hcsvader

IELTS English test.

IELTS is the International English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across the globe.

http://www.ielts.org/test_takers_information.aspx

Has anyone ever had to do one of these tests? I have to do one for my Australia permanent resident application. I need to score an 8 out of a possible 9 in all 4 categories to get the points required for my specific visa.

Wondering how much studying I am going to need to do :S
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

IELTS is the International English Language Testing System which tests English proficiency across the globe.

Has anyone ever had to do one of these tests? I have to do one for my Australia permanent resident application. I need to score an 8 out of a possible 9 in all 4 categories to get the points required for my specific visa.

WTF, who told you that you could stay :|

it's an "english" test, not an "australian" test, you'll be fine
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

WTF, who told you that you could stay :|

it's an "english" test, not an "australian" test, you'll be fine

Just remember: it's tyre, and colour (tho being canadian, you'll do fine with the proper spelling of things like colour ;))

PS: I had to take the TOFL English as a second language test for my MBA application (since my undergrad was mostly in french)... My god... 4 hours of my life I'll never get back! lol. If it's anything like the TOFL, you'll do fine.
Remster

Just make sure you don't put "eh" after everything. :P

They have practice papers available that are worth getting.

There are two categories General and Academic. General is normal for visas and Academic is for University entrance but can also be used for visas. The general is much easier but if you haven't written an essay in a number of years practice your handwriting!

The spoken test shouldn't be a problem for any native English speaker. The listening and reading tests are fine, but you do need to pay attention.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Yeah I have taken one. It is very rare for even a native speaker to achieve more than 8. You should really prepare for the test. The time is very limited and you have concentrate for about 3 hours without a break. Don't take this lightly even if you are a very good at English.

Just finished up the test. It was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. The hardest part was definatly sitting there for 4 hours without a break.

Hopefully I did well enough to earn enough points to be eligible for an independent visa, otherwise I will have to do a state sponsored visa and will have to agree to live in Queensland for 2 years :o

Now I'm just waiting for that mysterious birth certificate to show up and all my immigration paperwork will be complete.
:)

Have you seen my pants?

Just finished up the test. It was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. The hardest part was definatly sitting there for 4 hours without a break.

Hopefully I did well enough to earn enough points to be eligible for an independent visa, otherwise I will have to do a state sponsored visa and will have to agree to live in Queensland for 2 years :o

Now I'm just waiting for that mysterious birth certificate to show up and all my immigration paperwork will be complete.
:)

Fuck off we dont want you.

I heard that some women were Robbed in the NT recently:ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

That was probably the same sentiment held by the original residents of Oz when the English started sending your ancestors there.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

That was probably the same sentiment held by the original residents of Oz when the English started sending your criminals there.:P

there, fixed it for you!
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

That was probably the same sentiment held by the original residents of Oz when the English started sending your criminals there.:P

there, fixed it for you!
no you didnt fix it, there was nothing wrong with ryoders post.
"your criminals" does not fit the structure or context of his statement.
Stick to what you know best.:S
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

crawl back under your stone, and stop bothering to reply to my posts, git.

you made a feeble attempt to belittle me and my nation and you get pissy when called on it. Speaks volumes for you.
Just another one of your Fails:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I heard that some women were Robbed in the NT recently:ph34r::ph34r:

I heard the same thing happened this weekend in Airlie Beach :o
Bloody hell, something needs to be done about that Robber:D:D:D
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Well my stress levels just went up a bunch.

Seems QLD is no longer offering state sponsorship options for tradies, Vic has no available spots for my trade, NSW has sponsorship options but in really crappy regions....

Squeak, you better hope I did well on that engrish test or it looks like I'll have no choice but to accept sponsorship in WA.
:P:P:P

Have you seen my pants?

Well my stress levels just went up a bunch.

Seems QLD is no longer offering state sponsorship options for tradies, Vic has no available spots for my trade, NSW has sponsorship options but in really crappy regions....

Squeak, you better hope I did well on that engrish test or it looks like I'll have no choice but to accept sponsorship in WA.
:P:P:P

That's Ok you wont be Robbing ME:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Anyways we already have a you here. We call him Pedder:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

you made a feeble attempt to belittle me and my nation and you get pissy when called on it. Speaks volumes for you.

yea, your bullying speaks volumes for you too. dont worry, you and ritchard gale must be the prime of ozzies, right!? :D:D:D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

yea, your bullying speaks volumes for you too. dont worry, you and ritchard gale must be the prime of ozzies, right!? :D:D:D
bullying:ph34r::ph34r: sorry sweetie did I upset you, have a lollypop, and here a pat on the head to make you feel better
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

bullying:ph34r::ph34r: sorry sweetie did I upset you, have a lollypop, and here a pat on the head to make you feel better

i dont want no lollypop from you because i know where it came from! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

From here
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

From here

awww.. that is SO cute..

i still think you're a bully! :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda