Jump33542

Ring found at Skydive City/Zhills

Wedding band found at Skydive City Zephyrhills -- inscribed Camilla. Contact me to claim.

Wedding band----------How many members?

found--------Inplace or wondering

Skydive City Zephyrhills-------fun and :D with a gentle west breeze.

inscribed Camilla------That must have been fun!

Sorry for my stupid comments concerning your good deed.:)

Oh; from the title I thought you meant that a sleeper-cell Al Quaida spy ring was operating out of Z-Hills, posing as ordinary skydivers.

Whew.

I thought maybe Mt Doom had spit the ring back out... and it landed there. You could always lead a Fellowship back to Mordor.

What is it with skydivers losing their wedding rings? I found one at Perris 30 yrs ago. I turned it in to manifest and forgot all about it. About a year later, I was paged, went up to manifest, and Lou told me no one ever claimed it and handed it over to me. I wear it on my thumb. :)

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

I was jumping at a dz in ontario last summer when a tandem student lost their $1000 gold necklace that they were warned against wearing for the jump. Sure enough, it came off during the jump. Dude spent all weekend loooking for it, even went out and bought a metal detector. LZ was surrounded by corn fields... He gave up looking.

Few days later one of the staff members there was out walkng his dog in the morning, after the dog did it buisness and he was picking it up he noticed something shiny in the grass.... sure enough, he found the lost gold.

I am also pretty sure that someones engagement ring is still out in the LZ at ESC... probly buried now due to the landscaping.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

I was jumping at a dz in ontario last summer when a tandem student lost their $1000 gold necklace that they were warned against wearing for the jump. Sure enough, it came off during the jump. Dude spent all weekend loooking for it, even went out and bought a metal detector. LZ was surrounded by corn fields... He gave up looking.

Few days later one of the staff members there was out walkng his dog in the morning, after the dog did it buisness and he was picking it up he noticed something shiny in the grass.... sure enough, he found the lost gold.

I am also pretty sure that someones engagement ring is still out in the LZ at ESC... probly buried now due to the landscaping.

I'm guilty of losing a necklace on a jump. Never had any issues with it before that jump, but I forgot to take off a ring and didn't realize it til we were in the plane. Stuck it on the necklace, and lost it all. That was a sad day, but I certainly learned my lesson. Glad the girl found her necklace.

Hope this guy/gal come looking for his/her ring!

What is it with skydivers losing their wedding rings? I found one at Perris 30 yrs ago. I turned it in to manifest and forgot all about it. About a year later, I was paged, went up to manifest, and Lou told me no one ever claimed it and handed it over to me. I wear it on my thumb. :)

Funny ... I was just contemplating starting a thread about this; I keep meeting people (i.e. guys) that have somehow "lost" their wedding rings. A skydiver friend explained this to me with a succinct sentence: “skydiving men are cheating bastards … while skydiving women are attention whores” :S.

O

Funny ... I was just contemplating starting a thread about this; I keep meeting people (i.e. guys) that have somehow "lost" their wedding rings. A skydiver friend explained this to me with a succinct sentence: “skydiving men are cheating bastards … while skydiving women are attention whores” :S.

O

WOW.

I bet lots of guys have lost theyre wedding bands due to skydiving........and ttheyre wife and house and pension money........

but, there are a few, like me, who got a wedding band, wife, house, pension, ... well, maybe not the last 2, due to skydiving. :)

Working ten years in heavy manufacturing I saw very few people wearing rings, watches, or any kind of jewelry (stud earring only, if any).

Every hear of a ring avulsion? Its nasty.

MILES OFF TOPIC, but: right before I got hitched, I was contemplating wearing my wedding ring "normally." Skydiving, firefighting, rescue squad: all of them had high hazards for just what you describe, but I thought "nah, it'd never happen to me." Then, just a few weeks before my wedding day, a guy on a fire engine in the same district as my rescue squad was getting down from the engine on an EMS call (the most mundane, boring kind of call most firefighters could ever imagine) and his ring got caught on the hook onto which he was hanging his radio headset. His (considerable) weight was already bounding down from the fire engine, and he couldn't stop himself in time. He lost is left ring finger as a result.

Hearing that so close to my wedding day snapped me back to reality. My wedding ring (other than my wedding day and the honeymoon) has resided on a loop around my neck.

Elvisio "never a fan of hand jewelry anyway" Rodriguez

Did you ask in manifest if anyone is registered with that name? Maybe they can help you track all the Camillas down.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

At a small DZ in north Florida, my wife lost a diamond engagement ring on a Saturday. We looked all around, couldn't find it and them planned on renting a metal detector to bring back on Monday. Late that Sunday we got a call from the DZ that someone had found it by accident, just wandering around!

For the record, I've never worn a wedding ring, I find rings uncomfortable, have been with the same woman since 1976, and don't pretend to not be married.

My wife won't allow it!
Dano