sacex250

What? No Amanda Knox thread? Acquitted.

My wife and I were just talking about her last night. I wonder what she's going to do now. Gonna to be hard for her to find a good roommate when she moves back home.

Are you kidding? I'd room with that!
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

I'm just so happy for her. I think of her age being the same as my kids and I just wonder how she's been able to go through this ordeal at such a young age and stay so composed. I also feel for her parents, that must have been horrible for them to try to work and run their lives in the states while worrying about their daughter halfway across the world. I hope the family will be able to recover from this and have a happy life together.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm just so happy for her. I think of her age being the same as my kids and I just wonder how she's been able to go through this ordeal at such a young age and stay so composed. I also feel for her parents, that must have been horrible for them to try to work and run their lives in the states while worrying about their daughter halfway across the world. I hope the family will be able to recover from this and have a happy life together.

I've kept my head out of this story. Do you think she's really innocent? I don't think so but I've not really followed the case.

I've kept my head out of this story. Do you think she's really innocent? I don't think so but I've not really followed the case.

Well, they said the DNA evidence was tainted, so who's to say for sure. I think the third guy, the drug selling Drifter, was probably the person involved. Yes, I'm probably sterotyping drug selling Drifters. I'm sure most of them are very nice people. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

In before the thread is moved to the Speakers Corner. :)

The Bonfire is so dead that I think they're going to keep it here.:D

:D:D:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I think the third guy, the drug selling Drifter, was probably the person involved. Yes, I'm probably sterotyping drug selling Drifters. I'm sure most of them are very nice people. :P

You've just described some skydivers I've known.:P
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I wonder what she's going to do now

Get the fuck out of Italy, for starters.

Beyond that, I'm about 50/50 between tyring to put it all behind her and move on with her life, or cash in via the media and being a 'celebtiry', and end up a drugged-out useless whore like Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan. Could go either way.

Unfortunately once the media circus has got into gear I think it's almost impossible for anyone outside the case to make a completely objective judgement. Without the combination of a sex crime and a young and beautiful defendant, this probably would have been forgotten about in no time - and I expect journalists initially wanted her to be guilty because the murderous femme fatale makes for better press. Likewise they're happy for her to be innocent because a failed appeal wouldn't have made for much of a story, and now they can get some more mileage out of it.

I do believe that nobody's better equipped than the jury on the case to make the right decision. Noone else gets to hear all the minutiae of evidence or watch the witnesses and experts being cross-examined. But of course the uncomfortable truth is that the legal system (in any country) is fallible. Either there was a miscarriage of justice when Knox was convicted, or there's been one with her acquittal. We can only hope it's the former.

This whole affair reminds me of the Madeiline McCann story. Kids disappear all the time - which doesn't make her case any less tragic - but their stories don't have journalistic appeal. I felt sorry for all the other parents of missing children who didn't get the whole world looking for them. And again, her parents have ridden the rollercoaster of media and public opinion, from sympathy to vilification and back again.

Unfortunately once the media circus has got into gear I think it's almost impossible for anyone outside the case to make a completely objective judgement. Without the combination of a sex crime and a young and beautiful defendant, this probably would have been forgotten about in no time

Several reasons why I try to ignore these type of events. I never watched a full minute of the O.J. trials. :|

Thanks for the incisive analysis. :)

On OJ:
I watched the 'high speed chase'. Faith in justice -5
I watched NONE of the trial Faith in justice-23
I saw the acquittal - Faith? right back up to zero.
Invites to OJ parties. Faith in Media -55 (I wouldn't have gone anyway).

Amanda Knox case: I knew she would get home on appeal.
Faith in justice for the dead roomie - immeasurable.

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!