JohnMitchell

Vskydiver's LFL Gear Raffle 2011

Hi Everyone,

It's Summertime, and once again Vskydiver and I are putting on the Leap for Lupus Charity Event at Kapowsin Airsports in WA August 19th thru 21st. As some of you may not know, Valinda (Vskydiver) has lupus, an auto-immune disease that turns the body's own immune system against itself. It's effects can range from chronic fatigue and joint and muscle pain all the way to organ failure and death. After having been in a coma and almost losing her life to this disease several years ago, Valinda decided to fight back by raising funds for medical research.

Leap for Lupus is an accredited 501(c)3, so all your donations are tax deductible at the end of the year. Since we're an all volunteer, self funded foundation, 100% of the funds from the ticket sales will go directly to the University of Washington Division of Rheumatology where they are researching the causes of and treatments for this disease.

Please take a minute and look over the great list of prizes we have here. And a HUGE thank you to all these great manufacturers and suppliers that have donated these amazing prizes. I can't tell you all how much their support means to us. :)

Leap for Lupus Raffle Prize List 2011

50% off a custom INFINITY Container System, from Velocity Sports Equipment

30% off base price &15% off options custom VECTOR 3 Micron, from United Parachute Technologies.

HD170 Stealth Action Camera by Drift Innovation, from Chuting Star

VISO II Electronic Altimeter, from Larsen & Brusgaard

ALTITRACK Analog Display Altimeter, from Larsen & Brusgaard

50% off Altimaster N3 altimeter, from Alti-2

30% discount coupon on a Vigil AAD, from Vigil USA

$700 discount off a new Icon Pro Harness Container System, from Aerodyne Research

$500 discount off retail price on an Aerodyne Main Canopy, from Aerodyne Research

50% off The Competition RW Suit, w/options, from Body Sport USA

50% off The Crater Suit, w/options, from Body Sport USA

50% off Body Sport Freefly Pants, w/options, from Body Sport USA

30 Minutes Tunnel Time, from iFlySeattle

15 minutes Tunnel Time, 2 chances to win, from iFlySeattle

HypEye D Pro camera control system, from HYPOXIC

$75 off any Bonehead Helmet, from Bonehead Composites.

Skydiving Pendant Necklace, handmade fused glass jewelry, from Sky High Pendants

Raffle Tickets $5 each or 5 for $20

You need not be present to win.

For those who are present at the Leap for Lupus Boogie and NW Women's Record Attempt on August 20th at Kapowsin Air Sports in Shelton, WA, we also have a list of local prizes, from gloves, gear bags and free jump tickets, all the way to a free custom V-Max RW suit by Vskydiver. :)

To buy tickets, simply PM me here on DZ.com. Checks via the mail work the best for us but we can also arrange alternative payments. Thanks again, everyone, and have a great summer jumping. B|

John Mitchell

Coincidentally, I put my check in the mail this morning. B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You can also buy tickets on our web site. https://www.wepay.com/tickets/view/123861 I don't have all the sponsors up yet on our page but I'm working on it. I'm not very good at web design. :$ When you buy online a tiny portion goes to the wepay people but it's better than not getting any tickets at all if that's the only way you can do it.

Again, thanks so much for your support! I've had a very hard year and had to go back on chemo all winter/spring. I've been off it for about 2 months now but I'll probably have to go back on it again soon. My doctor was reluctant in giving me this long of a break. I'm really hoping that they will come up with better drugs through this research if not a cure.

Another note: We had a girl come to the boogie last year that had lupus. She had gathered $500 in donations for the LFL and got a free tandem jump. I jumped out with her and of course she had a great time. She was preparing to do it again this year but sadly she passed away from her lupus this last May. This is why we're working so hard for this research.

I hope to see many of you at the boogie!!

Thanks to everyone who's purchased tickets today. Isn't that a great prize list? I only wish I could buy some. [:/]:D

I thought I'd put the address for checks right here in the thread. If by some chance your check doesn't arrive in time (August 19th) we'll hold on to it and get in touch with you. But over the years that has not been a problem.

Send the check to:

Leap for Lupus
14202 143rd Ave. Ct. East
Orting, WA 98360

Thanks again,
John

Roo's coming? All right! B|

Sweeet! I get to jump with Roo! I get to jump with Roo!;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Just bought a few on wepay :) I really want to come out but we are in Cannon Beach the weekend before then in San Diego the weekend after then Vegas the next. Not sure I can convince the wife we should just make the month complete and fly out there for the boogie but i'm going to try.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Thanks, John, it'd be good to see you all again. Hey, I remember you won some good stuff in this raffle before. Good luck to you again. :)

I did well 2 years ago not a damn thing last year so I doubled it this year ;) Would be good to see you guys too. I have 160k Skymiles so it wouldn't cost much of anything to come out just need to convince the wife it is a good Idea LOL

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

Hi there John and Valinda!

I'll get the check in the mail tomorrow for 5 tickets please. Keep up the great work and I wish you the best in your health. I would love to come out there for the boogie, but unsure of my schedule and childcare at this time- I'll let you know though- we have to cross paths eventually!! In the meantime, I hope the raffle is a big success and you are able to raise a lot of funds towards a cure.. I know it's hard to understand what living with health issues is like for those who haven't been there, but you are in my thoughts, and V you are a strong woman!! <3

blue skies,
Robyn
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

You can also buy tickets on our web site. https://www.wepay.com/tickets/view/123861

Thanks, everyone, for buying tickets. The sales have been great. We really appreciate it.

Just a reminder to anyone using the web link above to order tickets. Leave some kind of contact info, whether cell phone, email, etc. We want to be able to get in touch with you when you win that prize of your dreams.B|