wmw999

Looking for info -- cloud data storage

Thoughts? I'm looking for something I can put scans of deeds, etc. onto, so that there's an automatic backup.

I'm taking a financial planning class, and the teacher suggested online aggregators as well; mint.com was suggested, but dang -- that just gives me the willies. I'd much rather pay for something like that, rather than have it be someone who's out hustling for a buck.

Anyone got any suggestions, more for file storage? I have access to a dropbox account, but that's not the only one out there.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

word of advice. don't ever pay a company to store backup files for you. Buy a portable hard drive and store backup files in there for free. you'll save in the long run. as for what you're looking for OP... i honestly have no clue what you could use for something to automatically back files up like you're looking for. either that or i have no clue what you're looking for:P:S

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

Mint.com has actually been given good reviews on many reputable sites. I've used Dropbox and am happy with it so far. Our company also has a Carbonite account, but I've never actually tried to retrieve the data yet, but it's also a company that gets good reviews.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My understanding is that Carbonite encrypts your data and Dropbox does not.

Very important, IMO...

All of my sensitive paperwork gets truecrypted before it's backed up.

Never know who will end up with your data on their desk.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Mint.com is owned by Intuit the makers of Quicken financial software. Their goal is to get people more interested in the control of their money and want tools that Quicken offers so they want to get you started on Mint and then sell you Quicken. I love Mint and use it everyday on my phone and my PC. Via using the data from there I discovered a lot more control over my finances since I could see everything at one glance instead of needing to log into 8 websites to know the status of every loan, 401k, savings, etc. Its helped me to actually pay down a lot of debt just since I could see what my total loan balances were instead of just seeing a monthly payment leaving the checking account every month.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com