SpeedRacer

I have a bat in my house

Back when I lived in Dallas I had lived alone with my cat at this time, and after coming home from work, I opened the door and quickly wondered what tornado had hit the inside of my apartment....surely I didnt smoke THAT much weed that I destroyed it this bad...and then I saw it. The cat running sideways on a vertical wall - matrix style - trying to catch a bird that flew down from the chimney. Needless to say from that point on, I always closed the flute when not there.

Not necessarily. Anyway I've done a little reading and I think that many people's fear of bats is way overblown. Bats are not aggressive. Bat bites are extremely rare, and when they do happen it is nearly always because someone tried to pick up a wounded bat with their bare hand.

Less than 1% have rabies, and even rabies doesn't make them aggressive.

Not worried about getting bit. They make a hell of a mess where they roost. Very dangerous,unhealthy situation.

Do you know where they are getting in? Time to plug up the hole.

I thought I did. There's a trap door to the attic in the closet ceiling of the spare bedroom. I thought I had reset it. Maybe I need to nail it shut or something.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

It could be worse, you could be a Slug God. An old buddy of mine, everywhere he goes, his doorstep attracts garden slugs. By the dozens. Certain times of year its like some gruesome self sacrifice where they throw themselves to their inevitable sticky doom underfoot as a demonstration of their devotion. Touching, but icky.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Why do these stupid bats have so much trouble seeing the door and flying through it? I thought they had sonar.

Dunno, why did that stupid hummingbird at The Farm keep trying to get out via the skylight when the fucking huge gigantic hangar door is open?

Animals, you just never know...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Do you know where they are getting in? Time to plug up the hole.

I thought I did. There's a trap door to the attic in the closet ceiling of the spare bedroom. I thought I had reset it. Maybe I need to nail it shut or something.

If bats are getting in the attic, you need to find where they are getting through. You don't want bat guano anywhere.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I live in an attached house and share the attic with neighbors on both sides.

Oh... that sucks. Who owns the property? The neighbors should know about the bats IMO. Bat guano is bad juju.

I live in an attached house and share the attic with neighbors on both sides.

Oh... that sucks. Who owns the property? The neighbors should know about the bats IMO. Bat guano is bad jew jew.

Racist:|

:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

Shit. Another one of these little idiots has gotten in.>:(

Same deal here...Every so often we get one of the little bastards flying around the house. Im in a big log house, LOTS of places they can sneak in.
------------------------------------------
The Dude Abides.
-

I had a bat in my house once. I had to divorce her daughter to get rid of her.
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?