square3

ZP or F1-11 Pilot Chute?

ZP

Because it wears longer and most importantly, I already own it.

The Pilot chute I'm currently using is a ZP 28 inch with a LOT of jumps on it. The bridle has been replaced but the PC itself is still servicecable.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

How many jumps do you have? Where are you from? What size main and reserve do you jump? How much do you weigh? What's your real name?

I am intrigued that this is your first post on a no-detail account registered almost a year ago, and you know or appear to know what a PC is and the difference between ZP and not-ZP.

I jump the collapsible Cazer made and Infinity sold me with my rig.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

How many jumps do you have? Where are you from? What size main and reserve do you jump? How much do you weigh? What's your real name?

I am intrigued that this is your first post on a no-detail account registered almost a year ago, and you know or appear to know what a PC is and the difference between ZP and not-ZP.

Her name is Mary Farwell and she is from Crosskeys. She sells gear under the name Square3 and if you look real hard you can find her phone number.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

F111 because that is what my rig was designed with.

I have had really nice openings with this configuration, and it seems to be wearing well.

I go with what each manufacturer recommends. I sell ZP aftermarket pilot chutes in the store, simply because the demand is greater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

It's probably Mary from Square 3 and she's getting a feel for what people want and why.

ZP is the way to go for me with skydiving P/C's. Wear being the biggest factor, and consistancey through the life of the PC being the second.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Her name is Mary Farwell and she is from Crosskeys. She sells gear under the name Square3 and if you look real hard you can find her phone number.

Sparky

Looks like you have a apprentice in the Profile nazi arny Sparky:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I have a ZP PC it came with the rig, (a J1). However Sunpath do NOT recommend using it with their rig
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I think Nazi is too harsh in this case. I didn't say anything was wrong, I just asked some questions. I didn't even imply that other people might act in a certain way because the poster's information wasn't filled out, either. And tell me you wouldn't be interested, without knowing anything else, to see someone who for all appearances may have registered a year ago but never made a post. That's some serious PWing restraint! ;)

However, now that I see he or she has posted a bunch of classifieds, yeah, I coulda tried harder to figure it out.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

Sparky

Looks like you have a apprentice in the Profile nazi arny Sparky:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I have a ZP PC it came with the rig, (a J1). However Sunpath do NOT recommend using it with their rig

You can call me most anything and I won't care. But I really take offense at being called a "nazi" anything.
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I think Nazi is too harsh in this case. I didn't say anything was wrong, I just asked some questions. I didn't even imply that other people might act in a certain way because the poster's information wasn't filled out, either. And tell me you wouldn't be interested, without knowing anything else, to see someone who for all appearances may have registered a year ago but never made a post. That's some serious PWing restraint! ;)

However, now that I see he or she has posted a bunch of classifieds, yeah, I coulda tried harder to figure it out.

I'm glad somebody decided to make you police...:S

Besides, everyone has to make a first post at some point, are we going to interrogate them everytime someone does?

Sheesh...
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™

I like F-111. I find I have more consistant openings than with ZP. I use a 32 inch with my Wing suit and a 30 inch for regular jumps. I replace at between 300 - 400 dives.

Since I do around 450 dives a year spread over 3 rigs, it's not a common occurence to replace my pilot chute. I think a lot of jumpers who buy ZP don't last as long in this sport as their pilot chute will.

t
It's the year of the Pig.

I'm glad somebody decided to make you police...:S

Besides, everyone has to make a first post at some point, are we going to interrogate them everytime someone does?

Sheesh...

I see the light now. I offer an unreserved apology for asking questions about the poster I was unable to determine from his or her profile, and I regret the necessary implications any line of questioning would bring, plus any offense I caused the poster or - and this appears to be the real damage - the other readers.

-=-

Part of the point of posters filling in their profiles, I have come to think, is that when they ask a question we better know how to answer. The reason being the question is not always the entire question - the asker matters too.

When an account was created so recently the bits aren't dry, and there's no information, and then that account posts a question, people may assume something. And I haven't commented on that situation, ever. In this case the account was nearly a year old, with zero posts, and now a first post. That looked like a unique and intriguing situation (as I originally said). Obviously something different from the "I have a controversial question and I don't want to use my regular account" fresh-empty-account frenzy.

So, you're quite right that someone has to make a first post at some point. One could similarly say someone has to fill out their account information for a first time at some point, too. A true brown-shirt would say "almost a year - more than enough time to put some details down!" ;)

Damn my unpopular curiosity. Suspicion would be more in vogue.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.

24 inch ZP.Thats what is recommended for a Cobalt main.

Funny how there isn't a container manufacturer that a)recommends, or b)offers standard that size. Funny as the P/C is a componant that belongs to the container.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I agree. I've used a 32" zp pilot chute for almost 1000 jumps but then switched it out to test another system (and some bastard took it!)....now I'm using a borrowed 24" system and it SUCKS for hop n pops. Major hesitation is no fun (imagine an emergency exit) and slow extraction can lead to bag spin, which sucks as much.

I miss my pilot chute :(

Blues,
Ian
Performance Designs Factory Team

There has been some debate recently over which is better. What do you jump, and more importantly, why?

I have rigs with both; Initially, I had a rig with a ZP pilot chute. Then one day I had a PC sneak out the BOC while I was doing loops, and I got all of the following in a split second:

1. Head-down deployment.
2. Horseshoe mal around one foot.
3. Shoe stripped off.
4. Normal opening.
5. View of shoe passing me as I opened at 5K, never to be seen again.

So my next rig had an F-111 PC, so I wouldn't need to worry so much about it slipping out of the BOC. Downside: It's a LOT harder to get INTO the BOC.

I've also had a canopy mfgr tell me F-111 PC's are superior for creating consistent drag during deployment. He didn't elaborate why.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

You can call me most anything and I won't care. But I really take offense at being called a "nazi" anything.

[sincerity on]
Since I posted in open forum I'll apologise in same.
Sparky, please excuse me and my ignorance, I in no way meant to offend you. The reference was meant to be taken in a jovial light hearted manner, which is the spirit it was posted in.
I'm sorry that it offended you.:)[sincerity off]

What would have been a better term, Profile Police? Personal History hound?;):P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?