normiss

STEAK!!!

Worcestershire sauce (as well as ANY steak sauce) is a major fail in either the cut you chose or the way it was prepared.
A proper steak should NEVER need sauce.
If you NEED sauce on a steak, you just don't like steak.
:P

Few seasonings prior to cooking is fine and helps release flavor.

I guess it was misunderstood that the Worcestershire goes on BEFORE cooking - absolutly NOTHING goes on after it's cooked, save for some saute mushrooms on the side (or on top if you like)

Jon

Edit to add for Amazon - I always thought that Lea and Perrins was from New Orleans...I learned something today:$

Worcestershire sauce (as well as ANY steak sauce) is a major fail in either the cut you chose or the way it was prepared.

Some of that cheap crap that SHOULD have been ground up into burger might need seasoning..... a LOT of seasoning... but a good rib eye.....I could never ....nor would I want.... to change any of that flavor of the meat itself.

Far too many people like to get rid of all the flavor of the meat.... and in someplace like an outdoor market in friggin Africa with "bush meat" hangin and getting rancid.... the spices certainly help with keeping you from gagging from that rancid meat smell and flavor.. but good bovine.. from a good butcher...

NO WAY are spices needed.. EVER.:ph34r:

I guess it was misunderstood that the Worcestershire goes on BEFORE cooking - absolutly NOTHING goes on after it's cooked, save for some saute mushrooms on the side (or on top if you like)

Jon

Edit to add for Amazon - I always thought that Lea and Perrins was from New Orleans...I learned something today:$

DUUUUUDE.. its a Heinz product.. same difference..as pouring on tomato sauce... yucka pucka... Get a Rope!!!!

From WIKI...

Lea & Perrins is a United Kingdom based food division of the H.J. Heinz Company, originating in Worcester, England, with a subsidiary in the United States which manufactures Lea & Perrins in New Jersey. Lea & Perrins was part of the HP Foods company that was bought by Heinz from previous owner Danone in 2005

With a hunk of meat that big or bigger, plan ahead a week or so, and dry age it. Well worth the 10-20 % weight loss. The flavor and texture dividends are enormous. :), but I'm with a lot of those here that think sea salt and pepper are all you need.

lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Dear Lord! I've never had such deliciously dirty thoughts about a piece of meat. (at least of the bovine variety) Treat that steak like a lady: dont overdress it and take your time. I'm completely drooling right now. ..... I think I have some lamb in the freezer.... mmmmm

Mmmm Steak....

eeneR loves good steak.... :)

Nobody... really?? NOBODY is taking this one??

Fine!

eeneR loves good TUBE steak.... :)

FIFY
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

The only flavoring a good steak needs is the sear on the outside (which, BTW, is for flavor. It does not "seal in the juices" at all. :S) Maybe a dash of salt and pepper, but none of those other things are needed for my taste buds.

With that said, I will occasionally marinade some sirloins, but not often. :)

Mmmm Steak....

eeneR loves good steak.... :)

Nobody... really?? NOBODY is taking this one??

Fine!

eeneR loves good TUBE steak.... :)

FIFY

I think everyone was saving it for you.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Looking at the photos it is too damm red,
it hasen't been hung long enough, the meat should be
deep red and the fat a dark creamy colour..

How it's cooked is personal preference but 3" on a BBQ
would be challenging,

Gone fishing

Cell phone photos aren't the best..I picked this one based on the deep red color!

On the grill, 5 minutes per side over the fire, then up top at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Perfectly seared/crusted, nice warm pink center, I would say it came out perfect.
This is the largest and thickest steak I have ever cooked!

Andrea is having a steak salad today. ;)

Well Done,,, normiss !!!!!

and that is NOT how i like my steak...:P;)

it's in regards to the fine job YOU did, in creating what looks like a Wonderful Meal..!!!

skymama is a Lucky Girl..... :|

and silly me....:o:SB| ..
all this time....
i've been thinking that normiss..... was the LUCKY one...!!!!

in truth, You BOTH are...!!!
carry ON....

:)jimmy...
p.s. my salivary glands just kicked in....when i saw your photos...

The steak looks awesome, where did you get those plates?

Dillard's, but they're a few years old so I don't know if they're still available. I've also seen them at Kohl's before.

I wouldn't recommend the stonewear type plates. They look great when they're new, but they chip very easily and the color isn't baked though so they end up looking bad. Kind of embarrassing when you're serving guests.

The steak was a great addition to my salad today. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Some of that cheap crap that SHOULD have been ground up into burger might need seasoning..... a LOT of seasoning... but a good rib eye.....I could never ....nor would I want.... to change any of that flavor of the meat itself.

Far too many people like to get rid of all the flavor of the meat.... and in someplace like an outdoor market in friggin Africa with "bush meat" hangin and getting rancid.... the spices certainly help with keeping you from gagging from that rancid meat smell and flavor.. but good bovine.. from a good butcher...

NO WAY are spices needed.. EVER.:ph34r:

That's right! Wipe it's ass... run it over the grill and serve it! ;)

Chuck

The steak looks awesome, where did you get those plates?

Dillard's, but they're a few years old so I don't know if they're still available. I've also seen them at Kohl's before.

I wouldn't recommend the stonewear type plates. They look great when they're new, but they chip very easily and the color isn't baked though so they end up looking bad. Kind of embarrassing when you're serving guests.

The steak was a great addition to my salad today. :)

yea, the plates are really nice actually!

and the steak looks awesome too..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

yea, the plates are really nice actually!

Thanks! I like them too, I'm just glad he didn't post one of the chipped ones. :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon