kallend

Fascinating stuff about Cirrus Aircraft

Long!

www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=5751ecf1-73ef-4a3e-af5a-cbe60022dec3

Next episode on Monday.

(Of course, maybe the article's author is crazy).

The author is James (Capt Zoom) Campbell.
He is unquestionably crazy.

http://www.ousterhout.net/zoom.html

http://www.wanttaja.com/zguide.htm

(I am even mentioned on that second link.)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Right up to the Chinese ownership part anyway.....
[:/]

The short term gains that some Americans are making to enrich themselves to the detriment to our country is rather telling. The firesale of our innovative companies and technologies is going to have a profound effect in the future of this country... but what the hell a few people got a lot richer right???

This.. just astounds me:S:S

USAFA had no alternatives???

http://www.aero-news.net/index.cfm?do=main.textpost&id=E8B63558-40B6-4FAA-923D-6CD24531D56F

USAF SR20 Cirrus Photo

As ANN reported July 7, the Air Force Academy will receive 25 SR20 aircraft - designated as T-53A trainers in the customized configuration - starting this summer and continuing through 2012, in a deal reported to be worth $6.1 million.

The Times reports as a "problem" that the aircraft maker's parent company is 100 percent owned by the Chinese communist government. Except for a brief challenge by Minnesota Republican Representative Chip Cravaak, who warned the US Treasury Department in March that the sale could compromise national security, the China angle was largely passed over in reporting of the deal.

In what may come as unwelcome news to economic development officials in Duluth, the Times also found a report in the government-controlled English newspaper China Daily which said, "the acquisition of Cirrus will be an important step for [CAIGA's] global expansion plan, which aims to set up R&D, sales and service centers in China, the U.S. and Europe. The company currently has its manufacturing base in Zhuhai, Guangdong province."

Given the credit facilities and other resources the Chinese government is putting behind its state-owned companies to buy US aviation manufacturing assets at their current depressed prices, these stories may not be front-page news much longer.

The Chinese have always taken a far longer look into the future when making financial decisions.... it seems the get rich quick types here dont give a crap about that. Greed and short term gain... will destroy this country.

Cirrus is a great company and they make phenomenal aircraft.

Think I'm going to fly a SR-20 next week, been wondering how that thing felt in the sky, after seeing them parked all over the damn ramp here.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Too rich for my blood, I'm flying the ol' 172 that keeps the Cirrus' tie downs warm. :D

But, I figure it'll be fun to fly, even if just for another notch in the log book!

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Cirrus is a great company and they make phenomenal aircraft.

Think I'm going to fly a SR-20 next week, been wondering how that thing felt in the sky, after seeing them parked all over the damn ramp here.

Just remember to fly the thing, look outside, and ignore as much as possible the video game built into the panel.

lol, what's with all the hate on Cirrus?

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_14348694#axzz1aDCeW5DH

The tow plane pilot was a good friend of his.

That's sucks, but there's no reason to hate on the aircraft itself.

The airframe itself is awesome. I would fly one myself.
It's the target market that I have a quarrel with.

Which would be??

Which would be??

Underqualified muppets with enough money to buy a false sense of security.

I couldn't afford one of those, so why learn in one?

They are kinda purty and shiney, but I like the ol' 172, makes me think it has to be flown more.

Though, there was a guy my CFI was working on his instrument rating, put the SR-20 on auto pilot thru a cloud, apparently the auto pilot couldn't really compensate for the altitude changes they were getting, so it was climbing, then diving, then climbing, then diving to try to get back on altitude.:D

Which would be??

It used to be V-tail Bonanzas (the Doctor killer) that took this kind of heat. Now it's the Cirrus. Don't you think it's a little ridiculous to paint such a broad generalization? I know several Cirrus owners who are competent and conservative and handle their plane quite well. If they walked down the flightline and climbed into a Mooney or Piper would they be any more capable?
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

Which would be??

That very well may be some of the pilots that are buying the Cirrus, but that is certainly not the "target market".

Cirrus as a company is VERY safety and training oriented. Do you really think their target market is under qualified pilots? Do you think Cirrus enjoys when they have one of their planes go in?

Independent sales might market to those types, but Cirrus does not. They have rigorous training programs and proficiency requirements when they sell to new owners, and for experienced pilots who are buying, they are strongly recommended to go to a Cirrus Training Center and go through the Cirrus Transition.

Which would be??

It used to be V-tail Bonanzas (the Doctor killer) that took this kind of heat. Now it's the Cirrus. Don't you think it's a little ridiculous to paint such a broad generalization? I know several Cirrus owners who are competent and conservative and handle their plane quite well. If they walked down the flightline and climbed into a Mooney or Piper would they be any more capable?

I have no doubt they are regular old Chuck Yeagers. I'm talking more about the CAPS and the F-22 avionics being attractive to people who would rather deploy a parachute than navigate or rather watch a blip on a TV screen than look outside. In reality I'm just a cynic that can't fly airplanes and lost my best friend to an idiot not looking where he was going. Nothing wrong with Cirrus airplanes, or mooneys, or bonanzas.