skyjames

WFFC

So I have been getting my airshow fix doing Oshkosh, and this thread was going on, while I was working up there. I missed it entirely until tonight. You guys are all making me lonesome for all of the hard work, hot days, sleepless nights and all of YOU! I would come home from the WFFC after having been there for 4 to 6 weeks, since that is what it took to put it together, put it on,and put it to bed. I would have no voice, no cash and no skin (burned bad, year after year). Man, I would do it again in a heartbeat!
hey Mark, did I miss a call from you?
Beth
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]

12 WFFC attended

Quincy 1994-2001
Rantoul 2002-2004, 2006

Jumped the Boeing 727 jet multiple times, including naked. Ten years later, made the second (official) load from the Perris DC-9. Organized a 36-way out of a Hercules C-130. Partied like a rock star and made hundreds of friends. Had sex in freefall with a beautiful woman. Jumped demo rigs and tiny canopies for free. Watched people die. Learned how to live.

That’s the short version...

RIP and BSBD to all of the WFFC brothers and sisters who are no longer with us. For me the list includes:
Beezy Shaw, Chris Martin, Bruce “Buddha” Berger, John Appleton, Mariann Kramer, "Sparky" Lang, Pops from the Hellfish Gang, Johnny Gates, and Todd Jacobson. Sorry to those I forgot.

Long live the Convention.

RIP and BSBD to all of the WFFC brothers and sisters who are no longer with us. For me the list includes:
Beezy Shaw, Chris Martin, Bruce “Buddha” Berger, John Appleton, Mariann Kramer, "Sparky" Lang, Pops from the Hellfish Gang, Johnny Gates, and Todd Jacobson. Sorry to those I forgot.

Amen brother [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Attended 1999, 2000 in Quincy and 2002 in Rantoul.

Twas a fantastic boogie.

I can hear Johnny Gates now.....Muff Muff Muff...Yahoo!.

Fast Eddie throwing beads to the crowd.

Beth, what say you?

And Scotty Carbone riding around in his golf cart dressed up in fishnets and lingerie.

B|B|B|

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Attended 1999, 2000 in Quincy and 2002 in Rantoul.

Twas a fantastic boogie.

I can hear Johnny Gates now.....Muff Muff Muff...Yahoo!.

Fast Eddie throwing beads to the crowd.

If we could find about a thousand skydivers who each would chip in a hundred bucks, we could get it going again! Or a hundred who had a thousand each or,,,
Anyway, if we had had it this year, I would still be sleeping now, and would have missed all of these nice posts. It took me at least a month to catch up on my sleep once I got home!

Thanks for all of the good thoughts and memories. It's tough to remember all of the friends we have lost through the years, but it's wonderful to remember the times that we had with them, and I wouldn't have met any of them, or any of YOU if it hadn't been for the day I offered to volunteer in the Registration tent of the WFFC.

Beth, what say you?

skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]