Cinders

Thick skin vs Left Hook

My job requires thick skin that would make an M1A1 tank flinch. But watching the way some people at the DZ treat others is deserving of a blanket party.

They can tell me why I suck and they're great all day long, but it really pisses me off to watch a nervous newbie trying to fit in and stay out of the way get chewed out for crossing paths of the local skygod.

Just had to vent. Some awesome people out there, but I hate that the few dickfaces try to ruin it for all.

I hear you. People who say all skydivers are wonderful people haven't met some of those I've come across.

But I do think there are fewer 'skygods' than there were back in the day. Used to be that a few years in the sport and a few thousand jumps made some people look down on lesser mortals - but with the standard of training now, and tools like the wind tunnel, it's a much more level playing field.

All's good.

Treat the person as you see fit and they skygods will be thought of as such in a short time.

Skygods are assholes in all avenues of their lives.
However, its ok for someone to have a bad day and leave a bad 1st impression.

Make sure that skygod is the correct word to use.

(FYI- skygod use to be a GOOD name to be called. Then the self proclamation came into play.)
My photos

My Videos

Time to name and shame the dickheads - they deserve it after all.

As my mommy says - "Treat folks how you want to be treated"

If that were the only law there was,..
And if it was, you could treat others the way they treat you. (That must be the way THEY want to be treated.)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

Kharma works in weird and wonderful ways ;)

I have found in life in general if you ignore / discount the dickfaces what goes around comes around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtUBV7hB9KQ

That right there is the ultimate karma video! Some people just deserve to be removed from the gene pool!
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You know... I wish the H*ll you had put a warning on that post about the vid's content. Not everyone enjoys seeing people decapitated. Are you always so quick to judge others? Maybe he was only trying to scare his friend on the bicycle? He might not have meant to make contact @all. All I saw was a few teens horsing around. That's what teen boys do. Do you have any boys? Do you want strangers enjoying his filmed death because they misunderstood his intent?

My job requires thick skin that would make an M1A1 tank flinch.

What kind of work do you do?

They can tell me why I suck and they're great all day long, but it really pisses me off to watch a nervous newbie trying to fit in and stay out of the way get chewed out for crossing paths of the local skygod.

Sounds like you got a lot of big fish in a little pond.:P If they were really that good they could tell you how to improve.

For the noobies in the pattern. Doesn't low man have right of way? That means the swooper needs to avoid YOU. Of course, you do need to be predictable in the pattern. Doing "S" turns on final is a bad idea. :)

Sorry, didn't feel a warning was necessary as there was no blood or graphic body parts content.

Yeah I have kids and I was once a kid too. I'm sure the kid on the bike would have found kissing the pavement after being hit by a door from a moving SUV just hilarious [:/]

There is WAY too many people in this world who have to hurt other people to feel good about themselves. :( I believe it's called bullying.

Treat people the way you want to be treated, if you hurt yourself or kill yourself while trying hurt someone else, then too bad.

"If you're gonna be stupid you better be tough" John Wayne.

Anyways I apolgise for not putting a content advisory on my previous post.

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

Again, you're assuming he had bad intent. Teenage boys do far worse things in the name of fun. They're all friends afterward, as well. You can't tell the whole story from a few seconds of video. Is there anyone who watched the vid, & didn't immediately know the kid was decapitated by that oncoming fender? Blood & body parts weren't necessary.

Apology accepted.

>All I saw was a few teens horsing around. That's what teen boys do.

Yep. And sometimes that leads to death - via getting hit by a car door, decapitation, or (more commonly) dying in a crash. I'm sure he didn't mean to kill the kid on the bike, and would have been sorry if it had happened. Likewise, I am sure he did not mean to fall out of the car and get killed, and would be sorry he did that if he were able.

In all cases, though, you could reasonably predict the outcome of trying to hit people with car doors - and it's not a good outcome.

>Do you want strangers enjoying his filmed death because they misunderstood his intent?

No. But if a stranger saw that and said "hey, I didn't think about that happening!" then it might just do some good.

Sorry about the unintentional thread hijack, Cinders. I hear what you're saying. I've met a lot more good than bad so far. I think those guys are in the minority. Oh yeah, what type of work do you do? Make an Abrams main battle tank flinch, huh?

He had bad intentions because he was hanging out the door to (maybe) yell "What_Up?!" to his (maybe) pals? Yeah, he screwed up. Lotsa of kids do. It doesn't warrant the death penalty.

He didn't get the Death penalty ... He killed himself No one else to blame here.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

He had bad intentions because he was hanging out the door to (maybe) yell "What_Up?!" to his (maybe) pals? Yeah, he screwed up. Lotsa of kids do. It doesn't warrant the death penalty.

He didn't get the Death penalty ... He killed himself No one else to blame here.

I wanna know who is paying for the damage to the rear of that car, tail light and panel work is bloody pricey$$$$
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think you are right... I did a few quick Google searches; the consensus seems to be that 1) the video is real; 2) the car he fell into was parked; 3) he survived with facial trauma requiring a lengthy hospital stay.

Here is one link: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/does-anyone-know-whatever-happened-guy-298404/3/

and another: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12529395

It's hard to feel bad for someone who is seriously injured while trying to bully or scare someone else, but for what it's worth I'm glad he wasn't killed.

I think you are right... I did a few quick Google searches; the consensus seems to be that 1) the video is real; 2) the car he fell into was parked; 3) he survived with facial trauma requiring a lengthy hospital stay.

Here is one link: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/does-anyone-know-whatever-happened-guy-298404/3/

and another: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,12529395

It's hard to feel bad for someone who is seriously injured while trying to bully or scare someone else, but for what it's worth I'm glad he wasn't killed.

I was the one who filmed it, me and my friends make videos, that day we were bored, and the person that fell out, named matt, nicknamed mullet. Saw one of the kids, that he knew, and what he liked to do as a joke was smack them in the back of the head, they always do it to each other. So I thought it would be funny to film it, he rolled down the window and was gonna reach out and smack him, but since the new cars windows only go half way down, he couldent reach. So he opened the door, and was hanging onto the door, but the kid on the bike swerved in closer, and mullet lost his balence after the door hit the back of his bike seat, and fell off. He didn't die.

pv8man999: and for the rest of the people that say things like .."I'm glad hes dead he deserved what he got"...with out any facts...those people can go to hell
antipop59: well let's clarify one thing. The people who saw the video and made that kind of comment were under the [wrongful] suspicion that Mullet was attacking a random kid. If this had been the case, what would you think. I'm curious
pv8man999: well if that were the case if I were a random person and I KNEW that's what they were doing...I might have said something similar

pv8man999: He had both sides of his jaw broken, 5 missing teeth, broken nose, and also the jaw bracket that holds the front teeth in, and his eye got cut.
pv8man999: he was hospitalized in the university of chicago childrens hospital and he had to have lots of surgery
pv8man999: also the back of his skull was cracked and they had to stop the bleeding before anything
pv8man999: in his brain
Question: how old was the kid
pv8man999: 14

I'm flat-out amazed the kid didn't die instantly. It sure looks like that car was moving in the opposite direction. Even still, it looked fatal. So, he wasn't bullying some random, innocent kid. They were in fact friends who were simply horsing around after all. It sounds like he had a subdural bleed, too. One incredibly lucky kid. I'm betting he learned from the experience. I've certainly done some stupid sh*t as a kid. I'm betting others here have too. How about you give the kid a break?