every couple of years or so.

Him: You still jumping out of airplanes?

Me: Yup, still having a great time.

Him: So how many skydives do you have now?

Me: Just over 800.

Him: So you're jumping by yourself now, right? :S

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

a couple high school students that come out on weekends and pack. That one really blows thier minds.

We had a ten year old that used to pack student rigs. She did a great job, never packed a mal. Was hilarious - "uhh... is that little girl supposed to be messing with that parachute?" "Yeah, she's packing it, that's the one you'll be jumping."

I've always told folks that the only reason my parents had kids was for packers. Was packing by 6 years old for $.50! And yes, the 1st time jumper is scared shitless when they discovered that!

Whuffo's: For years when questioned about my religion and jumping on Sunday's, I always replied:
I get closer to god every weekend than most folks do in a lifetime. Was a good answer for 20 years until about 4 years ago when chatting with some whuffo parents. Their 10 yo daughter looked up and said:
Yea, but he keeps sending you back! :o
I about lost it, I was speechless.[:/]

Hi Fly-r,
Eons ago, had a girlfriends' mom ask a bunch of typical whuff ?? One was about fall times so I say from 12,500' ya' can do about 60 seconds till ya pull your chute at 2500'. She says,"MY GOD!, How can you hold your breath that long!!!!???"
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

Over heard at lost Prairie:

Do you think they do this all the time or just this week every year?

Not such a silly question, i know of folks who only do the odd boogie or two. Their currency sucks:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Over heard at lost Prairie:

Do you think they do this all the time or just this week every year?

Not such a silly question, i know of folks who only do the odd boogie or two. Their currency sucks:S

Maybe it's cuz they like to keep their 'currency' in their wallet:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Whuffo's: For years when questioned about my religion and jumping on Sunday's, I always replied:
I get closer to god every weekend than most folks do in a lifetime. Was a good answer for 20 years until about 4 years ago when chatting with some whuffo parents. Their 10 yo daughter looked up and said:

Okay, THAT is funny! :D:D:D
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

Whuffo's: For years when questioned about my religion and jumping on Sunday's, I always replied: I get closer to god every weekend than most folks do in a lifetime. Was a good answer for 20 years until about 4 years ago when chatting with some whuffo parents. Their 10 yo daughter looked up and said: Yea, but he keeps sending you back! :o I about lost it, I was speechless.[:/]

That was pretty good. Thanks for the laugh.

When I bought my first rig all of the components were used and I told my parents that I'd bought a rig. My mom looks at me and asks me "You bought a USED parachute?" I looked back at her and said, "Yea, they aren't like rubbers, you can use them more than once!" My whole family still cracks up over that, especially when they ask me what I'm doing this weekend and I respond by saying that I'm gonna go jump my used parachute.

Okay, THAT is funny! :D:D:D

:D:D:D Very funny!! I was laughing so hard and then had to explain it to my coworker.. :$:P
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

"Yea, they aren't like rubbers, you can use them more than once!"

So, you're not from a Scottish family?

Turn it inside out and wash the fuck out of it.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message