JohnRich

No more farting, maggots! And that's an order!

More likely a DZO order on that one... please stop farting in the Twin Otter, it makes the pilot upset and I am tired of hearing him bitch about it. ;)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Wow. They are afraid that farting will offend the Afghans? People who wipe their asses with their hand?

By our standards, most people in Afghanistan are filthy, smelly, and highly ungroomed. Farting is, on the other hand (no pun intended), considered about the most vile thing you can do with your body. A comparable level of nastiness in our culture might be eating your own toe jam during tea with the Queen, and then wiping your finger on her hat.

I found this out by farting in front of a local warlord before a meeting one time. For the next eight months, whenever I came in the room he would stiffen up like a rabid dog just walked in and took a shit on the table. No one told us about it before we went over there, but it really is taboo.

PS. They don't use their hands to wipe their asses directly, they use rocks or other debris. Of course, they mostly don't have running water, so if a little shit gets on your fingers, you just deal with it.

- Dan G

Farting is, on the other hand (no pun intended), considered about the most vile thing you can do with your body.

If it's in the jump plane, then I have to agree with them.
I want to skydive only at Afghan dropzones from now on.

Farting is, on the other hand (no pun intended), considered about the most vile thing you can do with your body.

If it's in the jump plane, then I have to agree with them.
I want to skydive only at Afghan dropzones from now on.

You'll fit right in wearing your man-dress...I mean wingsuit.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Or, perhaps he understood that if you had zero problem farting, that you would have less of a problem having a JDAM dropped on his medieval, taliban supporting butt.;)

you're a credit to your folks and nation:S
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I saw this in the Marine corp Times. I laughed because I can see some boot ass officer or captain trying to enforce this. I would pop like a hand grenade if someone tryed to pull that shit with me. (no pun intended)