Sever not found

For the last few days I've been getting "server not found" errors every so often when I go to or refresh dropzone.com. A few clicks on "retry", and the site comes up. Anyone else having this problem? I'm using Firefox with Frontier/Verizon ADSL. No firewall and no live virus scan. Didn't want to post in error/bugs yet.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Hmmm...I got an error message "Sever not found"!:o

:D

It has been happening about 1/3 of the times I reload this site or click on attached image link for the last few days. Seems like if it's a DNS problem, it would happen on other sites too.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

What's a sever?:P;)

It's a typo, should read "Sewer not found" - Error msg when too much of garbage comes through the line and your 'puter seeks desperately for a way to dispose of it and can't find anything ;)

Back to topic: Haven't come across this msg for ages. Lucky me?
The sky is not the limit. The ground is.

The Society of Skydiving Ducks

It's a typo, should read "Sewer not found" - Error msg when too much of garbage comes through the line and your 'puter seeks desperately for a way to dispose of it and can't find anything

:D
"It's not just a daydream if you choose to make it your life..."

It has been happening about 1/3 of the times I reload this site or click on attached image link for the last few days. Seems like if it's a DNS problem, it would happen on other sites too.

If it was working then a few mins later it's not, it's probably not a DNS server issue, because your computer caches the query for a little while (to reduce your computer having to talk to the DNS server every time you load a page on the site)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Ping it when it happens and see if you get a response.

Take the IP and start connecting to it that way and see if the same thing happens.

Buy a dedicated pron machine and quit using your machine for both.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Rap is to music what etch-a-sketch is to art.

Just now I had the server not found error on Basejumper.com. Using a little app callled Dnslookup 0.8, I Pinged it and got "Error: Invalid QOS provider-specific buffer." Traceroute gave the same error. I hit retry on my browser and the site came up. Using the same app, I hit "resolve" and got the following:

Name: "basejumper.com"
Error: No such host is known. (11001)
Time: 2613.432 ms
Alternate 2 (W2KPro and up):
Error: DNS server failure.
(9002)
Time: 260.384 ms

Hit resolve again and got:

Name: "basejumper.com"
Addr (IPv4): 208.70.245.80
Canonical name: "basejumper.com"
Time: 5.951 ms
Alternate resolution: 208.70.245.80
Alternate 2 (W2KPro and up):
Addr (IPv4): 208.70.245.80
Time: 3.618 ms

-NickDG

Well, it's good to know that it's not just me that's experiencing the problem, but it's difficult to gauge when it's only two of us that it's happening to and the confusing thing is that the same thing happened to me on another site. It would make sense if we were in the same country....

I've got to do most actions 3 times before actually occurring. The first times it just locks up the browser, while chrome tells me the server isn't responding.

I'm going to give it another 12 hours to auto-correct itself, but if it's still doing it tomorrow I will do further investigation.

Last night I had the same problem on pprune.org a couple times, but it happens all the time on dropzone.com and basejumper.com.

-NickDG

Well, it's good to know that it's not just me that's experiencing the problem, but it's difficult to gauge when it's only two of us that it's happening to and the confusing thing is that the same thing happened to me on another site. It would make sense if we were in the same country....

I've got to do most actions 3 times before actually occurring. The first times it just locks up the browser, while chrome tells me the server isn't responding.

I'm going to give it another 12 hours to auto-correct itself, but if it's still doing it tomorrow I will do further investigation.

The site is practically unusable for me:

GForum::Config (5626): Config file 'Data.pm' does not exist in directory '/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Config' or has incorrect permissions set. at /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 99.

~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

It just started for me an hour or so ago.

500 Server errors, Software errors, Internal server errors, it's being very difficult.

Using Microsoft IE. (don't laugh, it works for me)

No issues elsewhere (yet, anyway) either.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Software error:

GForum::Config (6812): Config file 'Data.pm' does not exist in directory '/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Config' or has incorrect permissions set. at /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 99.
For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

using safari
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

same.

Firefox

1600 eastern us time (GMT -4)

Software error:

GForum::Config (6012): Config file 'Data.pm' does not exist in directory '/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Config' or has incorrect permissions set. at /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 99.

Also repeated internal server error 500

Yep, happening to me right now, too. Must refresh 3 or 4 times. I'm getting this message:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I'm using Firefox.

ETA: And now I'm getting this, too:

Software error:

GForum::Config (7748): Config file 'Data.pm' does not exist in directory '/home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum/Config' or has incorrect permissions set. at /home/dropzone/dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GForum.pm line 99.

For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([email protected]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.