CloudyHead

Honest opinion about age difference...

I met this girl last night. We clicked.. and i mean REALLY clicked. I'm 28 and she's 19. Is that borderline not cool? Attn Angry fathers: feel free to give me shit -- i want to really know if anyone in my family or her family might have a problem with this by getting a real feel for what the general public has for this specific age difference. I'll be 29 in september and she'll be 20 in november. That almost sounds better for some reason.

btw she is REALLY excited for her first jump. She talks about it with passion, but here's the best part -- she has never even been up in a plane. ever. Even just the opportunity to introduce her to a plane ride gives me a hard on. :|

On the one hand, she is legally an adult. I would also say that sometimes it makes us appreciate the small things when we can see them through the eyes of someone else, who still sees it with wonder and amazement.

On the other hand... I would gather from your post that you feel she is near your level of maturity? At least keep in the back of your mind the fact that she has NOT had the same opportunities for life experiences that you have. Just the fact that she's never flown should drive that point home. Even if all goes well, just keep that in mind and respect the need for her to continue to grow intellectually. And that may be separately from you.

If you respect her and treat her with dignity, I don't see a problem here. I don't predict it will be permanent (you have to wait another year before you can even order wine with dinner with her), but you never know.
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!

were Her plans to make a skydive in Place... BEFORE you met her???

..or did you influence that idea??
Was the place where you met, AT a dropzone... or some Other establishment...??

it's always fun to meet someone , with whom you can BE instantly comfortable.... so that part is good.

i won't speak to the age differnece ,, though if YOu were 39 and she was 29......that would be a bit more palatable than you being 29 while she is 19...:|
Does she live in the Home of her parent(s) ?? THAT factors in too.... ( in which case... gooo slow )

anyway.... skydive safely , wish her well for HER jump...
be careful not to misinterpret her enthusiam for the sport,,,, as enthusiam for YOU... !!!

ps I too was 19 and never in a plane when i enjoyed MY first jump.....!B|;)...
thinking back, i wouldda been a Happy HAPPY Boy !! had i met a 29 year old Woman !!!...... at that time...with whom i "clicked" ..:P:$ but THAT's a different scenario...hahahah !!!

As it was,, instead,, i met a Bunch of different and interesting people,, male AND female, Young AND old.....many of whom encouraged me to continue with Skydiving.. and THAT was a good thing!!!...
good luck..
jmy

.. (you have to wait another year before you can even order wine with dinner with her),....

what a daft law:S

True, but unfortunately for our OP, it's something that will certainly make him think about the suitability of the relationship!

Shut Up & Jump!

.. (you have to wait another year before you can even order wine with dinner with her),....

True, but unfortunately for our OP, it's something that will certainly make him think about the suitability of the relationship!

Not in this case. It's legal in Alberta at 18.
Remster

were Her plans to make a skydive in Place... BEFORE you met her???

..or did you influence that idea??
Was the place where you met, AT a dropzone... or some Other establishment...??

That's the best part.. i had nothing to do with it! Her sister and brother have done their first jump courses and so she was already familiar with it all. she didn't even ask me any crazy whuffo questions! she knew a lot of shit about the course and was genuinely interested.

I met her on an online dating site :S she messaged ME and things went from there. I was doubtful before meeting her and it felt kind of wrong, but once we hit it off we were both very much into each other. Yes she can legally drink here so that's what we did, but didn't get wasted so we weren't influenced. :P Despite her age, she seems like a female version of myself. We share the same opinion about EVERYTHING, and we were constantly finishing each others sentences (like you would see in some cheesy chick flick) because of how much we were on the same level. It was retardedly great.

and yeah she lives in her dads basement right now. [:/]

Not in this case. It's legal in Alberta at 18.

Ah, yes. It does help to look at the poster's info once in awhile! :$

Shut Up & Jump!

Despite her age, she seems like a female version of myself.

I'm not sure if this comment makes you asexual, a hermaphrodite, or so narcissistic that if someone told you to, "Go fuck yourself," that you would consider t a compliment.

Ten year split. Not so bad in later years. Ten year split when she is 19 might lend itself to more of a courtship than a romp... cause if the romp leads her to believe that its more than that... you will have a lot to unravel and re-ravel. I would suspect that even if you agree on a FWB situation that she would think it more. There's a reason women always ask us "which" head are we thinking with... remember that our brains and penis are severed somewhere in the L5 region; whereas, a woman's heart and her vagina are hardwired together.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I usually have to think really hard when someone asks me how old I am. I'm 27, I think.

I've dated girls 7-8 years older and younger than me. They're all fun, just different kinds of fun.
I found the biggest issue with dating younger women 19-20 is that they are just getting the feel for living life on their own and are still figuring out what they want to do with their life.

Older women tend to have things pretty well figured out but the ones Ive dated want to settle down and live boring lifes....

Havent met many women my age who want to do the same things I do in life. Sure it will happen eventually.

I dont see the age difference being a big deal... Just remember to stay cool when her Dad show you his shotgun :|

Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Here's the thing...YOU must think there is something a bit off in regard to the age difference or you wouldn't be asking, remember 'don't shoplift the booty' :ph34r:

Can it work?

Sure...if either she is really mature for her age or you're a bit immature, you are probably at different points in your lives and eventually that will create drama.

But all that being said, the heart wants what the heart wants...have fun & wear your Kevlar!

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I think a girl her age might fall for an older, adventurous man pretty easily so tread carefully. Ask her out, greet her dad properly when he answers the door (you know he'll be there to check you out!) and try to act like you genuinely like her as a person and not just a hot, young piece of ass and you might be able to get her out the door! There's nothing wrong with dating, so go on a date and have fun.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Keep in mind how much your outlook on life has changed between 19 and 29, and consider how this can color the relationship.

You are probably out of college, established in a career, and fairly emotionally stable. A 19 year old isn't always at that point, especially emotionally. You both may be looking for different things from a relationship, and those differences can be exacerbated by the maturity difference.

Age differences seem to mean less when both parties are a bit older. My wife is 15 years my junior, but is in her late thirties. (If I were more specific I probably end up sleeping on the couch tonight).

Have fun, but remember you may have dissimilar goals at this time.
I live with fear and terror, but sometimes I leave her and go skydiving.

Age differences seem to mean less when both parties are a bit older. My wife is 15 years my junior, but is in her late thirties.

The formula accounts for that.

Assuming she's, say, 38, that makes you 53. Thus yielding:

(53/2 +7= 33.5) = (You're not a perv.)

I've been a 19-year-old girl dating a 28-year-old man. It worked just fine for me. We went out off and on for several years, and remained friends after that.

When she acts her younger age, don't take advantage of it. That's really the key -- remember sometimes that she's going to say or do things that will remind you that she's an impressionable 19-year-old, and you'll already know better.

Don't take advantage of her.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)