pincheck

Metal free

well had 4 pins inserted in my right foot when i had my motorbike crash 16 weeks ago. Damn painful when banged:o three 16" running down the length of my foot inserted under the toes and one running across from side to side in right side.

So went in yesterday evening and had my operation under general anesthetic to have them removed up at 6 am this morning fasted from midnight then in for 09:30 out by 10am and recovered for 10:30. So lunch jug of water and come 15:30 discharged home :)

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I'm metal free too! JohnMitchell got the pliers out and took my naval ring out in preparation for my MRI which was canceled at the last min. and rescheduled for next Monday. So I'll be metal free all weekend. Your metal removal doesn't sound like it was as much fun as mine though. Hope you feel better soon!! Good luck with the PT!
** Motorcycles are dangerous! :S

well had 4 pins inserted in my right foot when i had my motorbike crash 16 weeks ago. Damn painful when banged:o three 16" running down the length of my foot inserted under the toes and one running across from side to side in right side.

So went in yesterday evening and had my operation under general anesthetic to have them removed up at 6 am this morning fasted from midnight then in for 09:30 out by 10am and recovered for 10:30. So lunch jug of water and come 15:30 discharged home :)

I fell off a chimney working about 14 years ago and landed on my left foot and it snapped in half basically. Had 4 16" pins going straight through my toes and one 4" pin through the side holding it together.

It sucked. It takes a while for all the tendons and soft stuff to heal after the pins come out.

Good luck. They'll probably tell you to walk on it as much as possible, the more you use it the better it will heal.

Hey Pincheck, gonna change your name to PinFree?;)

quite possibly :D:D I was just surprised at how fast i was discharged guess it was turning down the offer of painkillers twice that day :ph34r::D:D, well to be honest no pain just stiffness is all got to wait for the wounds to heal for walking god do i need to walk you won't stop me :D:D:D

I've pretty much seen everything there is to see on the internet, but the line "three 16" running down the length of my foot inserted under the toes and one running across from side to side in right side." made me gag a bit.

DO NOT WANT!

I've pretty much seen everything there is to see on the internet, but the line "three 16" running down the length of my foot inserted under the toes and one running across from side to side in right side." made me gag a bit.

DO NOT WANT!

well when they gave me the appointment at the fracture clinic for the surgery yesterday for the removal i did get a look at the x-rays and it looked well scarey but god does it feet better now :D:Dcould only see 2 of them as the big toe had one under it going into my skin :D:D see the fun trying to see the damn thing ;)

really if i wanted you to be sick would have you looking at my foot at 6 weeks

Not safe for squeamish, you can see ends of the pins :D:D
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9483441@N07/5831485055/

the dent is deep at toes 2,3 no further skin graph, for plastic surgeon said it would be pointless now waiting for the swelling to go down further. Just so it can be stitched closed B|:D:D

Thinking is its a lot better now than at that stage Graph has mostly taken and is a healthy colour with the Dent being treated medical grade manuka honey:)
recovery is going well:)

DO NOT WANT!

I had never heard of an external fixator until I came out of surgery to find one of these on my arm back in 1996: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/External_fixation
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

DO NOT WANT!

You would have cringed at seeing James Cazer's ankles after his canopy collapse back in the mid 90's.

You know those halos that people with neck injuries have put on them to stabilize broken vertebrae? He had them on his feet/ankles. Yikes! B|
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Recover soon....sounds like you're on your way. But I bet going through metal detectors at airports would've been fun had those stayed in. ;)

That would have been a unhelpful complication:D:D

As it always happens to me was stopped at Dublin Ireland airport flying back to Edinburgh a month before my accident. Well because i had my camera and tripod in the bag not only did i set the bloody walk through off 3 times before they gave up:D:D,They also made me empty my bag and put it through again :ph34r:by which time i had 4-5 trays and a unpacked back which they passed me back. I was n't impressed and neither where the people behind me but got some nice aftershave in duty free to cheer myself up :D:D:D