normiss

STEAK!!!

So I have a three inch thick, three pound cowboy steak I'm grilling tonight.
I've not had the "cowboy" steak of a bone-in ribeye before, nor quite this thick.

Over charcoal (DUH!), no wood chips added, I think it needs olive oil rubbed on it while it comes to room temp (hour or so), then a dusting of sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and some fresh garlic.... other suggestions?

And no, you're not coming to dinner. She is!

Over charcoal (DUH!), no wood chips added, I think it needs olive oil rubbed on it while it comes to room temp (hour or so), then a dusting of sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and some fresh garlic.... other suggestions?

Cover with worchester, add Lawrys season salt, good to go with garlic, but rub in some McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning.

I ENVY YOU...YOU BASTARDB|

I would never insult this glorious piece of meat with Worcester sauce!

Montreal steak has sea salt and roasted garlic in it already, no need to over dose on sodium.
I LOVE Montreal steak seasoning, but we're fighting a different steak here....and I'm thinking less added flavor would be better.

God I'm going to be salivating by the time I get home.

I would never insult this glorious piece of meat with Worcester sauce!

Montreal steak has sea salt and roasted garlic in it already, no need to over dose on sodium.
I LOVE Montreal steak seasoning, but we're fighting a different steak here....and I'm thinking less added flavor would be better.

God I'm going to be salivating by the time I get home.

As thick as that is, There will be PLENTY of the devine red meat that the coating will just enhance!

I just showed the picture to my dad and told him how you're spending our retirement on meat now. He said, "you don't have to ever worry about Mark retiring, he'll be dead from high cholesterol before he ever gets there." :ph34r:

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Mmmm.... that looks good.

I have a 7.0 CF chest freezer being delivered next Friday, and shortly after that I will pick up the 1/4 cow that is in my friend's freezer. Tasty, grass-fed, hand-raised cow.

Drooooool...
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Cover with worchester, add Lawrys season salt, good to go with garlic, but rub in some McCormicks Montreal Steak Seasoning.

Tasty meat doesn't need sauces, herbs, or spices. A little sea salt on the outside does the trick nicely.

WHY OH WHY do people have to adulterate a very good piece of meat with all that crap....:S:S

A rib-eye must be savored for its own flavor... not a bunch of bottled crap that comes out of bottles shiped from NEW YORK CITY!!!.

suggestions......

well since you asked... try adding a bit of Oregano, as you cut into that good looking steak...!
Dried or fresh... Hit it, one piece at a time, in case you don't care for it.. THEN you won't have "ruined the Damn thing",,, and more importantly :o... it won't be MY fault...:):S.:o:P;)B|:)
oh and skymama... !!!
if your Father is Right.. and Fathers usually ARE!!!!.. ;)
simply go out today, and get a million dollar Insurance Policy on ole' Normie !!!..

and then....
Hell,,,,, LIGHT that fire !!!!! and
enjoy....;)

as for us Poor Folks out here...[:/] well
we're havin' Beans !!! for dinner !!! and leftover bread....And water....

:| jmy

Should Mark be posting his meat in the "...Glory..." thread?

He would make all the other guys feel bad about themselves. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

WHY OH WHY do people have to adulterate a very good piece of meat with all that crap....:S:S

A rib-eye must be savored for its own flavor... not a bunch of bottled crap that comes out of bottles shiped from NEW YORK CITY!!!.

Not just to you Amazon!

GEEEZZZZ people...It's not like I said to cover the fucking thing with ketsup;););)

Nothing wrong with a little spice...we aren't freakin neaderthals(sp) after all - it's ok to add a little spice

Worcestershire sauce (as well as ANY steak sauce) is a major fail in either the cut you chose or the way it was prepared.
A proper steak should NEVER need sauce.
If you NEED sauce on a steak, you just don't like steak.
:P

Few seasonings prior to cooking is fine and helps release flavor.