JohnMitchell

New state Women's Record, WA

I just had to stroll over to the Bonfire and show you this picture. This is what Vskydiver had been working on and recruiting for so many months.

As part of the Leap for Lupus Fund Raiser this year we were attempting to set a new state (and Pacific NW) women's record. The old record was 25, set at Bremerton in 2005 at the first LFL event, just a year and a half after Valinda almost lost her life to Lupus. This one, 26, was set late in the afternoon this Saturday, August 20th, at Kapowsin Air Sports in Shelton, WA.

The awesome photo was taken by Doc Stroup, our hard working camera man for all the jumps. B|

Congratulations to all the amazing and hard working women that made this skydive work. B|

I just had to stroll over to the Bonfire and show you this picture. This is what Vskydiver had been working on and recruiting for so many months.

As part of the Leap for Lupus Fund Raiser this year we were attempting to set a new state (and Pacific NW) women's record. The old record was 25, set at Bremerton in 2005 at the first LFL event, just a year and a half after Valinda almost lost her life to Lupus. This one, 26, was set late in the afternoon this Saturday, August 20th, at Kapowsin Air Sports in Shelton, WA.

The awesome photo was taken by Doc Stroup, our hard working camera man for all the jumps. B|

Congratulations to all the amazing and hard working women that made this skydive work. B|

Congrats to all the participants:)

:)
Congrats!! not to mention it was on their 1st attempt!!
(the beer flowed freely, with an excellent dinner :P) Thanks John and V for all the hard work you guys do to throw such an awesome boogie!!
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

Thanks to everyone for their support, donations and buying all those raffle tickets!;)

I'm so exhausted... I had to get up this morning for a dr. visit and then I went straight back to bed and have been using my laptop in bed for the rest of the day. It's going to take me a while to recoup my energy! :S Not to mention all the sore muscles, weird bruises everywhere and the laryngitis from yelling so much after the record was set!

The event was much more than just a women's dive. Although I have to say that was pretty spectacular! If you haven't seen the vid, it's posted on Facebook. It was an edge of your seat moment. We'd made three prior practice jumps with the main group before we added the last three participants and extra plane into the mix.
I also made three jumps chasing tandems for people that raised $500 or more for the charity and got to make a free Leap for Lupus. John took them on tandem and I chased them and held their hands in free fall. It was really awesome!

One girl came to make her tandem jump later afternoon on Sunday. She was making the jump for her friend Anita who jumped with me last year after raising funds for the LFL. Anita was going to do it again this year but she lost her life due to Lupus this last May. So Nori came to make the jump in her stead. The winds had picked up greatly and I usually don't jump in high winds, but this had to be an exception. I couldn't miss jumping with Nori in memory of Anita. Thanks to DangerRoo for going out to the field to catch me so I wouldn't blow away! That was a scary one coming down in those kinds of winds! As soon as I saw her and Dan running towards me as I descended the last few feet, I knew I'd be OK. B|

All went really well with this years event. The sun came out to play all weekend, which is an awesome thing around here! B|

Thanks again for making this such a success this year. I wish you all could have made it out to the event! We couldn't have done this without you!

Thanks guys for making it such a memorable experience. I don't think I ever imagined I would be on a record jump and the feeling afterward is so difficult to describe....it was truly a life altering experience. I am humbled by the talent that I was surrounded by.....the ladies I jumped with were amazing !!! I learned so much from this experience - so for that I thank you all. I have found 25 new friends that I get to share a moment in time with. Overall....very cool! :)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

Doing video and stills for the event was awesome - great fun, and an honor to be asked to be involved, not to speak of so much fun to see the love of my live, LadyDiver participate and kick ass:)
John and Valinda organized a great event for an even greater cause, and it was wonderful.

"We saved your gear. Now you can sell it when you get out of the hospital and upsize!!" "K-Dub"

"

Thanks for the great pic. Here's one that I took. I like it. :)

It looks like I'm holding up the Vigil wind blade but in reality it was holding me up. :D

Interview on the NW Women's record jump today on KOMO radio at 3:30! Wish me luck! I'm not much of a public speaker! B|[:/]

It looks like I'm holding up the Vigil wind blade but in reality it was holding me up. :D

Interview on the NW Women's record jump today on KOMO radio at 3:30! Wish me luck! I'm not much of a public speaker! B|[:/]

You will do great Valinda!!!! WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!! So proud of you all!!!

I like the other one on FB,...NO not the bucket one:P:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Hi John,

If you can even score another copy or two, I'll be glad to pay the postage.

OK, note to self: Buy newspapers :P

JerryBaumchen

You can usually get copies of stuff from the paper itself.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo