Nataly

Gimme a tip, dammit!

I'm against all tipping. I'd rather pay a little extra for the food. I still have and do sometimes but rather hate Americans attitude of entitlement.

+1

Tipping NOT wages and should NEVER be considered so.

It's a nice way to say thank you, but taken to extremes in America:o

Yah.

What is it with the attitude that the customer MUST ALWAYS TIP? And why on earth should I be making up to the waiting staff? Finding something unique to say to them, smiling and joking with them? Just to get decent service? WTF?

I dont want decent service, just bring me my food and fuck off, if I want or need anything I have a voice and will ask for it.
Leave me the fuck alone to eat in peace.
When i am done I am more than able to walk to a till and pay.

= decent service, to me.

Oh, and decent service is what the waiting staff is paid for, I think. So I'm not going to tip for it.
Next Mood Swing: 6 minutes

Problem is .. they ([cough] over the pond) get so worked up about ... they get their little calculators our and think it's such a big deal ........ They've made a rod for their own back ........ It kills me from laughing so much.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Problem is .. they ([cough] over the pond) get so worked up about ... they get their little calculators our and think it's such a big deal ........ They've made a rod for their own back ........ It kills me from laughing so much.

I know! I know!

(I'm laughing myself to death with Damn You Auto Correct right now :D )

Ya I suppose we wouldn't tip either if our people were cheap, ugly and mean like the English.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Ya I suppose we wouldn't tip either if our people were cheap, ugly and mean like the English.

Goddamn it, you're right. At least they can think up a halfway decent insult though. :P

So you're saying being cheap, fat, and stupid is better? :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

So tipping is all about YOU and how much of a great benefactor YOU are and not about the service ... right:S

You've got this whole thing fucked up beyond belief .. tipping is about appreciation of good service NOT paying someones wages - that's the Business Owners responsibility.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

:D

Goddamn it, you're right. At least they can think up a halfway decent insult though. :P

It's not my problem you find the truth insulting.

If you want to be insulted, come on over and play with me in the SC...:)

So tipping is all about YOU and how much of a great benefactor YOU are and not about the service ... right

No, I believe in bad tipping too...

Trust me...flipping a quarter to a waiter says a lot more than no tip.

tipping is about appreciation of good service NOT paying someones wages - that's the Business Owners responsibility.

this is so nicely stated

expectations of tipping is a burden on customers - that reduces their experience

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

tipping is about appreciation of good service NOT paying someones wages - that's the Business Owners responsibility.

this is so nicely stated

expectations of tipping is a burden on customers - that reduces their experience

I doubt it would matter...the extra cost to pay the waiters more will still be passed off to the customer.

this is so nicely stated

I doubt it would matter...the extra cost to pay the waiters more will still be passed off to the customer.

you're only talking $$$'s, I'm talking the experience

and then it would be explicitly listed as the price on the menu for the customer to know exactly what he is buying (already including the labor cost) - not as the marked down menu item AND a subjective tip that's now an expectations rather than a reward

service issues would be handled by customers complaining to management or by them not going to the establishment.

excellent workers would be paid more by management because it brings in more customers - why should service fields not have to price in labor to their pricing structure - everybody else does

why, as a customer, should I have to go and purchase two things when all I want is one thing - dinner?

- heck - the servers would actually know what they are getting paid too.......what a concept

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

this is so nicely stated

you're only talking $$$'s, I'm talking the experience

and then it would be explicitly listed as the price on the menu for the customer to know exactly what he is buying (already including the labor cost) - not as the marked down menu item AND a subjective tip that's now an expectations rather than a reward

service issues would be handled by customers complaining to management or by them not going to the establishment.

excellent workers would be paid more by management because it brings in more customers - why should service fields not have to price in labor to their pricing structure - everybody else does

why, as a customer, should I have to go and purchase two things when all I want is one thing - dinner?

- heck - the servers would actually know what they are getting paid too.......what a concept

Well, people would still tip 'em on top of that higher wage, and we can't have the lower peasants of society making that much cash! It's against our american values...The system would collapse....oh, wait.[:/]

So tipping is all about YOU and how much of a great benefactor YOU are and not about the service ... right

No, I believe in bad tipping too...

Trust me...flipping a quarter to a waiter says a lot more than no tip.

I've heard of some other ways of saying it better too. One was taking the change and putting it in the glass of water. Put a napkin or something over the cup and turn it over upside down onto the table. :ph34r: Something like that anyways.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

Have you seen your fellow countrymen?
:D:D:D:D:D they take fat and stupid to a whole new level.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yep...Big girls are beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSK91mUNLU
there's a fair share a fat arsed men there too
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yep...Big girls are beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSK91mUNLU

Yep...hardworking men who have built this country. A country that everyone hates, envies and mimics...The Great Satan, and you guys loved every fuckin' minute of it...you sick bastards.

Yep...hardworking men who have built this country. A country that everyone hates, envies and mimics...The Great Satan, and you guys loved every fuckin' minute of it...you sick bastards.

Most of the men I am referring to could hardly be called "hard working", if they were they would not fall into the "fat arsed" category
and MY GOD you dont half talk a load of shite:ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Babe, I wasn't insulted even though that's what you were trying to do. Unless you think calling someone cheap, ugly and mean is a compliment? ;)

this is so nicely stated

Completely agree.

Good thread for entertainment value though:D
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Babe, I wasn't insulted even though that's what you were trying to do. Unless you think calling someone cheap, ugly and mean is a compliment? ;)

Insult sounds so negative...I prefer censure.;)