skyjames

WFFC

Checked just about every boogie out...
Only takes two to party, but there was something about being around 2~3 thousand jumpers same place same time :-)

Mud, and being unable to sleep because of the noise all night come to mind.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Checked just about every boogie out...
Only takes two to party, but there was something about being around 2~3 thousand jumpers same place same time :-)

Mud, and being unable to sleep because of the noise all night come to mind.

Like Woodstock, eh Professor? ;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

I don't have words to say how bad I miss Quincy and Rantoul. I really thought that there would be some national level boogie to take its place, but it seems there's no support for anything larger than a regional boogie. Sad state of affairs in the sport.
Skydivers don't knock on Death's door. They ring the bell and runaway... It really pisses him off.
-The World Famous Tink. (I never heard of you either!!)
AA #2069 ASA#33 POPS#8808 Swooo 1717

and being unable to sleep because of the noise all night come to mind.

A damn good reason to drink yourself into a stupor.

And we have a winner! Can't sleep? Have another beer!

I miss the WFFC as well. Interestingly enough, it'd be tougher for me to get there now that I'm on the other side of the country. But I'm sure I'd still be up for the roadtrip if the convention ever comes back!

Elvisio "only my liver is happy the convention is gone" Rodriguez

I don't have words to say how bad I miss Quincy and Rantoul. I really thought that there would be some national level boogie to take its place, but it seems there's no support for anything larger than a regional boogie. Sad state of affairs in the sport.

Rantoul would have us back. I believe Don is standing in the way of someone else doing it.

There will never be another event like the convention. The sport has changed.

>There will never be another event like the convention. The sport has changed.

Yep. And will keep changing. At one of my first Quincys (93? 94?) I remember talking to a bunch of older skydivers (including George Galloway at one point) all of them looking around the tents and lamenting how skydiving has become too commercial, this was more like a carnival than a boogie, Freak Brothers was so much better, people were getting spoiled by square reserves, there were too many booty suits, too much pink shit etc etc.

>There will never be another event like the convention. The sport has changed.

Yep. And will keep changing. At one of my first Quincys (93? 94?) I remember talking to a bunch of older skydivers (including George Galloway at one point) all of them looking around the tents and lamenting how skydiving has become too commercial, this was more like a carnival than a boogie, Freak Brothers was so much better, people were getting spoiled by square reserves, there were too many booty suits, too much pink shit etc etc.

Yep, if you weren't being blown away (and I mean literally-- '91 or '92) what fun was it? Oh, fun times, those. B|
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Rantoul would have us back. I believe Don is standing in the way of someone else doing it.

There will never be another event like the convention. The sport has changed.

The "no set landing direction except in the main landing area" these days would cause some people to probably stroke out. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I made it to 2006 convention and had an incredible time.

Jumped the jet, did a HALO, helicopter, skyvan, and CASA, as well as many Otter jumps.

I was so bummed that it was the last one, but I'm glad I got at least one before it was all over.
__

My mighty steed

Jumped the jet, did a HALO, helicopter, skyvan, and CASA, as well as many Otter jumps.

I was so bummed that it was the last one, but I'm glad I got at least one before it was all over.

I got to 8 WFFCs and the one I had the most fun at was the first year at rantoul.

Oh yeah, that and more. Pitman Stunt plane, an attempt at a 40 way Magic Carpet Ride out of a C130 with the MUFF bro himself Johnny. Somethings can never be replaced. If you woke up early enough even the balloon jumps were a blast.

If you were there for Carbone's wedding to much fun.

"exit fast, fly smooth, dock soft and smile"
'nother james

Is anyone here that was there when Don flew his MIG that night...the hundred foot fly-by over the big-top at over 500 MPH???

:)
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

If it wasnt for WFFC I would not have met some of the most amazing people!!! I made so many great friends thanks to that boogie :)

She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto