hcsvader

Hanging up my rig...

For a while anyway...

It sucks, and I am kinda of scared.

I will be hanging up my rig for an unknown amount of time. I am not quitting the sport, I am just going to do some other things in life that for numerous reasons won't involve jumping.

I am excited as can be about these new adventures, but at the same time I am very tempted to just take my rig and this huge pile of cash I have ang just go live in a tent in Eloy and jump my fucking brains out for the next 6 months... but the more I think about it, I just can't do that.

Since I have started jumping I have travelled quite a bit. Jumped at over 40 dz's in 4 years, pretty cool hey, yet I feel that I have missed the plot in many of these places that I have visted because I was too busy trying to get out and jump.

I just spent a year travelling around australia jumping at every DZ I could find, going to every boogie I could and after a year in Australia it feels like haven't experienced much of it at all. When I wasn't jumping, I was working 12 hour days 7 days a week trying to make money for the next boogie.

In a couple of weeks i am putting my life into a backpack and heading off on a new adventure and leaving my rig behind.

I'll see ya when I see ya :)
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I just spent a year travelling around australia jumping at every DZ I could find, In a couple of weeks i am putting my life into a backpack and heading off on a new adventure and leaving my rig behind.

I'll see ya when I see ya :)

Umm you didn't travel AROUND OZ, you did the east coast thing:P:P:P

Who's looking after your Rig Rob, I'm happy to if you like., it will be well secure and in good hands here.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Do what makes you happy..........( don't sell your rig though )...........:S

Hi hcsvader

Sounds like it's time to take a break for a while. Been there done that:|

Definately keep your rig but if you got a AAD that has a limited shelf life in your rig you might want to consider selling it before it depreciates any further.

We got bit in the butt on a cypress that we had stored for 6 yr's. read the requirements for the 4 yr and 8 yr check very carefully.

R.I.P.
One Jump Wonder

Im not selling my rig, although I have really thought about it.
Senfing it to a rigger for safe keep and to get some wrk done on it. Cypres need it's 8 year done so Im having that done. I help off on downsiing this year knowing that this ight happen so that when i come back I will still have a canopy that is very familiar to me.

There is just way to much uncertainty with what I will be doing with myself in the next year. It's all very exciting and I have absolutely no idea where I will end up.

It's gonna be fun :)

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Like my ol' Irish dad says:

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
Fear is the thief of dreams.....

Like my ol' Irish dad says:

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Or don't let the door smack you on your arse as it closes:P

have a great trip

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Next month marks a year since my last jump. I know I won't jump again for at least a year and a half. It sucked handing over my rig for safe keeping, but this last year has been worth taking the time off.

The sky will be waiting for you when you're ready to return :)

Don't see the problem mate. I have a number of different interests and some times. Time wise its not worked out for jumping or one of the others sometimes i can combine them other times i can't, that's life.

One thing i have learned Don't be a one horse pony, as it makes you appreciate the interests all the more :)
Good luck with the traveling my Niece went on a 2 year round the world trip with he boyfriend couple years ago and i was just surprised she came back :D

Billy-Sonic Haggis Flickr-Fun

I know what you mean about travelling with the rig... I've been to Empuria many times, but I don't feel like I've ever been to Spain :D:D:D

It's all good... Sometimes ya need to jump; sometimes ya need something else. Just try to do what makes you happy :)

"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

Next month marks a year since my last jump. I know I won't jump again for at least a year and a half. It sucked handing over my rig for safe keeping, but this last year has been worth taking the time off.

The sky will be waiting for you when you're ready to return :)

Not for me, I got new gear! :D:D:D:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message