Amazon

Boats (detached from the truck thread)

Very nice!

I hope you got enough to fill the smoker up.:)
The best salmon catching I have ever done was on Lake Michigan, I use my 14' deep V out there.

It really does a great job as I can go so slow that the bait is keeping pace.

It is a great time when conditions are good.

I can keep it out there up to 5' rollers if they are paced regularly.

It really pisses off the gold jewelry crowd.B|:D:D:D

I swear they think that if you have a really really fast boat it catches fish, I know you understand that one.

I got this boat because it makes a great fishing boat in the big water I like to fish... It might be an older boat.. but the electronics are new.. the engine is new and I am rewiring it to make sure that is up to date as well.

The hull is about as strong as you can get.. the old heavy duty woven roving they used back then is far superior to any of the chopped stuff they have used since then.

It may not be the prettiest little rocket ship looking thing out there.. but so many of the new boats are just damn near unfishable since they have just too much crap in the way... and a bunch of friends who have them... are all worried about getting blood on their pretty vinyl seats.. Friggin yuppies....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

are all worried about getting blood on their pretty vinyl seats.. Friggin yuppies....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I don't care how nice and new my boat will be when I get it, I'll be itching to turn the deck red with tuna blood.

Just don't be a tool and go out that far without investing in a good AVON 6 person life raft... and some Gumby Suits. The water is cold.. and even with the best response time from the CG Aviation unit out of Astoria or the boats out of Cape Disapointment, hypothermia can kill before they can get to you[:/]

I see WAY too many boats out there 50 miles with nothing more than the required CG equipment... and no offshore gear at all.

Just saw this thread...thought I'd throw up a pic to show where my free time and not so free money go.

It's a 1990 16' Majek Texas Skiff with a Johnson 70 on it. Strictly a flats boat perfect for the Texas coast where I live. It floats with no problem in 6 inches of water and I can run on plane in less than a foot without leaving a prop scar. Former owner says he frequently ran on plane in 7 - 8 inches but I'm not interested in digging up the bottom or tearing up my prop, so I keep it to about a foot minimum depth. Lots of protected sea grass areas down here so poling, trolling and drifting is the name of the game.
Killing threads since 2004.

Just don't be a tool and go out that far without investing in a good AVON 6 person life raft... and some Gumby Suits. The water is cold.. and even with the best response time from the CG Aviation unit out of Astoria or the boats out of Cape Disapointment, hypothermia can kill before they can get to you[:/]

I see WAY too many boats out there 50 miles with nothing more than the required CG equipment... and no offshore gear at all.

I'll have a lot of stuff to get before going out that far. I'll also have to go with a buddy boat and have an experienced captain as part of my crew. I've had more salt water pass under my ass while sitting on a shitter than most people have even seen and I'm very comfortable out there, but I've got very little time actually running the boat.

"Your scrotum is quite nice" - Skymama
www.kjandmegan.com

Just saw this thread...thought I'd throw up a pic to show where my free time and not so free money go.

It's a 1990 16' Majek Texas Skiff with a Johnson 70 on it. Strictly a flats boat perfect for the Texas coast where I live. It floats with no problem in 6 inches of water and I can run on plane in less than a foot without leaving a prop scar. Former owner says he frequently ran on plane in 7 - 8 inches but I'm not interested in digging up the bottom or tearing up my prop, so I keep it to about a foot minimum depth. Lots of protected sea grass areas down here so poling, trolling and drifting is the name of the game.

Is there a tunnel up under there?

Here's my current boat. Haven't had her offshore yet, but I would like to.

That looks like it would be fun to share.. with a 45 pound chinook >:(

Tehre is a guy who fishes Bouy 10 on his waverunner. He has a pole holder gut into the cowling....:ph34r:

I'll have a lot of stuff to get before going out that far. I'll also have to go with a buddy boat and have an experienced captain as part of my crew. I've had more salt water pass under my ass while sitting on a shitter than most people have even seen and I'm very comfortable out there, but I've got very little time actually running the boat.

The North Not-So-Pacific Ocean.... has a way of humbling the most seasoned captains.. and then there is crossing the BAR on the Columbia.. or even at Grays Harbor... fun stuff... white knuckles are very becoming in a boat captain>:(>:(

Here's my current boat. Haven't had her offshore yet, but I would like to.

That looks like it would be fun to share.. with a 45 pound chinook >:(

Tehre is a guy who fishes Bouy 10 on his waverunner. He has a pole holder gut into the cowling....:ph34r:

If all goes as planned, I'll be salmon fishing the Big C in it next summer. I think I'll put a trolling motor on it first though. I'll probably get quite a ways downstream in it before being able to net the fish.

www.kjandmegan.com

are all worried about getting blood on their pretty vinyl seats.. Friggin yuppies....:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I don't care how nice and new my boat will be when I get it, I'll be itching to turn the deck red with tuna blood.

t is impressive how many boaters are clueless about how quickly things can turn to shit. Lake Erie is the shallowest of the Great Lakes so it can whip up on you pretty quickly. 6 and 7 foot waves at a 3 second interval will get your attention.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Yeah anytime we dump a body clean fish, we just wash the inside out with some bleach, no worries!

Hahaha! You cock! How's things mate? :)

Edit: Hope you're well to Missus 501 :)

'for it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "chuck 'im out, the brute!" But it's "saviour of 'is country" when the guns begin to shoot.'

I caught this just this morning. It took me quite a while to get this thing in with the light rod and reel I was using. Good thing I had it loaded with braided line because he took several runs that may have spooled mono. He was 37 inches long. I didn't have a scale so I don't know what he weighed. They have to be thrown back over 27 inches which is fine, they aren't good eating that big anyway.

www.kjandmegan.com

my little boat. 1965 Starcraft, 1969 40 Hp Evinrude. Oh, and my 1974 wife. :P

Didn't you say there was a boat in this picture? I haven't spotted it yet...
--------------------------------------------------
Failure to prepare is preparing to fail

I caught this just this morning. It took me quite a while to get this thing in with the light rod and reel I was using. Good thing I had it loaded with braided line because he took several runs that may have spooled mono. He was 37 inches long. I didn't have a scale so I don't know what he weighed. They have to be thrown back over 27 inches which is fine, they aren't good eating that big anyway.

Nice. That's the perfect size to make for a fun little fight in a kayak. In Texas we can keep them up to 28 and get one tag to keep on oversize. You are right though...it's not usually the people that know what they are doing that keep the big ones. Give me 20-24 inch Reds all day and I'm fat and happy.
Killing threads since 2004.

I've been reading about how the population has greatly increased as well as the average size once these slot limits were put in place. I've also read that they aren't very good eating when they get that big. I've also caught some big black drum that were full of worms and I envisioned this fish being wormy as well. Given all of that, it was pretty easy to let him go.

www.kjandmegan.com

Your boat looks very similar to a boat that I worked on years ago out of Grays Harbor fishing for salmon... back in the days when it was profitable. It was named "Water Witch"....nice pics!

I have no idea of the complete history of mine. It had no name on it.. and no discololorations where a nime may have once been on the transom. In some ways it sbeen well cared for.. in others.... I run across things that just make me shake my head... with a WTF was the guy thinking. Sorry but cheap "additions to the galley with crappy non marine plywood... and steel fasteners..... uh yeah... not on my boat.. so I removed a lot of that guys... "enhancements". I can not handle rusted crap on my boat.